Take that you fucking hippies! BANZAI!!!!

john_gacy

1st off, I'm all for preservation of endangered species, but I find this kind of amusing. The story is in dispute, but it seems that one of these Greenpeace type of organizations that fights whaling have been getting in the face of Japanese "researchers" to disrupt their efforts, prompting the Japanese to ram their boat and knock the end right off of it. For some reason,, I'm also amused that other boats were named the Bob Barker and Steve Irwin. The boat was supposedly pretty advanced, included kevlar in its construction, and supposedly could stop a harpoon. Arrr!

Before:

Ship+Photo+Ady+Gil.jpg

After:

Japan-rams-Sea-Shepherd-Ady-Gil.jpg

Story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34722032/ns/world_news-world_environment//

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

fuck those whale war faggots

we've only explored 5% of the ocean covering earth.. plenty of fish/whales for all

they should care about shark fishing, something like 70 million are killed every year for their fins

not to mention contests that only kill the biggest of the sharks they can capture

http://www.livescience.com/animals/070329_shark_decline.html

Hippy 1: All right! We're finally going to stop those corporate pigs from

dumping that nuclear waste!

Hippy 2: Oh, no! Our boat is sinking!

Burns: It was I, you fools! The man you trusted wasn't Wavy Gravy at

all! [tosses a guitar away] And all this time, I've been smoking

harmless tobacco. [pulls out a bong on the Greenpeace ship]

Greenpeace is right up there with PETA in the wack department. They care more about stunts, publicity and getting celebrities to cosign their agenda than keeping their volunteers safe.

It's one thing if you want to put your own ass on the line for whatever you believe in, but the last thing I'd do if I were in that boat would be putting it directly in the path of a whaling ship. I'm quite sure there were one or two people on that boat who didn't want to die.

They need to all get shot one day while trying to get aboard a boat with nothing but papers and a mic. I can understand that the world is killing off whales etc but youre messing with some elses income. Like trying to just waltz into a drug deal and make a civilians arrest. Whaling has been going on for a long time...I hate to be pessimistic but its not going to stop. Its a double edged sword ina way because most of those Japanese on the boats are doing it to feed their families.

this is front page news down here!

anti whaling and anti anti whaling hippies but goddamn aren't there any whales left in the northern hemisphere the japanese can hunt?

why do they have to do it in our waters?

(I'm sure they weren't directly in australian waters but the accusations have flown)

get your own whales

i just watched "the cove" a few weeks ago...great documentary...so as far as the japanese whalers and others who kill dolphins and whales...fuck them.

and i just recently visited an animal sanctuary that has gotten donations from bob barker....so hes ok in my book.

cool boat though.

Time for a crossfire-esque fact check...

Sea Shepherd (http://www.seashepherd.org) also do sharks. /nofishlove

The batmoboat used to be this:

earthrace_small.jpg

was called 'Earthrace' fastest powerboat to circumnavigate the globe and was donated by the owner and painted black. Runs on biodiesel.

also Bob Barker gave them the bucks for that other ex-harpoon boat, hence the name and the other one was named after Steve died in tribute.

The Japanese aren't whaling to feed anybody, at least officially, it's all for scientific research.

This is probably bigger news in Australia and New Zealand though because it's right on, and allegedly in, our front door. Now back to the comedy....

The whole part about scientific research is mostly bullshit, last time I was in Japan I ate whale.

Either they are lying or they're really researching the fuck out of thousands of whales a year.

The old people there love whale meat, understandably so since they've been eating whale for centuries.

BTW, whale meat tastes like shit, mad gamey like a moose or buffalo meat.