Banksy Simpsons Couch Gag

LEVEL 75 PALADIN

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Banksy took aim at Twentieth Century Fox banking on "The Simpsons" Sunday night.

During the credit sequence for "MoneyBART," the British graffiti artist -- whose identity remains unconfirmed -- mocked the network's branding of their famous cartoon with a color-drained couch gag sequence.

Banksy's scrawled signature appeared early on in the credits, with his name obscuring a sad Krusty the Clown ad trumpeting "Krusty Now Doing Funerals.” Bart is then shown writing, "Must not write all over the walls," on a chalkboard before the camera zooms out to show the school with "Banksy" spray painted on it.

As the Simpsons take a seat on their couch in front of the TV, the lights flicker and the camera pans to a color-drained scene at the fictional 20th Century Fox "Simpsons" factory.

As "Schnidler's List"-style dramatic music swells, a group of Asian workers draw individual cells on transparencies for an episode of "The Simpsons."

A little boy in rags is passed one of the transparencies and dips it into a vat of what appears to be radioactive material, while a nearby rat is seen grabbing a bone from dead workers.

The camera then dives into the depths of the factory’s lower floors where the show’s merchandise is being made. A box full of cute kittens provides the fluff to stuff Bart dolls while a panda carries the toys to a shipper, who is using a dolphin head to tape shut the boxes of merch.

A unicorn is then shown sticking holes into CDs of the show before collapsing to the ground.

At the end of the sequence, 20th Century Fox flashes on the screen in the same color-drained style.

"The Simpsons" airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on Fox.

I was just saying the other day, the simpsons have really sacrificed plotline, story, and character development the past several years, instead just using their position at obviously right leaning fox studios to make eqully left leaning positions, becoming barely even a comedy show and just being a preachy liberal backlash fest.

The this shit aired. I was like omg this is exactly the type of who cares bullshit I was speaking on. Then I saw banksy on the closing credits...

Is the Banksy opening of the Simpsons transgressive or subversive? No, not unless you think millionaires tweaking the noses of billionaires is subversive; I'd like to see Werner Herzog or Michael Haneke do one. I'd also like the show not to be so terrible, but if wishes were horses, then that would be super weird.

• Like 1