What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

Reading On The Road. Just finished Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. If you haven't done acid, I don't know if you'll understand it. Strange but good. I agree with the statement about Palahniuk. I read like 4 of his books in a short amount of time and lost interest. My favorite was Survivor. His new ones seem almost forced with the obscurity of the plots.

Props for Reading Dune.

Currently reading The old Man in the Sea by Earnest Hemmingway, Archeology of Knowledge by Michel Foucault, Bookmark Now, edited by Kevin Smekler, and Mythologies: The Raw and the Cooked by Claude Levi-Strauss.

i remember liking "the difference engine" by william gibson and bruce sterling. i'm generally a fan of william gibson. also rudy rucker for cyberpunk type stuff.

also "steamboy" is kind of a cool movie for that steam powered technology stuff.

I picked up The Difference Engine recently and I like it so far. It was hard to get used to the language they used and I still have no fucking clue what some of the words are but I like it.

And I saw steam boy on HBO or something in the middle of the night a couple of years ago and it is awesome.

bullington_sad-tale-bros-grossbart-tp.jpg

The Sad Tale of the Brothers Grossbart by Jesse Bullington

I've only read the first two chapters, so far it is fantastic though.

Set in the late 1300's. In the first 2 chapters 1 child has had his throat slit, one woman has had her head caved in by an axe, 5 men have died in various (completely vicious) ways, 3 dogs have been beat to death and 2 horses have been killed.

It's this guy's debut novel. Nothing but rave reviews. I actually saw it in the store and grabbed it without reading any reviews on it or anything, which I rarely do. I am very happy with my choice.

• 3 weeks later...

invitation to a beheading--nabakov.

about 1/3 finished. its heavy. not wordy, just weighted words. kind of like borges but kind of not.

a couple days ago i read 'breakfast at tiffany's' by capote. holy crap. how did i put off reading capote for so long? fucking awesome.