12oz NEEDS YOUR HELP (PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP INFO)

GLIK$

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: -12oz NEEDS YOUR HELP-

-ATTENTION MEMBERS OF THE OUNCE-

sam4.jpg

As many of you probably notice, the forum has been down for a little bit.

We've been having bandwidth problems and it looks like its gonna cost Raven even more money out of his pocket per month to 'remedy' the situation.

This fucking blows, double pause - single no homo, the site already costs Raven an exorbitant amount of money to run. He pays it all out of his own pocket and as most people know doesn't really ask for 'hand outs'.

So what we're really trying to say is in the time of need, please head over to http://www.fourthehardway.com pick out some shit and help out. If you dont see anything that tickles your fancy, send any donations to service@fourthehardway.com ANY DONATIONS OVER $5 WILL RECEIVE A 10% OFF COUPON FOR FTHW. When premium accounts are launched sign up for a month or two, or forever. We're trying hard (and by we I mean Raven) to keep this decade plus passion going and providing you a haven for; pee in the butts, lolcats, booty threads, amps, more amps, and album trading.

Raven works his ass off with whats seemingly 20 hour days to support and maintain this site. The least everyone can do is send whatever they can afford/buy some rap writing supplies. He's single handedly supporting the four elements of rap-hop. Seriously. KRS-ONE says it in his new single.

PAYPAL DONATIONS:

https://www.paypal.com/

service@fourthehardway.com

Other means of support:

http://www.fourthehardway.com

For Page 2

its amazing to think that this forum has gone for SEVEN FUCKING YEARS! without requiring any kind of paid membership, or even providing the option. I cant fathom how much money Mr. Raven has sunk into running this thing. this is the least any of us can do.

as much traffic as the oz. has, it should be self sufficient. Doesn't google oner and Montana contribute anything? Not being a dick or trying to call you out, just asking productive questions that maybe can produce more flow. I like the art idea, though. Even hi-quality digital shots of art can be printed on high quality canvas , sold and shipped in a tube. I got connects on that, let me know. If we build an arsenal of prints for people to click on and buy, then send the file to the printer, and ship (they'll send it wherever)...again, let me know.

Guest shai_hulud

I'm struggling too (as in, I own one pair of pants and sleep on someone else's couch), but I'll see what I can do.

I do appreciate everything you've done here, Raven. And, I want you to know that I have tried to show my appreciation by exhibiting my best behavior on your board.

Casek mentioned eBay. I might be able to contribute some art or something like that to the cause.

thanks to everybody for all the support. indeed this site is very expensive to run. the bandwidth charges have just doubled to prevent all the sluggishness we were feeling last week, and seems to be growing exponentially. considering we really dont host much media (photos, videos, etc), it's really pretty amazing how much data transfer we see each month. some of you older members might also remember how many times we've had to switch to new hosting, or buy new servers and all that mess. then there's countless hundreds of hours that go into developing and patching code, doing system administration, and all that.

anyhow, i really hate to ask for hand-outs and hope that we can find a way to make this work from sales at http://www.fourthehardway.com (i know... we really need to restock. working on that as best i can now). also, we launched an advertising initiative with the last version of the site. though that hasn't made much of a dent in our costs yet, it's still growing and i have high hopes for it. we actually have a big campaign going up this week that i hope is the beginning of whats to come. anyhow clicking links on the ads, checking out our sponsors site and buying stuff you like, does help us out so please support the advertisers that support 12oz. if you have a company that could benefit from ads, or work for one, hit us up for rates. lastly, we will have premium accounts going up this week. to be honest, it's premature and i'm still working on a lot of the stuff thats supposed to make it 'premium', but upgrading is a great way to support the site. there will be several ways to upgrade, but i can assure you it wont cost more then a couple dollars a month at worst.

of course paypal donations are greatly appreciated. and as glicks says, i'd be happy to kick a 10% discount code to anyone that donates over $5 via paypal (just PM me the amount you sent and your paypal user name). if worst comes to worst, go to http://www.alexa.com and install the plugin so you can help us improve our rank.

thanks again,

misteraven

actually another way people can help is by helping spread the word... especially kids still in school (high school or college, etc). letting people know about 12oz, and hopefully, getting them to check it out and join is a huge way to help support. though it doesn't do much to help me pay for the place, and actually makes it a bigger challenge, it does make the place more fun and diverse which is what this all about.

though i usually don't talk about projects that aren't out yet, we've been working on a 12oz book for a bit now. obviously it'll be the best of 12ozProphet magazine, with the quality of AKA, and should be pretty epic. anyhow, the site will obviously get a lot shine in there as well as it's become a huge part of the 12oz history. more on that later, but expect it in the first half of 2008. (premium members will get something extra special when these release)

What's the deal on the Premium, willing to shoot some money thataway. Just wondering if you guys will lock out anonymous access, at least for viewing pics. I post more flicks than words in the threads I participate in, and it would be nice if Det. John Doe, without an account, could not be lurking in our threads, especially if people are willing to pay for access. Not trying to bring yall down in your time of need, but a small request for someone willing to pay for their access here. Keep up the good/hard work, maintain a few sites myself, I know how it can be... fortunately, as far as bandwidth goes we're not at the point of having to pony up a lot of dough because we are not going over our quota. Peace.

What's the deal on the Premium, willing to shoot some money thataway. Just wondering if you guys will lock out anonymous access, at least for viewing pics. I post more flicks than words in the threads I participate in, and it would be nice if Det. John Doe, without an account, could not be lurking in our threads, especially if people are willing to pay for access. Not trying to bring yall down in your time of need, but a small request for someone willing to pay for their access here. Keep up the good/hard work, maintain a few sites myself, I know how it can be... fortunately, as far as bandwidth goes we're not at the point of having to pony up a lot of dough because we are not going over our quota. Peace.

people as of now cant even view the VIP threads unless theyre premium, your flicks will be safe.