gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
@ boats: I honestly don't see the need for all those ambi charging handles and "tac latches". As for BCG's as long as it meets mil spec and it head spaces right it should be more than sufficient. All the nickel boron and titanium nitride coatings are overkill unless you ride stealth helos in to compounds in Pakistan.

That's what I was thinking about the BCGs

I'll probably just grab a charging handle at the gun show or something

Way worse than it looks in the pics. Looked like he had tries to get put but he only had 2wd

Why risk it with all us in trucks with tow straps

20ft drop or so on the other side

The way his front wheel was dragging across the edge I bet his alignment was majorly fucked

@ boats: I honestly don't see the need for all those ambi charging handles and "tac latches". As for BCG's as long as it meets mil spec and it head spaces right it should be more than sufficient. All the nickel boron and titanium nitride coatings are overkill unless you ride stealth helos in to compounds in Pakistan.

That's what I was thinking about the BCGs

I'll probably just grab a charging handle at the gun show or something

just popping in to say i got around to shooting some fucking guns down alabama and i think i'm hooked.

do any of you nurgas know where to buy a cheap used rifle. and there aint no gun stores in my state really. that i know of. or the surrounding ones for that matter. i reckon you cant buy them shits online right? lol. total n00b over here. reckon i want a 22. or some shit. but an older wooden ruger or some shit. ebay? ahh fuck. hit me. ps. can you kill wild game with a 22. even? like deer and shit like that?

I got a used ruger 1022 rifle for like $150

Shoots .22lr ammo

Would recommend

Try gunbroker.com its like eBay for firearms and accessories. I think they have an option for finding a gun store near you that you can ship to

Dawg

Too bad I wasn't the one to introduce you.

My old. man has a membership at a range herre we coulve rented what ever you wanted to try for free

Be warned - guns are like crack. You can't own enough haha

• 2 weeks later...

no idea. i would guess if you get the right media and have the file you could.

im not sure how the resins used in the lowers and mags would hold up.

if you can buy a stronger media thats flexible im sure its possible.

PM me for the file batch - 30 or so 3d files with various models you can print - good to have for the future.

Fist: You can print in metal, however making a spring would be much easier with wire, or scavenged from some other tool/equipment, or old mags even.

Printing in metal is done with two powered media's that more or less fuse together, you can print in stainless steel for instance, and in brass.

3d printers are relatively inexpensive, I have been shopping around for one and recently saw one in action. I do expect in the next two years for them to become a house hold item. I also expect there to be printing in any media you can think of at a more affordable price to the average consumer.

For printing mags what you would really want is a polypropylene printing media, not the ABS plastic that they offer inexpensively now as an option.

US people--what is the best combination of ccw's by state to own to cover maximum states?

I'm going to apply for my Utah soon but wondering if you guys have experience with the light blue states and what it means to local smokies to "recognize utah ccw"

firearm_map11012011.JPG

I'm doing my florida. (in Texas)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did you order it from the factory?? Why would it take so long??

The pistol or the suppressor? The suppressor takes so long because of the ATF form. 6-8 months is the average right now for a Form 4. I already bought it, but can't legally posess it until the tax stamp comes back.

The HK is from a group buy on HKPro back in october. They did a special run of the HK45c with a FDE (the color of the original prototypes) frame only for that group buy of 296 pistols. It took this long to work them into the regular production schedule. Some people that live in states with magazine capacity restriction laws pending already got theirs.

Yeah, it's the longest I've ever waited for a handgun.. But locally a black one with 2 mags and no night sights runs about $1200, and the group buy FDE ones come with 3 mags (don't know if you've ever had to buy an HK mag, but they're genrally $50-$75!) and night sights for $925.

i am starting to get antsy, haha.