Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
localmartyr

anyone joining Peace Corps?

don't get it twisted, i'm no hippie or tree hugger. i just don't want to be here anymore, but im unemployed, dead broke, and in debt, so vacation is out of the question.

the recruiter said i would have to sacrifice many things including being around my family, my friends, and basically the general public, they asked if i wanted to know where i'd be sent...i wanted to know where to sign.

Would anyone else chill with HIV positive deaf Somali children for a free trip to Africa?

peacecorpswellpaintingp.jpg

but seriously...

im thinking of joining the navy cuz i have no clue what the fuck ima do with my life. rite now im in community college and racking up some debt with loans and what not i barely found a job that barely gives me hours so im like fuck it why not i wanna travel...somewhat free.

but yeah i think that africa wouldnt be a place that id want to visit but hey if thats your cup of tea meh why not rite?

There is actually a lot more to the training and processing of your application. The application process alone takes 6 months to a year. Then training for close to a year. Are you proficient in another language? Do you have a degree in any sort of human services/social science program?

Join the Americorps. Charity starts at home.

im thinking of joining the navy cuz i have no clue what the fuck ima do with my life. rite now im in community college and racking up some debt with loans and what not i barely found a job that barely gives me hours so im like fuck it why not i wanna travel...somewhat free.

but yeah i think that africa wouldnt be a place that id want to visit but hey if thats your cup of tea meh why not rite?

if your serious talk to me first... ill give the "real talk"

shir sucks sometimes.

anybody thinking of joining the service to solve their economical situation is fucking stupid.

that's like thinking "if i knock up my girlfriend, it'll bring us closer and solve our relationships problems"

but by all means, if you're that stupid sign up. they need people like you then.

NOW

as to the peace corps, go for it dude. if you aint got shit going on in your life now, and you're a waste of space and recognize this fact - DO IT. you'll probably build up character if the aids doesnt kill you first.

seriously dont join the Navy to get paid

yer just gonna regret it

i was thinking about doing peace corp but then i got this job so im pretty locked down for the next 40 years or so

Vulcan was inspired to enlist after he saw SQUIRREL's submarine pictures.

At this point in life I am way too selfish to join the peace core....at least I am honest though.

• Like 1

Ou know you have to pay in several thousand dollars to join the peace corps?!?

They didn't tell you tht you would also be sacrificing money as well.

How do you spell peace corp with three letters?

CIA

I dont know how far you made it in school, but most peace corps positions require a bachelors degree also. A family member of mine was in the peace corps in Togo. She said it was one of the most amazing experiences shes ever had. Its a pretty serious commitment though...not a "im tired of being here, I want to go somewhere else" kind of thing. I would suggest putting a bit more thought into it. But hey, what do I know.

There is actually a lot more to the training and processing of your application. The application process alone takes 6 months to a year. Then training for close to a year. Are you proficient in another language? Do you have a degree in any sort of human services/social science program?

Join the Americorps. Charity starts at home.

Still stands

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now