gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Finally got the rifle to the range to zero in my iron sights.

Shots 7,8,9 went like this @25 yds... Nearest range to me is a small one

IMG_20130816_125815_zps6a024463.jpg

One more trip to really dial them in and then zeroing that scope is next.

Leaving the mags loaded for a few weeks resolved that fitment issue I was having.

Rifle is very front heavy. I think I'mgonna grab ergogrips f93 stock for som added weight

Anyone interested in the MOE stovk I have now? Still prestine.

those Springfield's are so fucking heavy. My good bud has one and it's a beast.

it's partially why I am very happy with my XCR platform. Half an AK and have AR, works well and I have never had a jam.

the M14's also look like transformers, not my preference at all.

Couple of flicks from Russia's "Innovation Day" exhibits

pos6pWg.jpg

Top w/ drum is the AK-12, an improved/ modernized AK, bottom SVD bullpup VS-121

st5FFUq.jpg

Top: AS-1, bottom: AS-2

Google translate of this: http://www.military-informant.com/index.php/army/3455-1.html, very little concrete info in it. Here are the highlights

"For the very first time, the new special purpose assault rifle AS-1, was publicly shown. The Kalashnikov Corp demonstrated these weapons, which were initially developed at the request of the FSB for special operations, to the professional community at the “Innovation Day” expo – AS-1 in 5.45x39 mm and AS-2 in 7.62x39 mm.

Later on, the AS assault rifle may be included as an armament competent of the indigenously developed Ratnik “future soldier” system.

The main characteristic of the new assault rifle is the so-called “bull-pup” configuration. According to an announcement by a representative of Kalashnikov Corp, in addition to the more traditional rifle configurations, the company will develop and mass-produce such “bull-pup” designs, where the hammer part of the fire control group and magazine are located behind the trigger."

The article goes on to describe the history and benefits of the bull-pup weapons, focusing on the Steyr AUG.

It ends with: "Unfortunately, at the moment, we lack any details on the design and specific functionality of the AS-1 and AS-2 assault rifles, but hope that more information will be disclosed and available soon."

bullpups seem like they would be hard for a soldier to reload with any kind of gear on their chest or a flak jacket

looks like theyd have to raise the muzzle in the air, taking it off their target

i really want to shoot one. that green one looks fun

i wonder if that is the mag release above the trigger?

• 2 weeks later...

ive heard those new frontiers need some final finishing w sand paper or whatever to get the LPK in

i would like to build an light ass carbine in th future and will prob go polymer lower if i find one i like.

(Reuters) - New sales of semi-automatic rifles with removable magazines would be banned in California under a bill passed by the Democratic-led state legislature on Tuesday,

and those who already own such weapons would have to register them.

The measure, which passed the state Assembly 44-31 and now goes to Governor Jerry Brown for his signature,

is one of a package of gun control bills passed earlier this year by the state senate in the wake of the massacre last year at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.

(Reporting by Sharon Bernstein; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/10/us-usa-california-gun-control-idUSBRE9891ID20130910

wellllll...... FUCK.

i gotta get outta this goddamn state

(Reuters) - New sales of semi-automatic rifles with removable magazines would be banned in California under a bill passed by the Democratic-led state legislature on Tuesday,

and those who already own such weapons would have to register them.

The measure, which passed the state Assembly 44-31 and now goes to Governor Jerry Brown for his signature,

is one of a package of gun control bills passed earlier this year by the state senate in the wake of the massacre last year at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.

(Reporting by Sharon Bernstein; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/10/us-usa-california-gun-control-idUSBRE9891ID20130910

i heard that this bill got killed.