When 3-D TV is released, think it will it make BluRay obsolete?

4x4

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think 3D is stupid you should go watch the shark movie they have in IMAX at the Virginia Aquarium (and probably other places too).

Shit is wild

or hows about that new "life" shit comin out/out? that in IMAX is going to be incredible.

those discovery cats could have seriously done without the voice of oprah though.

Thing is, most 3D stuff you see nowadays isnt strictly made for 3D, like some of the disney pictures like Up 3D which was made 2D then rendered into 3D. But when Toy story 3 in 3D comes out, I am pretty sure it will be fucking incredible because it is made in 3D from the start. I am excited.

This title is contradicting itself

you will need bluray to view 3d - do to the fact that the format would never fit on a standard production DVD

and anyway

3d is just a fad

its been here once before and they are trying to bring it back

so that means its a fad

it will go away in a few years

Thing is, most 3D stuff you see nowadays isnt strictly made for 3D, like some of the disney pictures like Up 3D which was made 2D then rendered into 3D. But when Toy story 3 in 3D comes out, I am pretty sure it will be fucking incredible because it is made in 3D from the start. I am excited.

One of my good friends does this for a job, you can't imagine how big of a pain in the ass it is to do. He just did it for that Clash of the Titans movie, which they shot in 2D, decided at the last minute "oh hey, 3D is the in thing right now, let's make this 3D", then had 6 weeks and spent countless amounts of money to hire an army of VFX compositors to rotoscope every fucking frame so that a bunch of morons can pay $10 more to watch a hand pop out of the screen. Dude was working like 19 hour days, the amount of bullshit and money thrown away in that industry is ridiculous.

3-D is tight and all, but no way in hell could I watch that shit regularly. It's still and in my opinion always will be a novelty....it's just making a huge comeback right now. I had to take my glasses off or look away from the screen during Avatar at least 5 times.....maybe just me....

And blu-ray isn't obsolete just cause your broke ass can't afford it..........

• 2 weeks later...