What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i hate jack kerouac too. i really tried to get into it in highschool when it was the cool thing to do but meh. if i want to hear about neal cassidy i'll just read this again cuz it fuckin rules:

electric-kool-aid-acid-test.jpg

pretty much anything tom wolfe does is good.

cool book, hippies doin hippy shit

i hate jack kerouac too. i really tried to get into it in highschool when it was the cool thing to do but meh. if i want to hear about neal cassidy i'll just read this again cuz it fuckin rules:

electric-kool-aid-acid-test.jpg

pretty much anything tom wolfe does is good.

I did enjoy this book but Tom Wolf's a cunt though, have you read that fucking risible "A Man In Full"? Proper bag of wank, I used to work in a frozen food warehouse & it was fuck all like the one described in this book. And the cunt always wears a white suit. The prick.

I'm currently reading "Love On the Dole" by Walter Greenwood. It's shaping up to be pretty good. Social fucking history & all that shit.

• Like 1

so 'the winter of our discontent' by steinbeck was 100% not what i expected.

it was another of steinbeck's pieces that reaffirms he was a master. so far from his california working class story, it was awesome. highly recommend.

starting 'lone survivor' tomorrow.

• Like 1

word....how about the turner diaries??...have you read that?

you were the person telling me about Maus right?....i still need to get around to reading those books...im not used to the comic book style though...thats why i passed on persepolis.

I havent gotten around to the turner diaries, its on my list though

I highly suggest maus just because its really well written and the visuals are pretty innovative

And to be honest im not big on graphic novels, besides maus the only graphic novel ive read from beginning to end was the watchmen

^^^ damn good. Alexie is one of the great living writers. Even if you're not 14 years old, his YA stuff is good... which is rare. Dude can write ANYTHING too, poetry, memoir, fiction, essay... hook up The Lone Ranger And Tonto Fistfight in Heaven if you haven't already. I teach from that book literally every year and it's always good.

PS: Super nice guy too, met him at a conference in Denver in April and we talked about frybread. (Cool story bro.)

I did enjoy this book but Tom Wolf's a cunt though, have you read that fucking risible "A Man In Full"? Proper bag of wank, I used to work in a frozen food warehouse & it was fuck all like the one described in this book. And the cunt always wears a white suit. The prick.

Haha, I read a Man in Full. Talk about perverse, there is a full on horse mating scene that spans several pages. It made for a funny book to suggest to friends.

• Like 1