the un official workout thread

podrido

Do what the book says.

I believe you are supposed to go until you stall twice then switch to 3x3 and keep going.

After the same thing happens on that you should probably switch to Madcow or Texas Method.

531 is slow and more advanced.

Unless you tweak it to make it for a lower intermediate after you are done beginner strength stuff you will progress slower than necessary.

I mean, it will work, but it's not optimal at that point.

Thank you very much! I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction, even if it is on a "FUCKING GRAFFITI FORUM" hahahahahaha

I got really sick with food poisoning a week ago from idk what. But yeah, back on it. Working out tonight. Eating dem oatz.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Thank you very much! I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction, even if it is on a "FUCKING GRAFFITI FORUM" hahahahahaha

I got really sick with food poisoning a week ago from idk what. But yeah, back on it. Working out tonight. Eating dem oatz.

Sounds like you've just passed your n00b gains phase which is normal. My advice is to just lower the weights on the lifts you're failing and keep at it.

I'm not planning on switching my routine or cutting until i hit around 2 plates on my squat. It's around this time when you actually start to hate lifting, especially squatting (fuck they're hectic and I'm only at 180 right now). Just gotta push yourself and tell yourself to stop being a little bitch :D. Watching videos online of scrawny girls squatting heavier than yourself is good enough motivation for me. Don't get discouraged by your lack of gains, I've been hovering around the weights I'm at now for like a month and it's annoying. Just gotta trek through it.

Sounds like you've just passed your n00b gains phase which is normal. My advice is to just lower the weights on the lifts you're failing and keep at it.

I'm not planning on switching my routine or cutting until i hit around 2 plates on my squat. It's around this time when you actually start to hate lifting, especially squatting (fuck they're hectic and I'm only at 180 right now). Just gotta push yourself and tell yourself to stop being a little bitch :D. Watching videos online of scrawny girls squatting heavier than yourself is good enough motivation for me. Don't get discouraged by your lack of gains, I've been hovering around the weights I'm at now for like a month and it's annoying. Just gotta trek through it.

HE IS NOT PASSED HIS NEWB GAINS.

Just because it is getting difficult does not mean his newb gains are over.

He needs to eat more and recover properly and push his balls to the max each session until THERE IS NO PROGRESS WHATSOEVER IN ANY OF THE LIFTS FOR A SPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME LAID OUT BY THE PROGRAM HE IS ON.

As for you...why in gods name would you start to cut while still gaining strength?

You're just gonna end up spinning your wheels.

Gain strength until you stall.

I posted a program progression chart a few oages back.

Use it.

That's something I could really use, some sort of group or goal to workout to. I've been just aimlessly going to the gym now for awhile, I don't mind it, makes me feel good about myself, but I bet I'd see a lot more growth if i was training with a team or sport attached to it

LMFAO.

If you can't self motivate or even follow a program...my gawd.

Just join the army if you need somebody barking orders at you to run daily.

Pardon me, but that was not directed at you or anyone that gets coached.

I believe in the value of coaching and teamwork.

But if you can't motivate yourself to do something, what fucking team wants you as part of it?

Sounds like dead weight to me.

Sorry if my attitude is poor, but this thread just goes in circles of retardation and ppl seeking 6 week programs that lead to olympian results.

• Like 1

have done 30 mins of cardio the last 2 days.....going to make it a daily thing

got back from the doctors a week ago with really high blood pressure.

no more excuses.

getting my heart rate up to 171 or so maintaining it.....gonna lose some weight and have cleaned up diet.

may stop in here for some moral support from time to time.

peace

It's gasface r0id raging

My rage is focused though.

Mostly at you for coming into this thread for like 2 years now and seeking validation and enablers for your poor work ethic, laziness and unwillingness to do any research for yourself.

"GUISE HOW KEN I GET RIPPED TO SHREDS WITHOUT MOVING FROM MY COUCH ON A DIET OF CHEETOHS AND BEER? PLZ HALP." - vanfullofretards

Lurked this thread for a while now.

Gasface has valid points.

Retards: The easiest way to make progress is to keep track of everything you're doing and set

targets to beat every time you goto the gym. If you have no idea what you've been doing, you'll

have no idea how you're going to get where you want to be.

There is so much free info on the internet. Go find it and educate yourself, find new workouts, and

master your mechanics.

You need to push yourself more than you are. A lot more.

Step 1: Set a goal.

• Like 1

Workouts in Extreme Weight-Loss TV Fuel Negative Attitudes About Exercise, Study Finds

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/10/121025122429.htm

"Researchers in the Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation found that watching a short video clip of the Biggest Loser fueled negative attitudes toward exercise, raising further questions about how physical activity is shown in the popular media."

Is the 3x5 routine good for just improving a single lift like a bench press? In other words my bench has been stagnant for a while now, so if I were to apply the 3x5 to it on a weekly basis when I do other chest stuff, is that a good idea or pointless without applying it to other lifts? Literally benching is the only lift I'm not satisfied with lately.

Ok....so im finally getting back in the gym for serious.

Any suggestion on a good starting routine?

Particularly strength training, trying to get swoll nigggguh

But seriously, I already look like I work out, and I can bench about 200 last I checked.

Whats a good starting routine, and ill be able to build from there