What book are you reading? Part 20

finished this about a month ago

kitchen-confidential-updated-edition-adventures-in-culinary-underbelly-anthony-bourdain-paperback-cover-art.jpg

started this last week, I'am about Halfway through this..(awesome,highly recommended)

a-game-of-thrones-book-1-of-a-song-of-ice-and-fire.jpg

almost done with this..

NastyBits.jpg

and just started this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTomBC9ZaX1BgxQMel4ES0FKwzBeAexP1XUDSmsSXuOIkjFLJ5N&t=1

yes I have add, so I always have way too many things going on at once.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
sounds sweet^

i posted this a long time ago, and only ended up reading like 2 chapters and put it down, picked it up today and read like 10, and about to read some more..

No_Angel.jpg

books2.jpg

I read this about Jay Dobyns. Same premise. Cemented any doubts

that every federal law enforcement branch couldn't find their asses

with two hands. Out of 400+ indictments, only 1 person went to

jail cause he pled guilty.

you dudes that are into fantasy shit, you ever read the Icewind Dale series? or any of the other Salvatore books? read the Icewind Dale series when i was like 15 in about a day and a half, and like 3/4 of the Legacy of the Drow. just curious how other people feel about them.

books2.jpg

I read this about Jay Dobyns. Same premise. Cemented any doubts

that every federal law enforcement branch couldn't find their asses

with two hands. Out of 400+ indictments, only 1 person went to

jail cause he pled guilty.

i was thinking about grabbing this last time i was at the bookstore wasnt sure about it though, worth reading?

was also thinking about grabbing this..

Prodigal-Father-Pagan-Son-.jpg

anyone read it?

you dudes that are into fantasy shit, you ever read the Icewind Dale series? or any of the other Salvatore books? read the Icewind Dale series when i was like 15 in about a day and a half, and like 3/4 of the Legacy of the Drow. just curious how other people feel about them.

I read Icewind Dale when I was very young as well, around 15 years ago. I remember enjoying it very much, the author is Tad Williams iirc? Too lazy to google...I might pick that up next time I hit the Bookmine up. I never really got into most of the Forgotten Realms books, but I did like the Drizzt novels.

ive got 12 books next to my bed waiting to get read (hey, that rhymed), and ive got about 30 e-books on my desktop waiting to get read....i need to get on those.

..i was going through my old books from honors english in high school last week and looked through some books that i havent seen in years and decided to reread wuthering heights...havent read it in about 16 years...im understanding a lot more when reading it this time around.

• Like 1

..i was going through my old books from honors english in high school last week and looked through some books that i havent seen in years and decided to reread wuthering heights...havent read it in about 16 years...im understanding a lot more when reading it this time around.

"You teach me now how cruel you've been — cruel and false! Why did you despise me? Why did you betray your own heart, Cathy? I have not one word of comfort. You deserve this. You have killed yourself. Yes, you may kiss me, and cry; and wring out my kisses and tears: they'll blight you — they'll damn you. You loved me — then what right had you to leave me? What right — answer me — for the poor fancy you felt for Linton? Because misery, and degradation, and death, and nothing God or Satan could inflict would have parted us, you, of your own will, did it. I have not broken your heart — you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine. So much the worse for me, that I am strong. Do I want to live? What kind of living will it be when you——oh, God! would you like to live with your soul in the grave?"

plague.jpg

One of the books that really got me into literature, this was about 5 years ago. Many thanks to ol boy Albert and his existentialism.

Just finishing this on my day off,

4888596722_d84e82662d.jpg

before that, i read some Mishima. I tried to read another of his books after this called spring snow. it was just heavy and slow, I couldn't get past a hundred pages, if you have trouble sleeping i suggest it.

6606804-L.jpg

• Like 1

Prodigal-Father-Pagan-Son-.jpg

Just bought it.. If its decent I'll let a nigga know.

awesome, let me know.

I read Icewind Dale when I was very young as well, around 15 years ago. I remember enjoying it very much, the author is Tad Williams iirc? Too lazy to google...I might pick that up next time I hit the Bookmine up. I never really got into most of the Forgotten Realms books, but I did like the Drizzt novels.

author is R.A. Salvatore. i think i'm gonna check out some of his shit again next time i hit the bookstore. i got sucked right into the Icewind Dale trilogy and pissed right through it, i thought it was awesome. the 2 or so Drizzt books i read were sweet too, the names of all the dark elfs used to get me so friggin confused on who was who though. i think i actually have 2 i never got to reading, maybe i'll pick those up next. that is if i'm able to jump right back into that is knowing who all the smaller characters are still, its been a while, ha.

awesome, let me know.

author is R.A. Salvatore. i think i'm gonna check out some of his shit again next time i hit the bookstore. i got sucked right into the Icewind Dale trilogy and pissed right through it, i thought it was awesome. the 2 or so Drizzt books i read were sweet too, the names of all the dark elfs used to get me so friggin confused on who was who though. i think i actually have 2 i never got to reading, maybe i'll pick those up next. that is if i'm able to jump right back into that is knowing who all the smaller characters are still, its been a while, ha.

Aahhh yeah, I was confusing the Icewind Dale series with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory,_Sorrow,_and_Thorn, by Tad Williams. Salvatore is still continuing the Drizzt series, a new book came out recently.

I know Into the Wild is generally viewed positively and all, but that blurb on the cover = LOL

i generally hate Anchor Books' covers... shit's cheap.

this book is fucking good though. Krakaur's style of writing is pretty bland, but he does do a good job reporting... making sure to be thorough with the details, while including relevant tangents. i just wish i hadn't seen the movie.

mybloodylife.jpg

Great read about kid who grew up gang-bangin on the north side of Chicago,

his drug abuse, murders, and all kinds of other crazy shit. True story.

Picked this up after looking at this thread and read it last weekend. Meh, it was an OK read but very repetitive. I enjoyed learning about the neighborhood and dude was a good story teller but I'm not sure I'd recommend this to anyone.

I'm reading that BMF Big Meech book now.

• Like 1