The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Oh shit. You are supposed to eat the whole thing in one bite: bones feet and all minus the beak. The napkin over your head and face is two fold: to trap in those fire aromas and also to shield yourself from the view of god for indulging in such culinary debauchery.

Edited by mr.yuck

18 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Oh shit. You are supposed to eat the whole thing in one bite: bones feet and all minus the beak. The napkin over your head and face is two fold: to trap in those fire aromas and also to shield yourself from the view of god for indulging in such culinary debauchery.

Meanwhile elsewhere in the world

image.thumb.png.642be818d601e1622eb165255250cc90.png

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 3:39 AM, ndv said:

That's interesting tho.  Wonder if Anthony Bourdain did a special on Ortolan?  

he wrote about it I know that much

And author and TV personality Anthony Bourdain describes his own ortolan experience in his 2010 book “Medium Raw.” The bird, smuggled into New York, was served at a private dinner.

“I bring my molars down and through my bird’s rib cage with a wet crunch and am rewarded with a scalding hot rush of burning fat and guts down my throat. Rarely have pain and delight combined so well. I’m giddily uncomfortable, breathing in short, controlled gasps as I continue slowly – ever so slowly – to chew. With every bite, as the thin bones and layers of fat, meat, skin, and organs compact in on themselves, there are sublime dribbles of varied and wondrous ancient flavors: figs, Armagnac, dark flesh slightly infused with the salty taste of my own blood as my mouth is pricked by the sharp bones. As I swallow, I draw in the head and beak, which, until now, have been hanging from my lips, and blithely crush the skull.”

Sounds feck to me

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Like 2
  • Props 1

14 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

@mr.yuckits all good - I think you should try and get your hands on some and take one for

the team.

youre right! I should take one for the team. Like there are a lot of tiny birds flying around the crib. I wonder if I can snare one of them and aaaannnd, how different could it be?

Aaand also assuming birds aren’t really that crunch and bleeding inside bourdains mouth was probably small gears annnnd that burning sensation was probably battery acid. 

All this is shaping up to be a terrible idea.

• LOL! 1

Yo. Speaking of eating disgusting shit, I just saw the most disgusting commercial I’ve ever seen. It’s for Mayo and the people are looking in their fridge like “man, I don’t have anything to eat.” Then they see the Mayo and are like “hey I got something!” Then it cuts scenes to them cooking all kinds of shit and then slopping a giant scoop of Mayo into their meal, essentially ruining it. Lol. That shit was so gross.

Enjoy

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Yo. Speaking of eating disgusting shit, I just saw the most disgusting commercial I’ve ever seen. It’s for Mayo and the people are looking in their fridge like “man, I don’t have anything to eat.” Then they see the Mayo and are like “hey I got something!” Then it cuts scenes to them cooking all kinds of shit and then slopping a giant scoop of Mayo into their meal, essentially ruining it. Lol. That shit was so gross.

Enjoy

You seem to have an issue with condiments.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

You seem to have an issue with condiments.

haha. I like Mayo. I don’t think I like what looks to be 2 cups of Mayo mixed into what ever horse shit they were cheffin up in the commercial. 

I do have a homie that doesn’t eat white sauces. No Mayo, no ranch, no sour cream, it’s weird. 

• LOL! 2

I thought we or some of y'all were talking about tools, just can't remember what thread the discussion is in.

Anyhow, any recommendations regarding electric blowers and electric power washers?  Gonna be using these primarily for auto detailing. 

I like electric power washers for many tasks because they are not as powerful as gas making it easier to avoid stripping paint or damaging wood. 

It is too bad you can hardly buy a decent hose now a days, we use red ones in construction that are supple and coil without problem but you can't find a similar product at home depot regardless of price.

• Like 3