the un official workout thread

podrido

Is the 3x5 routine good for just improving a single lift like a bench press? In other words my bench has been stagnant for a while now, so if I were to apply the 3x5 to it on a weekly basis when I do other chest stuff, is that a good idea or pointless without applying it to other lifts? Literally benching is the only lift I'm not satisfied with lately.

Look up specialization routines.

Sheiko for benching.

High volume benching, etc...

Ok....so im finally getting back in the gym for serious.

Any suggestion on a good starting routine?

Particularly strength training, trying to get swoll nigggguh

But seriously, I already look like I work out, and I can bench about 200 last I checked.

Whats a good starting routine, and ill be able to build from there

Starting Strength.

Strong Lifts.

Read the whole book/website.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah sure

"GUISE HOW KEN I GET RIPPED TO SHREDS WITHOUT MOVING FROM MY COUCH ON A DIET OF CHEETOHS AND BEER? PLZ HALP." - vanfullofretards

From your profile...

Interests:

Beer and HBO

on a related note...

The_Prideful_Hypocrite_by_xPandaPopx.jpg

My point is you're being hypocritcal, not to mention a total asshole (not just to me either).

I have a feeling all this will fall on deaf ears because you obviously only regard this forum as a place to belittle people.

No one likes that dude! No one!

Maybe move out of this thread for once this year (you've literally only posted in this thread for the past 2-3 months) and contribute some good/funny/interesting shit... or just get the fuck out.

Hating on the internet is just too easy bruh

Woooo it feels gewwwwd to be making progress again after I got sick. Last night's workout:

Squatz 150lbs 3x5

5/5/5

Increase to 155, should be back to 160. I'm pretty sure I've said that a million times in this thread, but I SWEAR GUISE, FOR REAL THIS TIME.

Press 85lbs 3x5

5/5/5

Increase to 90lbs. Didn't feel too too heavy.

Deadlift 185lbs 1x5

Not that heavy at all. Increase to 195lbs next workout, which is my record, and I'm pretty sure I'll break it in about two weeks.

blah blah blah, still going. I'm happy to be lifting, and it makes me a much better/happier person.

Awwww, now isn't that nice?

• Like 1

Not a bad idea if you're making meals ahead of time but I just eat most things cold in that case.

On week 4 of 3x5 for benching/shoulder pressing. I can definitely see the advantage to programs like this and it's making me feel stupid for taking this long to try it, although I'm only doing it for those lifts as they have plateaued the most. Planning to do more high rep training once progress with 3x5 slows down.

Get off gasface's nutz...the dude gives plenty of good advice in here, stop feeling entitled to an ass kissing.

O schnappz...you just got:

] Not Told

[ ] Told

[ ] Really Told

[X] TOLDASAURUS REX

[X] Cash4told.com

[X] No country for told men

[X] Knights of the told Republic

[X] ToldSpice

[x] The Elder Tolds IV: Oblivious

[x] Command & Conquer: Toldberian Sun

[x] GuiTold Hero: World Told

[X] Told King of Boletaria

[x] Countold Strike

[x] Unreal Toldament

Yo Ralphy, I ran 3.0 miles, 5 days a week for 6 weeks, wearing a lot of layers so I got warm here

and sweat a lot and lost 20lbs. Obviously I kept a decent eye on my diet, but not ridiculous.

Once you shed the unwanted you can build back up the right way or stay at that weight.

Took me 25mins to do that ran at an average pace. Only 2% of your time in 24hrs.

• Like 1

Muscle takes more calories to maintain.

This is fact.

However it does not only target fat for its caloric needs.

That is just nonsense.

Muscle Milk is food.

Look at the macros and if it fits what you need, great.

It is not magical muscle juice.

If you want magical muscle juice...buy testosterone.

yeah im pretty sure i wasn't just assuming that muscle milk is some miracle beverage...

i have drank it a feww times post workout and it is packed with nutrients and protiens, low in sugar etc.

from what i have read/heard it is good to consume protein post workout and it promotes overall weightloss and muscle development.

that being said i did consider Onnit, Natural Testosterone Booster but that is because I am getting to the age where natural production begins decreasing.

