anyone joining Peace Corps?

localmartyr

HAHAHAHA, its funny how many paople have no idea what their talking about. I spoke with the recruiter for almost an hour. I know qualification standards.

Lulz. You do realize recruiters for any organization just tell people what they want to hear so that they get people trying to join? You think that in the 45 minutes or so that you talked to the recruiter, he's going to give you all the details, even the ones that might make you instantly change your mind about joining? fuck no, he's going to tell you exactly what you want to hear and then later on down the road they'll tell you the shit you don't want to hear if you're too dumb to go read up on it first.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you got me br0...6 thusand posts in ALMOST TWO years, when I don't work, shows quite a commitment on my part. 11 posts per day (when 6 are either "LOL" or a laughing emoticon) is totally alot :rolleyes:

I don't think I know you, but either way you can have fun writing me from some hellhole country (which you had to go to for "vacation" cuz you're broke) while I'm at the bar drinking Don Julio and fucking women without AIDS

laughing at the first thing you wrote,...."nigga said emoticons" *ha

got me there, you like chillen in bars, tryin too hard to get your dick wet. i prefer shit holes, and backalleys, thats why i am who i am, and you have 6,000 posts. theres no retort that wouldn't make me think your...you know, not a loser. sorry.:crap:

i know someone who just joined. she wants to go to south america but who know where they will send her. i think you can deny the first two places they offer to send you, then your stuck on the third one. anyways, she has a bachelors in womens studies and knows a little about aids education.

it sounds like an awesome experience, i have recently considered it but i dont have a bachelors degree

keep us posted

i work for a non profit and we do some work with the peacecorps.

just be sure to shave your beard and shave your head if you have curly hair, in alot of places down there the devil in a white man with a beard and curly hair.

do some research into the are, dont go into any war stricken areas.

malawi is a good place to go, its i think the 3rd poorest country and theres little to no military/rebel conflicts or turmoil.

i really dont know much about the technical aspect of applying and whatnot but im the only employee at our work who hasnt spent over a decade in the peace corps.

plus 50 dollars usd gets you alot of stuff over there.

my ex by way of the peace corp seems to be enjoying it. and certainly likes not having to deal with this fucked economy / job market. been away for about 8 months now, and I really expected her to abort mission and be back early, cus it's def no walk in the park. the application / acceptance took literally a year, and she had to cough up some decent change for all the medical exams, gear and whatnot. she ended up in some super secluded little town in albania, and having to learn some useless ass dead language so she could teach english.

I say do it, but don't plan on it actually happening any time soon.