Conan is out, won't do show following Leno

LEVEL 75 PALADIN

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i been saying fuck Leno since Letterman didnt get the Tonight Show... i just dont get his brand of humor and his face and laugh make me pissed off...

also, one of the more absurd things i have EVER herd on this site is:

Who can watch shows from 11:35pm till 1am?

A: Unemployed people who can't afford what is being advertised on their commercials.

Here's all my thoughts, since I read only a few of yours. This may or may not have been said already.

Jay Leno was good ol' fashioned wholesome humor which was fitting for right after the news.

The 9 to 5ers watched the news and then a bit of the Tonight Show and went to bed happy.

"Our crowd" waited them out to see characters like Pimpbot and The Masturbating Bear on Late Night.

NBC gave Conan the chance to take the throne so to speak, but probably told him to "tone it down".

When the time came, Conan probably thought he could get away with same ol' shit and they put the kibosh on him and made him do interview/ads for Dell and bring on the fuckers from The Hills. (See; "Conan O' Brien visibly upset" thread")

He's had enough of them. They've had enough of him, so they try and bump him back to where he was.

But you can't take his stapler without him burning the place to the ground!

• Like 1

You should assume I was speaking of the masses. Hence why the term "9 to 5" exists.

I am well aware people who make good livings don't all work within "normal working hours."

I myself used to be a 2pm to 6am guy in my 20's and made good $ as a self-employed web designer working whenever I felt like it.

I should not need to explain that.

But for 80%ish of America who works 9 to 5(or have kids), I don't see how these shows get ratings.

i get up at 5:45 to be at work by 7 and i'm up later than midnight most nights.

Jay Leno has some moments, but overall he's washed up. He's old deli meat. Throw him out!

Bojangles has the right angle though. If we can't have the masturbating bear, then I say we burn down NBC offices and take all their staplers.

fs_ConansBear_blog.jpg

and please tell me Pierre Bernard wasn't left in NYC.

pierre-bernard-recliner-of-rage.jpg

Brandon Tartikoff would know what's up, he wouldn't let this happen.

tartikoffbr.jpg

How does anyone with a decent job watch late night TV?

Being born & raised in Chicago, and now living in AZ the last few years, these shows start at 10:35pm.

I still can't believe every other city gets it at 11:35pm.

Who can watch shows from 11:35pm till 1am?

A: Unemployed people who can't afford what is being advertised on their commercials.

flawed logic.

And moving Leno won't help, he just sucks.

I thought unemployed people watch daytime talk shows.