TOPIC: CALI medicinal marijuana dispensaries

SKUM:BUCKET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard 18 L.A. dispensaries were denied recently. Kinda funny how California works...

I also thought Obama's new AG said the feds would no longer raid California dispensaries.

Yeah shit is sketchy.. I just think its a weird set up and they keep track of whos doing what.. They are always one step ahead. I dont trust it.................... :scrambled:

Weed will never be legalized

The govt makes way more money off of court fees, fines, etc

say they sell 30 dollar 1/8ths or something, and for every 30 dollars they make, 5 bucks is taxed. now how many weedheads do you know that regularly take a trip up the river specifically for weed? i don't know many who get arrested on the regular, at least for bud. say that specific shop sells 40-50 a day, seeing as cali's shops are rather popular, that's 250 bucks for the federal/state government. now seeing as there's hundreds of them, that'd be around 250,000 dollars at the end of the day if 100 shops sold around that much. god knows there's better days and worse days, but 250 grand is the median number. by the end of the week, that's 2 million in their pockets. i feel as though 2 million dollars at least that'd be regularly going into the state government's reserves would be the biggest surge that ALL local economies can get. every city has a huge underground weed economy, with EASILY over 50 1/8ths individually sold a day, if that was legalized. well, you do the math (2 million x 50). of course it would differ, but that's business/the government raping businesses that aren't trillion dollar corporations for you.

and i dunno about you, but i've never paid a court fine in the full, i tell em to payment plan that shit/work it off on community service. i ain't made of money

• Like 1

I think that the legality of marijuana in this country is not a question of taxes or income to the state but one of ideals. I believe that having drugs illegal gives the government a free hand in locking up those that are deemed undesirable or marginal and those who think differently.

There is a lot more to making money of the criminal system than court fees, there is also the privatization of the prison system which is a huge money maker for certain companies etc. The thing that I have been waiting to see happen is the criminalization of bankruptcy, that would be the kill shot for locking up a massive amount of poor folks and exploiting them further.

Then of course there is the old joke as to why marijuana will never be legal? Because all the supporters are to stoned to go out and fight for it.

• Like 1

I saw the DEA raiding one a couple of blocks down a few months ago, luckily the one on my block is still in business?

Anybody care for some pecan pie?

I definately feel like its a setup at times too. Cmon you gota be in a LOG of sorts to purchase and it just seems like they are watching your movements. I got my medicinal card but im still down with the black market. Cmon now the shops are hella pricey.. Uncle Sam been taxing us forever.. Regardless i doubt it will ever be legalized. The MAN would loose to many jobs.. Think about it DEA agents and other task forces would be with a thumb up their asses.. Its good to see shops open right now.. But im guessing give it a year or so and once again, people running/working there will be once again made examples....

Eh no big deal the ones around oakland seemed to get messed with quite a bit. I just hate some of the shady ass covers with bouncers at the door. The few I've been to in sac area seem pretty legit, one always has these fine ass chicks workin the back.

say they sell 30 dollar 1/8ths or something, and for every 30 dollars they make, 5 bucks is taxed. now how many weedheads do you know that regularly take a trip up the river specifically for weed? i don't know many who get arrested on the regular, at least for bud. say that specific shop sells 40-50 a day, seeing as cali's shops are rather popular, that's 250 bucks for the federal/state government. now seeing as there's hundreds of them, that'd be around 250,000 dollars at the end of the day if 100 shops sold around that much. god knows there's better days and worse days, but 250 grand is the median number. by the end of the week, that's 2 million in their pockets. i feel as though 2 million dollars at least that'd be regularly going into the state government's reserves would be the biggest surge that ALL local economies can get. every city has a huge underground weed economy, with EASILY over 50 1/8ths individually sold a day, if that was legalized. well, you do the math (2 million x 50). of course it would differ, but that's business/the government raping businesses that aren't trillion dollar corporations for you.

and i dunno about you, but i've never paid a court fine in the full, i tell em to payment plan that shit/work it off on community service. i ain't made of money

$25,000

MATH FAIL

Because hitting Cali dispensaries is like pulling the movement out by it's roots. Prop 215 was Cali born so in a sort of symbolic way it makes sense,as well as symbolic it's tactical because of the vast numbers of dispensaries in Cali.

I wish New York would open some so I wouldn't have to pay such jacked rates. Plus moms got severe M.S.

I just wish they would legalize weed in the UK, the tax on it could be used for drug education and healthcare, the police resources used to fight weed growers and sellers could be better placed getting hard drugs under control, also I am sick of people geting busted and having to wait to get hold of decent weed, if it was legal there would be regular supplies and I could get stoned when I like haha