What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Welcome to the world of women that take themselves too seriously and can't spot a joke when they see one.

Neg yourself, faggot.

hm, you sur took that neg mad serious tho bra.

pull out your butt plug, cuz if that was a joke, it was super lame and in no way indicative of humor.

• 1 month later...

Found an awesome used book Store in my neighborhood on yelp

Went by after work today and it's closed til aug 19? Lol

Atleast the owner is livin life

• 2 weeks later...

^ omg my friend juuuussst let me borrow his copy of Dune the other day. I'm excited to read it because I think someone on this thread recommended it. I think Fist? idk :O Heard great things about it, but it seems pretty dense so I'll have to pay attention.

tumblr_lmwaxbzaqs1qaouh8o1_400.jpg

Just finished this book. I found it interesting. The only other book I've read by J.D. Salinger is "The Catcher in the Rye" and I liked it a lot when I was a teenager because I was hella angstyoner. I still like it today for nostalgic reasons and I think it's a lot more adventurous than I perceived it to be when I first read it. ANYWAY, I DIGRESS, "Franny and Zooey" is about two siblings that come from a prestigious family where all the children are essentially geniuses. Most of it is made up of a handful of dialogue parts with minimal narration. Usual ranting and raving like J.D. Salinger's works, but a bit less whiny and angsty than Holden Caulfield.

%2527Bulgakov%2527%2B%252B%2B%2527A%2BCountry%2BDoctor%2527s%2BNotebook%2527.jpg

I'm also currently picking away at this book. It's written in rural Russia between 1916-1917. Pretty interesting perspective on the times and culture, as well a good amount of humor thrown in. Most of the peasants he aids have no concept of modern medicine so it's funny to see the interaction between a well educated young city boy and people that have little contact with the world outside of their small eastern european village. The chapters are neatly packaged into their own events so I think one could even skip around and read them in a different order if they really wanted.

I had to start over The Shining because I haven't read it in a while haha

300_245461.jpg

started this books the other day.. downloaded it after a buddy mentioned it.

got to this part:

"Practice the art of nonfinishing" the author says, "Starting something doesn't automatically justify finishing it. If you are reading an article that stinks, put it down and don't pick it back up."

took his advice....fuck this book I'm going into space.

i love that my boss doesn't care about hours.

you get your work done, you leave.

that means most of the time i work about 7 hours.

sometimes 6. sometimes 9.

i'm great at time management though, and get a lot done.

good points though, for sure.

this 'workweek' is good in some ways (for families) terrible in many others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...