Shaving...... yeeeea

acer910

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

858748400_fb8cb3a848.jpg

Safety razor. In the end is cheaper and more effective than those triple + blades. Spend some time and money. It's your face after all.

I think there is a message board I read about in a magazine.. Blade and badger. Read up.

You know what was a complete fail? Those razors that had a little button on the handle that would make it buzz like it was clippers or something. That effect did NOTHING, and it took AAA batteries, which I never had around.

I have had the same beard trimmer thing for 3 years, I got it at some shameless dollar store in my neighborhood, it's by a no-name company (Wahl?) and it looks like it would stop working after 24 hours.

best razor I ever had.

I need tips on shaving as well. Is there any way to get rid of those red irritation marks? Kinda like pimples without puss. Ingrown hairs maybe. I've tried going against the grain and with the grain on my neck and both ways I get the red marks.

Oh and is a beard always going to be itchy?

This is father son shit that i missed out on.

I need tips on shaving as well. Is there any way to get rid of those red irritation marks? Kinda like pimples without puss. Ingrown hairs maybe. I've tried going against the grain and with the grain on my neck and both ways I get the red marks.

Oh and is a beard always going to be itchy?

This is father son shit that i missed out on.

What you might try is a steaming hot washrag on your face for a few minutes before the shave. Lather up then shave down on the face, up under the chin. Another hot washrag

for a few and then some aftershave.

No, the beard will get less itchy and then not at all.

i use both the disposable razors and i've got some fancy philips electric one too. i get pretty heavy growth, and only shave once a week. so i've got a small beard by the friday. fuck shaving every day, if i did that then i'm pretty sure i'd get to the point where i'd have to shave twice a day soon enough.

for me the disposable razor's a much closer and cleaner shave, but the electric one's much easier in the long run, so that's what i tend to go with most of the time.

shave in the shower . no mirror needed im just quick n careful. tool of choice : cut throat or Schick razor with trimmer.

Gillette sensitive skin cream. and some moisturizer my mum got me a while back.

one question . does any one get a few small spots like under your chins n shit? im not talking puss filled just small red bumps? no their not cuts. but yeah any info?

i use both normal razor and electric. mainly electric. but i use a traditional razor on my neck, cuz fuck shaving a neck with electric, razor burn city. took my years to figure all this out, dad never taught me how to shave ha. maybe i didn't even need it til i was out of the house?

co-sign the shower mirror / shave in the shower, thats the only way to go when regular shaving.

i can't grow a beard for shit, otherwise i would and just forget about shaving.

You know what was a complete fail? Those razors that had a little button on the handle that would make it buzz like it was clippers or something. That effect did NOTHING, and it took AAA batteries, which I never had around.

I have had the same beard trimmer thing for 3 years, I got it at some shameless dollar store in my neighborhood, it's by a no-name company (Wahl?) and it looks like it would stop working after 24 hours.

best razor I ever had.

i got a wahl electric too

Use a cetaphil type cleanser followed by some sort of facial scrub in the shower beforehand. Shave once going with the grain and if you want to get fancy shave again going against or across the grain. Follow with a quality moisturizer or if you want to get fancy a aftershave cream.

It only took me 30 years on the planet to figure this shit out.

I have tried many high end shave creams and like the Jack Black one alot but due to price roll with the Aveeno and am just fine with that.

Some people can shave in the shower without a mirror, I am not one of them. When I was a teenager I tried because I thought doing so would be the ultimate and I could never get the hang of it and would always have to do touch up work after.

shave after the shower, the hot water from the shower opens all the pores in your face which aids in shaving.

I use a three blade gilette razor (anything more than 3 blades is just stupid, even three blades is a little excessive...)

I use nivea for men sensitive skin shaving gel

and I rinse my blade off with warm/hot water to keep it clean

shave with the grain, not against

and unless you have severe acne you shouldn't have problems with cutting/nicking unless you're in a hurry.

this shit is common sense, didn't your dads teach you kids how to shave ?

electric razors are fucking garbage. they will fuck up your facial hair in a way like Chups already said, rips your hair out, makes it grow in spiral patterns, etc. never use one.

shave after the shower, the hot water from the shower opens all the pores in your face which aids in shaving.

I use a three blade gilette razor (anything more than 3 blades is just stupid, even three blades is a little excessive...)

and unless you have severe acne you shouldn't have problems with cutting/nicking unless you're in a hurry.

electric razors are fucking garbage. they will fuck up your facial hair in a way like Chups already said, rips your hair out, makes it grow in spiral patterns, etc. never use one.

alot of conflicting opinions in here haha

why does having alot of blades do bad things for your face?

always shave with the grain.

and that's balls, i've been using an electric since i was 15, i'm now 22. i most certainly do not have fuckin' crop circles all over my coupon.

hardly any cunt i know has had their father teach them how to shave. i suppose everyone just takes it on a trial and error basis.

plus i cannot believe how many of you closet cases are using fuckin' moisturisers. there'll be some serious fuckin' man loving on a pink scooter before i'm doing that shit.

you don't need that many blades

having more blades makes it harder to be precise actually

so if you're the type of guy who has sideburns, or a goatee, or whatever, it makes it harder to keep the shape because you can't be as precise

I have a pretty heavy beard, and have been shaving since I was 13/14 (started with a moustache, then sideburns, then it all went downhill from there)

and I have to be clean shaved for work so I shave every second day, its easier to maintain when its short and you are less likely to get an ingrown hair, razor burn, cuts, any of those annoying little maladies

plus i cannot believe how many of you closet cases are using fuckin' moisturisers. there'll be some serious fuckin' man loving on a pink scooter before i'm doing that shit.

haha, wat

you use an electric razor, yet you're the one calling US faggots?

you don't need that many blades

having more blades makes it harder to be precise actually

so if you're the type of guy who has sideburns, or a goatee, or whatever, it makes it harder to keep the shape because you can't be as precise

I have a pretty heavy beard, and have been shaving since I was 13/14 (started with a moustache, then sideburns, then it all went downhill from there)

and I have to be clean shaved for work so I shave every second day, its easier to maintain when its short and you are less likely to get an ingrown hair, razor burn, cuts, any of those annoying little maladies

haha, wat

you use an electric razor, yet you're the one calling US faggots?

if you look back on the last page, you'll see that i've said that i use both.