What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Well, I finally broke my fast on Monday. I guess I didn't reach my goal of non-reading but I read 5 Erle Stanley Gardner novels Monday and Tuesday. I love those shits, written in the late 30's so women show 'seductive amounts of ankle' and 'improper displays of thigh'.

Didn't read anything today... well, I did read Harrison Bergeron and a chapter of Mark Twain, but I don't count that stuff.

I think I'm gonna go to the library tommorrw and try to find more ESG and I'm pretty sure they have a complete collection of Ray Bradbury short stories so I'll get that too if I can find it.

I was horridly sick for almost a month thanks to getting swine flu, strep, and some random bronchitis at the same time as a broken rib... so tons of reading.

Lost Boys,

Ender's Game and all the sequels

by Orson Scott Card

Several of the discworld novels by Terry Pratchett, until the point where he starts really heavily reusing jokes.

Various novels and short stories by Robert Heinlein

The Deus Machine

The trilogy of the first icewind dale novels, found at a used book store, which I would describe as a bad ripoff of Lord of the Rings without the good writing, plot, characters, or point.

Gabe1 your book selection is on point!!

No Country for Old Men Novel 2005

Cormac McCarthy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Country_for_Old_Men

I watched the movie before I realized there was a book. I am a new fan of the movie (watched it last night), but from the synopsis of the novel, this sounds like I missed out on a really good thing. Trying to locate it online so I can read it on phone. I am very excited.

im going to go ahead and say cormac mccarthy is my favorite writer.

catty, isnt maus I and II in comic book form?...you have to read that at school?...thats dope!

I read the prince for humanities class...its a good read.

i didnt really care for frankenstein either.

yea man maus is a graphic novel, when i saw that shit on the syllabus i was very down with it.

and FUCK frankenstein, all those romanticist era books are too slow and wordy.

i could condense that book, and still keep a lot of the descriptions down to less than 150 pages, instead bitch ass shelley had to make it 270+. what a cunt.

I am currently reading Shadow Puppets by Orson Scott Card (another part of the enders game series)

I wanna read clockwork orange cause I saw the movie the other day and I think the book will be better.

On a completely unrelated note does anyone know of any really good steakpunk books. I have no clue why I want to read one but I guess I saw something and I have this overwhelming need to read a steampunk novel or watch a steampunk movie. I don't even know how I knew about it or know about it now. My memory has been slowly dying on me for the last month. Bad.

It's actually a really difficult book in a funny wrapper.There's a whole bunch to absorb. Sirens of Titan is a good one too.

hope its okay for me to jump in here but i just got back into reading while on maternity leave but i don't have any friends who read and my husband is really tired of my talking about what i'm reading......

just finished "dead eye dick" and "jailbird". DED was really good, jailbird kinda drug out for me. but he's stuck as my favorite writer so i will read anything the man writes. i remember timequake being really good too