CHEESE STEAK ARGUMENT THREAD: ITS BACK!

Soup

Re: CHEESE STEAK ARGUMENT THREAD: ITS OFFICIALLY SUPER GAY

we have a place out here (and ive seen it in parts of the bay) called the cheesesteak shop that ships in amoroso rolls and tasty kakes from philly....i guess thats as close to a real cheesesteak as im gonna get.....i tried making philly cheesesteaks at home using ribeye beef and cheezwhiz....but the bread was wack, so it didnt come out good.

i guess if i want the real thing, i might as well plan a trip to philly.....

i want to try some water ice too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheese+steak+bread=cheesesteak

theres no secret formula

i get them from subway and it tastes fucking delicious

dont get all antsy at me about how i dont know shit about "real" cheesesteaks

ive never been to philly

let alone the US

$.02

I love steak and cheese sandwiches. I eat them everywhere I go, and make them at home a few times a week, almost always with mushrooms, mayo, and extra American cheese. Are these delicous? Of course they are. Are they an authentic Philly Cheesesteak? No, because they're not from Philly and they're not made in the same way. That's why I call them a steak and cheese, as does almost everyone I know.

This argument really isn't all that difficult to get

Quoted for emphasis

• 1 month later...

see if the cheesteak wasnt such a big deal why would cities all over the us have there own attempts... and anywhere that ships in amaroso rolls and tastykakes sounds liek a winner to me.. btw here is a buffalo chicken cheesesteak from the other night from ishkabibbles on south st. in phila

01fdcdae.jpg

i wouldnt have chose to go there but buncha people i was with wanted to.. so yeah it was pretty good too

personally i love cheese whiz, i could eat it on anything, my family has a bowl of it for thanksgiving dinner, i dont like my cheesesteaks chopped i like slabs, i think steves prince of steaks in northeast philly is one of the best. along with a cherry water ice from ritas and some

soft pretzels.

after all this hype i felt inspired to create my own, seeing as i live 18671.13 kilometers away Philly. i only used what was in my fridge so this really isn't going to be close to the original, so i called it the.....

PertHILLY CHEESE AND STEAK

IMG0043A.jpg

i used aussie steak fillet which i finely sliced, i chopped the onions myself, tinned mushrooms with butter sauce and banged it all in the fry pan.

while that was cooking i got the only roll i had in my fridge which just happened to be a burger bun cut it in half put butter in it then microwaved for 20 sec's. once the bun was done i put a light coat of tomato sauce which was the best i was gonna get to replicating tomato's and some Hot English Mustard to counteract the horrible sweet sensation that ketchup brings.

then i mixed the result of paragraph two and paragraph three together and gobbled it down like an Ethiopian, actually that's a bit poor taste.... unlike the burger/sandwich

IMG0044A.jpg

dam it was good

• Like 1

dude, i just got back from eating at 99 miles to philly right now haha. shit is good, probably the best cheesesteak i've had in nyc. they import the rolls that are used on real philly cheesesteak, however, still not as good as the real deal in my opinion. philly's on houston and ludlow is good too.

i used aussie steak fillet which i finely sliced, i chopped the onions myself, tinned mushrooms with butter sauce and banged it all in the fry pan.

while that was cooking i got the only roll i had in my fridge which just happened to be a burger bun cut it in half put butter in it then microwaved for 20 sec's. once the bun was done i put a light coat of tomato sauce which was the best i was gonna get to replicating tomato's and some Hot English Mustard to counteract the horrible sweet sensation that ketchup brings.

then i mixed the result of paragraph two and paragraph three together and gobbled it down like an Ethiopian, actually that's a bit poor taste.... unlike the burger/sandwich

Your cheesesteak seems to be lacking cheese.

• 2 weeks later...

i said it before.. ill say it again..

Chink's steaks in the NEP !! chea!!.. great steak, bangin shake, and hot young jawns..

then accross the street to jacks bar.. to see the 50yr old granny strippers...for a laugh and a VD.

http://chinksteaks.com/

i travel alot and have never had a good cheesesteak outside of philly. ..its hard to get a good cheesesteak IN philly.. let alone outside the birthplace of this great country i call America.