'fitted hats'

KM4RT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep thinking this is a cultural/Australian thing with you because in America fitteds/baseball hats are basically the standard hat. And all demographics wear it... whites, blacks, Latinos, dudes over 50, thugs, emos, hip hoppers, punks, whatever.

Like one dude said New Era has been worn on the streets for the past 15-20 years. And baseball hats in general have been worn on the streets since probably the 1960's. It's not a new trend. Yeah it goes through phases and style changes... like I doubt you could get a Yankees cap in 200+ different colors & patterns back in the 80's... but the baseball cap has been regular street apparel for decades.

I agree with this Theo, it is a cultural thing the only people that rock caps (fitted or not) are teenagers over here, or fucking rude boys who think they live in the hood, when in reality they live in the UK in some little town and they think listening to Tupac means they are on some ghetto shit. Or just a bunch of fashion victim types, emos love their fitted hats over here too.

Other than that you get chavs in burberry (personally I would rock a fitted over burberry any day of the week) but again Burberry has a much different reputation in the US.

As for keeping sneakers fresh, I just wear them and once they start getting dirty I end up just getting another pair and leaving the dirty ones as knocking around shoes or painting shoes or something to wear if I am going to the park with my son and gonna be running around n shit. Can't be fucked to clean shoes.

why else? they forgot it was authentic when they bought it? or forgot it's semi water proofed? come on now... they have something to prove to no one.. period

Okay.

You think that you're above these dudes because you wear plain clothes, correct? That's bullshit, my dude. They wear clothes or leave stickers on or whatever because they like it. That's what it comes down to. They like the way it looks. You're dressing the way you do because you don't wanna look like you're following trends and being a sheep. You're being affected by the rap videos and style more than these cats, because you're avoiding the shit so much that you're actually bothered by the way other dudes dress. Who's concerned about the way they look more? The dudes that just wear what they like, or you, the dude that avoids anything that might make him look like he's following something.

/rant

• Like 1

I wholly support the clean/fresh shoes (not just sneakers) thing.

I got a lot if shoes.

The sticker thing us stupid also.

Rich rappers do it to show theyre rich and can buy new hats every 5mins and not worry about taking the stickers off.

Poor people like to idolize celebrities and try to fake the same image by keeping the stickers on for months. Because they can't afford so many hats, but at least they want to present that illusion.