Conan is out, won't do show following Leno

LEVEL 75 PALADIN

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the show last night, did he do anything?

im sure you can find it online.

most the monolgue was about nbc.

he had a guy come out and explain pimps and ho's, basically explaining that conan was a ho getting pimped by nbc.

its pretty rad to watch such a public spectacle unfold. every joke im like 'man, i cant believe he's going so hardt'. you get used to people who dont speak their mind for fear of upsetting their sponsonrs and shit, but conan is going like a dude with nothing to lose and giant 'fuck you' to give. its kinda epic.

Oh I understand it very well. He's pissed that they're moving his show but wants to hide behind the idea that it's a tradition for the "Tonight Show" to be on during it's regular slot, other wise it would be on in the monring and not be the "Tonight Show."

If you want to tell me that if someone offered Conan O'Brien a chance to host the Tonight Show when he was 20 years old under the condition that the show had to be moved to a later slot that he would have turned to offer down cause they we're ruining the show and shitting on Johnny Carson's legacy? I doubt it.

He's a rich kid who who's acting like a spoiled rich kid.

You are probably right, but still it's not right that Conan was snubbed like that. First he was told he'd take over the Tonight Show & Leno was retiring, but they still gave Leno a new show before Conan. So it was almost like nothing changed.

As far as Leno's show... they were advertising it last year as being some kind of "variety show" that would be different than the Tonight Show. But it's the same show that Leno had before. Only thing different thing is the stage design and he doesn't sit at a desk, just lounge chairs.

So Conan was already being snubbed by having Leno still before him, and I guess this move to 12:05am was the last straw for him.

So Conan was already being snubbed by having Leno still before him, and I guess this move to 12:05am was the last straw for him.

A friend of mine gets a live feed of the Letterman show. So they see all the live shit that gets edited out. Apparently he was talking so much shit about NBC and how they did this to him back in the day. He even said something about Conan going to Fox and crushing Leno from there.

If you want to tell me that if someone offered Conan O'Brien a chance to host the Tonight Show when he was 20 years old under the condition that the show had to be moved to a later slot that he would have turned to offer down cause they we're ruining the show and shitting on Johnny Carson's legacy? I doubt it.

He's a rich kid who who's acting like a spoiled rich kid.

20 year olds routinely make the dumbest choices imaginable, so using that as your backing is beyond faulty.

it's funny that every single entertainer has backed conan on this, including leno, who is now claiming he will leave NBC is they continue with this, yet you feel you know more about the situation than all of hollywood. riiiiiiiiight...

dude's just mad because he's poor.

Of course Conan would have took the show when he was 20 if they said they would move it. He would have been a fool not to, but no one would ever be stupid enough to offer a 20 year old kid a show.

Nowadays, he has power and leverage in his field and should use it to do things he strongly believes in. He'd be a fool not to.