Supposedly the Onnit Testosterone Booster helps your body in its natural creation of it as opposed to introducing some foreign source that allows your body to not.

That being said I havent used any supplements of any kind at this point.

Whoever it is that promotes energy drinks and the like used to drop off cases of product of the workers on a job that I was on last year. One of them was muscle milk so I grabbed a like a half a flat and had em with my lunch for a while. I enjoyed em but do not think I would be willing to pay all that much for one and do not personally use supplements or any really involved nutrition regimen.

I just make a effort to watch my caloric intake and eat healthful foods prepared from scratch ingredients, seeing as supplements are in conflict with the scratch ingredients trip I generally avoid em. The idea of a recovery drink post workout is kind of appealing though and I have considered getting some sort of powder to make a chocolate milk protein type thing.

I had a friend who used to sell pain killers to a bunch of dudes that were all roided out, they were all at a gym in south Florida and if memory serves he said it used to be a few thousand a week in sales.

I heard a radio piece a couple months back from some amateur cycle racer who took testosterone and maybe some other performance enhancers, it was a really funny bit with dude talking about being a 40 year old man with the hormones of a 19 year old being mad horny and aggressive. If I recall correctly he describes a sort of downward spiral where he was coaching hid kids little league and finds himself getting all dominant with the players until he beans one of em and had a realization that he should give up the hormones.

The commercials for that shit always make me chuckle, it is like a made up affliction of "Low T" and one thing that seems a sure bet is that the "Low T" dudes and the erectile dysfunction dudes always have hot fucking females, muscle cars, big ass boats and cool hobbies like surfing or base jumping. I hope that if there ever comes a time when I can not get a hard on without a pill that I am fortunate enough to commiserate myself with a nice evening sailing with a model 20 years my junior.

yeah im pretty sure i wasn't just assuming that muscle milk is some miracle beverage...

i have drank it a feww times post workout and it is packed with nutrients and protiens, low in sugar etc.

from what i have read/heard it is good to consume protein post workout and it promotes overall weightloss and muscle development.

that being said i did consider Onnit, Natural Testosterone Booster but that is because I am getting to the age where natural production begins decreasing.

Supposedly the Onnit Testosterone Booster helps your body in its natural creation of it as opposed to introducing some foreign source that allows your body to not.

That being said I havent used any supplements of any kind at this point.

I'm just saying that getting into the habit of thinking about shakes and things similar to them as just plain old food is a good idea.

There isn't really that much benefit to chugging a shake right after a workout. If anything it is a marginal benefit and if you are eating well every day and being consistent with your training, having a shake within 45 minutes of your workout isn't gonna make that much of a difference. Getting that shit in order before supplementing is paramount.

As for test boosters...save your money.

They are useless and ineffective.

Tribulis does increase blood flow to the dick, but has nothing to do with being a test booster.

If you wanna raise your test, go get a blood test, figure out if your test is low for your age, if it is, go to an endocrinologist and get that dude to start dosing you with actual test. Lifting heavy, eating red meat and saturated fat are all good for hormone production though...so that's a natural test booster.

The only PROVEN effective supplements are:

-whey (not even a supllement cuz it's food)

-fish oil (not even a supllement cuz it's food)

-creatine

-beta alanine

-maybe a couple others i'm forgetting, but whatever, the list is short as fuck.

im so on and off about protein powders, mainly because i never find one that i actually feel good about and/or im not too sure they are worth the money. also because i feel like most commercial brand protein powders use bullshit filler ingredients that i'd rather not ingest. recently i got some of this stuff, which is way more minimalist ingredient wise than any other protein i've tried...

http://www.mtcapra.com/double-bonded-protein/

bought it from muscle&strength website for like 37 bucks

I get gassy sometimes. I'm pretty good with my diet and I literally eat 5 times a day, sometimes 6

smaller meals so my digestive system always is working. However, I ruptured my ear drum last month

and I'm acutely aware of my breathing and I can't hold/reduce my exhale on the push or I'll get dizzy

and possibly fall over. I think that helps prevent me from all out chemical warfare. Also, totaly

cut down my booze intake.