the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Anyone do that shit when you are working to failure on chest, whether it be bench, flyers, whatever on a medium weight and try and get those last 2-3 out. When you're hitting failure you start pushing your shoulder forward, dropping your form and then you're shoulder is fucked for the next week?

I do and I wish I fucking wouldn't.

• 3 weeks later...

i usually just stop when i see my form is fucking up.

Anyone ever do an obstacle race? I'm doing one on saturday. It's called the warrior dash, seems like a lot of fun and it's pretty intense too i think! I'm excited about it!

Did some hill training today in the really humid weather, really beats you up!

Pics from warrior dash

1002860_10151722132613966_356096436_n.jpg

31455_10151722132633966_1460772264_n.jpg

Anyone do that shit when you are working to failure on chest, whether it be bench, flyers, whatever on a medium weight and try and get those last 2-3 out. When you're hitting failure you start pushing your shoulder forward, dropping your form and then you're shoulder is fucked for the next week?

I do and I wish I fucking wouldn't.

Do you have shoulder injuries from the past?

If not, you are def benching improperly and need to correct it.

Your shoulder joints should not be taking the brunt of the load while benching.

Both, actually.

Yeah, I have a bad habit of extending my left shoulder forward as I'm working to failure and it screws my anterior rotator (think that's the correct term). I also do a lot of MTB where I stomp a single speed up some hilly gnarred out trails and lean too heavily on my bars. That means as I sway the bike side to side with each pedal stroke I have a fair bit of weight on my shoulders, the active shoulder dips down as my arm extends out laterally in a weak and vulnerable position. That means my shoulder extends as the weight is on it and if I hit a rock or tree root as my weight is forward and on my shoulders that are extended...., ouch.

I've also hit a tree and had on shoulder reconstructed, played rugby for half my life and spent years in the infantry. So yeah, most of my body is cactus and just looking for excuses to fall apart. I'm in the early 40s now and I think my last shot at lifting big has been and gone. This time around I'm focusing on mid weight, mid-high reps and form. Just the form/discipline bit is the hard one.

/endlifestory

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

dat formmmmmmmmmmmm!

dead thread is dead....

People still staying in shape?

I'm about to head tot he gym to hit legs!

Any of you guys take any supplements? I just take some whey. I know a lot of people take pre workouts, whey, and some recovery crap too....is it just a waste of money or what if i'm not trying to be a bodybuilder....I just want to be healthy and look decent

• 1 month later...

Still lifting, fell off for a while. Whatevaaaaz, It's just fun for me, but it would be nice to get to a 225lb squat sometime.

I pretty much just take a whey protein supplement and that's it. I've never taken a pre workout or creatine or any other type of supplement in my life. It's difficult for me to consume all of my necessary calories for the day, and protein needs, so that's why I take it. In reality, you don't really need any supplement as long as your diet is in check.

Consistency is keeeeyyyyyyyyyyy.

ONLY THINGS YOU WILL EVER NEED AS FAR AS MAKING GAINS:

-PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD

-SUFFICIENT CALORIES TO BUILD/CUT BROKEN INTO PROPER MACRONUTRIENT AMOUNTS

-SLEEP

-A GOAL AND A CLEAR PATH TO HOW YOU HOPE TO ACHIEVE IT

-CONSISTENCY IN THE ABOVE THINGS

If you don't have a plan, you are planning to fail.

If you don't keep track of your progress, you will spin your wheels.

If you think you can get shredded without counting calories, lmfao.

GODSPEED U NIGGER FAGGOTS.

• Like 1