Irrational Fears . . .

Dr. Scientist

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a kid I had a fear of m ankles being grabbed by something under my couch. So I always ALWAYS swung my feet up onto the couch and even went to the length of stuffing pillows in the space between the couch and the floor or just jumping onto the couch.

As of now? I'm really just afraid of cops.

Hello friends...

spider-that-could-probably-eat-you.jpg

I hate spider's and when i walk threw a web i run like 4-5 feet ahead and flail and jump up and down a couple time's

And height's and height's in video games you should check out just couse 2 for xbox 360! makes my stomach turn

& puking because i feel like ima stop breathing! i also have to be outside when puking i cant be inside at the time of puking i think i get claustrophobic at the same time ironic because i like drinking

And of course getting shots or freezing when at the dentist

And getting jumped or beat up couse i dont have a chest plate so a hit to the center of my chest can kill me!

IMG_0606-dreams.JPG

these things freak me the fuck out, there was this time i was driving and one of these fuckers was in my car zipping around and it was pissed, i almost smashed into a the car in front of me because i took my shirt off and started swating at the fucker.

WTF is that?

A giant ant with wings?

Spiders get me, I used to like them as a kid and watch shows about them but now as soon as I walk through a web it's stop, drop and fucking roll.

I was okay with flying when I was younger, but now when I get on a plane I start thinking about the fact that I'm trapped on a giant metal container thousands of feet in the air. I'll usually just grab a pack of those air sick pills and take a couple and go to sleep.

I was trying to explain something similar to a mate the other day. I hate swimming near/off boats. Even when I think about it I get anxious. I can remember the last time I was swimming out in a small harbour alongside some yacht and I just had to bail. This huge thing next to me and I can't see anything else in the water because it's murky. Shit definitely freaks me out.

What are these air sick pills you speak of? Something I should look into, or just stick with Xanax, haha.

only time i'm ever afraid of anything in water is when i'm near rocks. i dont care whats below me out in the middle of a lake or ocean. when i'm near a jetty or something, thats when i get weirded out about what could be lurking.

WTF is that?

A giant ant with wings?

i assumed it was some kind of wasp.

What are these air sick pills you speak of? Something I should look into, or just stick with Xanax, haha.

You can usually grab them at the airport chemist, there's a few different brands but the 'original' one always works wonders, haha. I'm sure Xanax will do a better job but you can always just grab these at the airport and sleep away your flight.

Fucking worst is in turbulence and the plane decides to drop a few meters out of the sky. Fuck that. But it's okay when you're asleep :D

travacalm-original.gif

We are neurologically wired to fear spiders/snakes etc, anything poisonous and small and/or hidden, from back in da day when we lived in huts and forests and plains etc. Although that mode of thinking is pretty outdated due to advanced civilizations, pest control, increases population, secure dwellings blah blah.

*Millions of people in the United States are injured from venoms produced by insects and other arthropods each year. Of these injuries about 25,000 result in severe injuries and about 32 result in deaths.

To draw a quick parallel, **there were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005. The financial cost of these crashes is more than 230 Billion dollars. 2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed. About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States -- one death every 13 minutes.

SAVE A SPIDER, DESTROY YOUR CAR

*This document is ENY-215 (IG099), one of a series of the Entomology and Nematology Department, Florida Cooperative Extension Service, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida. Publication date: October 1994. Revised: March 2003. Reviewed: June 2007. Please visit the EDIS Website at http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu.

**cited from http://www.car-accidents.com/pages/stats.html

• Like 1

rabies. i am completely fucking terrified of rabies. for a good 2 months i was convinced i had rabies and was going to die a horrible painful death. i had a nervous break down more or less and basically thought that bats were sneaking into my house through a a ventilation flap (the one that connects the dryer to the outside) and then hiding in my floor vents, coming out at night to bite me and give me rabies...OR that the mice in my house were infected and were going to give it to me.

it got so bad i refused to sleep because i figured thats when they would attack me and i had to be awake to stop them. i would hear wings flapping and shit (hallucinations). i was scared to eat food because i though the mice would leave their saliva on it which would infect me. i was putting books over all the airvents.

another thing i found out is if you stress on something hard enough and constantly look for symptoms they start to manifest themselves..so i would get foamy mouth and shit(cotton mouth basically) and headaches and shit and think i was going to die.

i don't stress on it now because im not as stressed but for a long time if you even said the word rabies i would get a panic attack..i still don't like cats and dogs and stuff and stay away from them out of fear they might have it. funny enough when i was younger i was actually around a dog who was rabid but didn't know it.

tumblr_lcu8xloiN31qa0nd6o1_400.jpg

fucking seriously!

When I was a kid I had a fear of m ankles being grabbed by something under my couch. So I always ALWAYS swung my feet up onto the couch and even went to the length of stuffing pillows in the space between the couch and the floor or just jumping onto the couch.

As of now? I'm really just afraid of cops.

THis.

and Mirrors. I am still heavily afraid of bathroom mirrors. if it's dark at all and i can't find a light

theres a good chance i'm just gonna bail on the whole situation. fuuuu.

You can usually grab them at the airport chemist, there's a few different brands but the 'original' one always works wonders, haha. I'm sure Xanax will do a better job but you can always just grab these at the airport and sleep away your flight.

Fucking worst is in turbulence and the plane decides to drop a few meters out of the sky. Fuck that. But it's okay when you're asleep :D

travacalm-original.gif

Good looking out, haha. I'll probably stick with Xanax, but maybe I'll give this a shot in the future.

b.c although i love getting high i hate heights

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

when jumping into a lake from a boat i am freaked out that my legs/feet will

hit something. so right after i jump in i keep my legs tucked up until i swim to the surface

shit i was doing it this past weekend at the lake. we were in the middle of the

lake where it's about 65ft deep but i still thought i was gonna hit something

by tucking ur feet u have a better chance of something going up ur bunghole which, medicaly, could be worse. i feel you, nohomo