What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i read my share of fantasy novels, but its covers like that that ensure they stay in boxes and not on the shelf...

Do I really have to say don't judge a book by it's cover ?

Piers Anthony isn't your typical fantasy author and he didn't write a D'n'D knock off.

The Xanth series is probably one of the most entertaining series of novels I've ever read, and a lot of it went over my head at 11 and 12 years old. I'm really enjoying reading through them again.

i don't read books. never liked the way it was printed black ink on white paper. kinda hurts my eyes. most of my knowledge is from books I'm told, just repeated on television and movies, and I think that is way more fascinating.

or maybe I don't read books because of all the doucheys that say "well the book was better than the movie"... and I don't know if that is ever true or not, but I don't intend on finding out. anyways, enjoy your thread bookworms.

2vn4bjq.jpg

Interesting but...

Not very long, and I read up on the history of the book, seems to me a fake.

But a interesting read none the less.

classic high school read! i heard they made a made-for-tv-movie and i looked for it forever with no luck. that would just be awesome.

okay so feel free to ignore me as this is like the 85th time i've written the title of this book in here but 'blood meridian' is fucking brutal. and i think symbols said it wasn't graffic...... holy fuck i must be a pussy then because this book had me audibly takenaback. twice. in taco bell. in the first 100 pages. i don't think i could just sit down and read this at length. it makes my soul hurt. but i'm the puss with 'dont let your heart get broken by this world' tatted on my wrist for a visual reminder..

200px-TheSecretLogo.jpg

The tenet of the book is that an individual's focused positive thinking can result in life-changing results.

-lady has me reading it, dont know if ive fallen for it yet!

please let me know if this is worth reading man.

i saw some girl at the gym riding the bike and reading it, and then saw it in the book section of the thrift store for $2...but was unsure about it.

okay so feel free to ignore me as this is like the 85th time i've written the title of this book in here but 'blood meridian' is fucking brutal. and i think symbols said it wasn't graffic...... holy fuck i must be a pussy then because this book had me audibly takenaback. twice. in taco bell. in the first 100 pages. i don't think i could just sit down and read this at length. it makes my soul hurt. but i'm the puss with 'dont let your heart get broken by this world' tatted on my wrist for a visual reminder..

graffic. lololololol.

YOU KNOW BETTER.

I dont think she meant graphic in the violent sense but not detailed the way other novels are. Cormac McCarthy didn't really go into detail about things the way most novels do, I don't recall him describing scenery all that much, or anything else really for that matter.

At least that's what I took from her statement.