What book are you reading? Part 20

c2798.jpg

Very nice short stories not made for children

at last someone not reading vonneghut/macarthy/worldwarZ/kitchen confidential/ etc.

great to see - i'm gonna hit up the 2nd hand bookstore at lunch for this.

EDIT this isn't meant as a dis - we all seem to read the same things and they come up over and over and over in this thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

damn, thats fucked up.

what happened?

what did he say?

i went to the book signing for david relin, the guy who co-authored the book "three cups of tea"

he was really cool...when talking about the book, he made a reference to "cheese wit" a reference to cheesesteak sandwiches in philly...nobody in the room understood what he was talking about, because most of the people there were old farts.

so when i met him, i talked to him about cheesesteaks and how he made funny of one of his characters in his book by calling the guy "jiffy pop head"

he laughed...i think talking to me was a breath of fresh air compared to doing signings for a bunch of geriatrics that were there.

i don't read books. never liked the way it was printed black ink on white paper. kinda hurts my eyes. most of my knowledge is from books I'm told, just repeated on television and movies, and I think that is way more fascinating.

or maybe I don't read books because of all the doucheys that say "well the book was better than the movie"... and I don't know if that is ever true or not, but I don't intend on finding out. anyways, enjoy your thread bookworms.

nolove.jpg

i lol'd

• Like 1

haha, well i actually just bought it the other day and have only read the introduction. i'm going to start fucking around with it and if i like it get heavy into it, then start fucking with python and beyond. but i'll be taking courses at that point probably.

read book see if i like it >>>

if i like it take a class at a community college to be certain >>>

if i am certain take out loans and go back to school full time >>>

??? >>>

profit >>>

haha, well i actually just bought it the other day and have only read the introduction. i'm going to start fucking around with it and if i like it get heavy into it, then start fucking with python and beyond. but i'll be taking courses at that point probably.

read book see if i like it >>>

if i like it take a class at a community college to be certain >>>

if i am certain take out loans and go back to school full time >>>

??? >>>

profit >>>

c++ is object oriented programming. if you can grasp even the concept you'll do fine. i just had poor teachers and no will to finish what I started. it's the backbone of programming and translates well into python - python being easier than c++ in many peoples opinions.

i stick to web based programming, which is to say I call functions in php. :P

c++ is object oriented programming. if you can grasp even the concept you'll do fine. i just had poor teachers and no will to finish what I started. it's the backbone of programming and translates well into python - python being easier than c++ in many peoples opinions.

i stick to web based programming, which is to say I call functions in php. :P

this kinda hurt my brain. but i finally get what the book you guys are talking about is. no computer smarts here.

so are you really reading that or just posting the cover for lulz?

no, i really read it, in about two hours. it was awesome.

lots of chain-running and dick-sucking and brick-flipping.

that author is from my hometown and they're all about "the mean projects of richmond."

i worked at b&n all through high school & some of college and she used to send people in to boost her books and sell them at her own store.

my manager went on an undercover mission and checked the barcodes to confirm.

which was kind of stupid of her because it fucked up her sales numbers, but on the other hand then we had to order more to keep in stock.

now reading:

300px-CarlHiaasen_BasketCase.jpg

sorta stupid, but passes the time on the train.