The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See but you close yourself off to a lot of things when you say only beer ingredients. A beer can gain a "fruity" flavor without it even having fruit added. The fruity flavor is a by product given off by yeast during fermentation. IPAs get their citrus from the hops. Maltier beers have darker fruits and chocolates to them. Belgian Whites and/or Wheats are brewed with orange peel and coriander and Hefe-Weiss have strong fruit attributes.

So standing by your statement you wouldnt touch...

Val Dieus Triple, Blonde, Brown

Unibroue's La Fin Du Monde, Maudite, Trois Pistol

Julius Echter

Dogfish 60 min, 90 min, 120 min

Bells Oberon, Two Hearted, Expedition Stout, Hopslam

St Bernardus Apt 12, Triple, Double etc

Lagunitas Copper, Brownshugga, and all their IPAs

....need I go on?

If you dont realize what youre saying then you obviously dont know what your drinking...

Your Statement deems you a strict Lager and Pilsner drinking or just a Bud guy. Even then it doesnt make sense

:edit: Im not trying to sound like a dick, Im just trying to shed light.

• Like 1

word... I dig ipa's, and heavy, dark beers, but not the fruity ones. Blue moon even has too much fruity flavor for me.

It's like, i don't eat salmon and try to dress it up to taste like veal, y'know. If i want veal, i'll just eat veal (not really cuz i can't afford it, just for comparison's sake).

dogfish's 120 min ipa is too much for me. I couldn't even finish the one i tried. SOOOO much hops in that shit.

went to tahoe brewery and tried their PARAMOUNT PORTER. i really enjoyed it.

100_9473.jpg

The Paramount Porter® is a life changing experience. Using a wide variety of specialty malts, this beer fills your palate with a pleasant chocolate essence and a robust malt flavor. We brew this beer to be amazingly light bodied so you can enjoy one after another, after another, after another…

went to tahoe brewery and tried their PARAMOUNT PORTER. i really enjoyed it.

100_9473.jpg

The Paramount Porter® is a life changing experience. Using a wide variety of specialty malts, this beer fills your palate with a pleasant chocolate essence and a robust malt flavor. We brew this beer to be amazingly light bodied so you can enjoy one after another, after another, after another…

hmmm, i had about 4 of those "Paramount Porters" a week or so ago.

-it is definitely not as "Heavy" as it looks.

* needless to say... it put me in my place & i will do it again.

Personally I think Dead Guy is completely over-rated. If it were me I'd go for the Shakespeare Stout, Chocolate stout, or double mocha porter if you're going dark. On the lighter end their brutal bitter or imperial IPA of you can get'em.

*you're in the N.W......

(you tell us)

Well i just kinda got into drinking that beer,But i had the Dead guy ale,It was good

but just a little expensive for a beer at $6.50 a bottle.

if i had the money now id just go buy one of each. Thats why i was wondering whats their top

beers, So i can just buy those n save some dollars.

Well i just kinda got into drinking that beer,But i had the Dead guy ale,It was good

but just a little expensive for a beer at $6.50 a bottle.

if i had the money now id just go buy one of each. Thats why i was wondering whats their top

beers, So i can just buy those n save some dollars.

i say cut out the middle man & take yer ass straight to the taps!

(try one of each)

http://www.rogue.com/locations/locations.php