the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Back in the pool as of last week, the coach took another job so now I have a new coach. Seems like he is pretty interested in focusing on technique so far rather than hard sets.

Still hiking and finding it quite rewarding, not the cheapest in terms of gas and time but sure makes for a killer workout. Trying to work my way up to trail running sooner or later.

• 4 weeks later...

I was about to post in this thread. There hasn't been a post in almost a month! I hope people didn't stop working out and are just too lazy to sign in and post like me.

Also, that's weird, i'm doing IF too and it does work!

Anyone have any tips for triceps, more specifically the "inner" triceps i guess, basically the part closest to your armpit, i have some stubborn fat there that i can't get rid of, my triceps are strong and pretty well developed, but just that one spot is pissing me off. I know you can't isolate when you train but I want an exercise that will target that part of the triceps more? I do skull crusher or w.e they are called, is that the best one?

here's a random guys arm to show what i'm talking about.

943367_10151630987923966_568432975_n.jpg?oh=fdda3afee09631de8d65a8bffb22624b&oe=51B06A32&__gda__=1370573824_29b6ce55639abc67cd82ff470402beab

So I've really been hitting the gym a lot lately and unofficially working out. Let me know what you think of my progress:

kappa-1-1.jpg

Still swimming, started working again so that has put a damper on my hiking and made is a bit of a struggle to swim as much as I would like.

Took a quick look at my exercise journal just now and see that I have been working out on the regular since the end of October, kind of interesting the way the body changes up over time.

Fasting sound like a bummer to me, swim some pull sets and your arms will tone up.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any suggestions for what to do when taking a long vacation?

I'm going away at the end of july and coming back in september so I won't have access to a gym. Any recommendations on how to hopefully not lose too much of the muscle i worked hard for?

dips, chins, pushups, squats, handstand press up against a wall, isometrics, milpress mixed with squats using the spare wheel of your car, etc. Take the opportunity to go mid weight high rep, mix your routine up. innovate. Put the car in neutral and push it along a flat road, you'd be amazed at how fucking hard that is and the bulk you can get from doing it. Sprints, bounding, drag the spare wheel of the car behind you as you run, etc.

Not really, it's very common sprint training technique. 25 years ago when I played Rugby we used to do it. These days the rigs are a lot better than a rope tied around your waste and on to the wheel, they have full chest harnesses and a weighted 'sled' behind you or even chest harnesses with small parachute/wind-drags. Soccer, NFL guys and other field athletes all use that technique.

You may look somewhat ghetto though, I'll grant you that!

• Like 1