What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Just finished blink, The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell.

Good read.

Recently finished The Assassination of Fred Hampton: How the FBI and the Chicago Police Murdered a Black Panther by Jeffry Hass.

Should be required reading for U.S. History in high school.

just finished THE WAYWARD BUS by steinbeck.

was awesome.

i have been having extreme insomnia since being back from deployment and my attention span is terrible. i have a lot of difficulty focusing on things for more than 15 or 20 minutes. this book took almost two months to complete. its very frustrating to feel incapable of finishing a chapter or a book.

:lol:

that drunken history was funny.

was that george mcfly?!!?

that history was actually pretty accurate...edison did electrocute animals....the last book i read (water for elephants) talked about that in the epilogue...edison electrocuted an elephant named topsy...i think the video is on youtube.

^have you tried meditation? start with a little time then build up, it'll be tough at first but it might help.

i have a little.

i'm kinda dealing with a lot of stuff right now, so it makes sense for me to put more focus on it. my anger management classes recommend and have given me a couple things for it.

we'll see...

to reiterate, insomnia is the fucking worst.

fight club,

"you're never quite fully awake and you're never quite fully asleep"

like trapped in a limbo.

"everything is a copy of a copy of a copy"

good luck man have faith it will clear up and it will. panicing/concentrating will only make it worse. positive thought really works when youre in a bind like that

• 2 weeks later...