What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hell yeah, the reason why i picked up a walk in the woods is because I finished this one, and it became one of my favorite books, and thought I should read more shit done by this author. The information is quite amazing, and covers a vast scope of knowledge, I highly recommend it!

Speaking of Bill Bryson, I think everyone should read this book. Breaks down so much shit, history, science, dinosaurs, dna all of that and more. Easy and entertaining to read and super informative.

a-short-history-of-nearly-everything.jpg

33nu6vt.jpg

pretty confusing, just started

From what i hear, this was supposed to be printed with different color fonts so the reader could keep better track of all the flashbacks in the book, but at the time it wasn't possible, and then they just never did it.

I just picked up the confederacy of dunces too but haven't started it yet.

A walk in the woods is a rad book, real easy read.

JoyceUlysses2.jpg

FFFUUUUU

This book's been a mindfuck so far. It really helps if you've read the portrait first

there's a "key" somewhere online that lays out, section by section, the central symbols and "path" of each. hell of a book if you stick with it, though, and one of THE BEST ending lines ever. Just wait til you get to Finnegan's Wake. There's also a bunch of comic book versions around... you know, for the kids.

In other news, I'm "reading" this today:

larousses-french-english-english-french-dictionary.jpg

yeah.

here's a couple sites that were handy when I taught that beast:

Skeleton Key

Corresponding Map of Dublin

Schemata

That last one really helps keep shit straight (and in line with The Odyssey--so if you can remember that, you're golden.)

Shit's life-changing after about 3 reads. Muddle through and keep in mind the stream-of-thought factor (i.e. 40-page sentences) and it'll be worth it.

• Like 1

400000000000000163153_s4.jpg

I did crystal meth on accident one night and sat down with a pen and paper in my garage, completely confident that I could not only design, but build with mathematic precision, a spaceship. I went to Barnes and Noble and grabbed this book that night... THREE days and about 24 xanax bars later, I finally came down to earth and realized that I had an entire notebook filled with complex spaceship designs that made no sense at all. But the book is good.

PGW/ASTRONAUTFARMER