What book are you reading? Part 20

Just read:

Dracula

draculaart.jpg

Just cause I've never actually read it, and wanted something scary to read. Not too scary though.

Now, I'm thinking about Frankenstein or A Christmas Carol. Probably go with Frankenstein.

if you want something scary try amityville horror. i don't know if it was because i was like 12 when i read it but that book still scares the shit out of me and i have a hard time thinking about the scene (from original movie) where the imaginary pig friend is peering through the window. something about ghost stories that are supposedly based on true stories that gets me freaked out every time.

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

trouble with Cormac McCarthy is he uses too many words in some bits of the Road.

It's like he's sitting there with a thesaurus using the next synonym each time he needs to say a similar thing if you get what I mean.

Still was a good book but it took me three hours to read so it's not heavy going.

I'm reading this at the moment

9780702236563.jpg

pretty good but I'm not too far into it

forgot i read this back in march or april. i liked it but it felt very familiar, even with it's different format, to the 3 other palahniuk books i'd previously read. i decided to take a break from him after this. i liked the oral history format. a lot of characters for me to remember but did a good job of noting who the people talking were in each new chapter.

rant1009.jpg.751aed39d1cef88d9f2a285595161912.jpg

I saw this movie when I was in grade 9 in science class. I totally forgot about it til a couple weeks ago when I was looking for some info on Carl Sagan and I found out that he originally wrote the novel in 1985. I had to pick it up and read it right away. I'm about a third of the way through right now and I'm just starting to get into the real good content. If youre not familiar with the story, its about a group of scientists who discover a radio signal sent by intelligent life coming from something next to a nearby star. I'm not that far into the book, but from what I remember in the movie they recieve a set of intructions on how to build this crazy machine and this main character ends up travelling briefly to another dimension or something. I'd have to consider Carl Sagan an idol of mine, not only a brilliant guy but also a stoner.

2hzk751.jpg

the last book i read all the way through was in like 8th grade and it was the afterlife by gary soto.some nigga gets murked in a bathroom for complimenting yhis other guys shoes and becomes a ghost.its a pretty good book.ive half read a hundred books since then but for the most part this is all i read now...

2hdpi0l.jpg

i got another box full in storage somewhere.and yes.i actually read the articles.