Conan is out, won't do show following Leno

LEVEL 75 PALADIN

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I understand it very well. He's pissed that they're moving his show but wants to hide behind the idea that it's a tradition for the "Tonight Show" to be on during it's regular slot, other wise it would be on in the monring and not be the "Tonight Show."

If you want to tell me that if someone offered Conan O'Brien a chance to host the Tonight Show when he was 20 years old under the condition that the show had to be moved to a later slot that he would have turned to offer down cause they we're ruining the show and shitting on Johnny Carson's legacy? I doubt it.

He's a rich kid who who's acting like a spoiled rich kid.

Calling him a spoiled rich kid implies that he has an undeserved sense of entitlement.

I think most people would agree that Conan has earned more respect than to be jerked around like this.

It would be a poor career move for Conan to lie down and take what ammounts to a breach of a very LoNG contract in stride. The entertainment biz is harsh, if you let your bosses get over on you like that you can be sure everyone else will know they can just punk you. NBC was basically in the position of deciding whose contract to breach, and they chose conan probably for the fact that jay just signed his last year and there's probably more to lose.

Conan not being a spoiled brat, he's acting like a business man protecting his personal brand. His fans will follow him to whatever network, he knows it and can't let his brand gt weakened by getting punked publically

it's not hard to undertand

Aside from Conan having written for The Simpsons, are either of these guys still relevant (Were they ever aside from Simpsons writing/appearances?). I mean, yeah I've laughed at jokes from both of them on some rare occasions, but I wouldn't consider either of them funny. Boo hoo.

There's something wrong with you too.

20 year olds routinely make the dumbest choices imaginable, so using that as your backing is beyond faulty.

it's funny that every single entertainer has backed conan on this, including leno, who is now claiming he will leave NBC is they continue with this, yet you feel you know more about the situation than all of hollywood. riiiiiiiiight...

If Leno is saying he'd leave NBC, then I doubt NBC will go ahead with this. Imagine both Leno & Conan leaving NBC. It would be a disaster for them.