The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
This is Mike Barker...

One year me and Mike both entered the eS game of skate. He got third place, I got fourth. He won a free pair of shoes and I didn't. Except that he was already sponsored by eS so he actually gave me the free shoes. It was pretty nice of him...

so where's all your footy at.

I mean, if you were down and skated with these dudes all the time they definately have you on film too... right ?

so where's all your footy at.

I mean, if you were down and skated with these dudes all the time they definately have you on film too... right ?

I'm sorry I don't feel the need to prove anything, if you looked around on their movies you could find me, but being as it has my full name on it, and I'm not gonna go through the trouble of reediting that out, I'm just gonna let it be...

Idiot.

no, it's just I've read a few posts by you in this thread where you're all "well this one time I ollied down like 18 stairs, and it was the biggest set of stairs I knew of that anybody could do, mid ollie I kick flip under flipped 6 times in a row while doing a 360 body varial but then I decided to not go pro"

you brag about all these tricks that only you were doing (or could do at the time) at spots only you knew about, like anybody reading this thread cares. shennanigans.

for instance:

Yeah I can do all those, the bigspin one is fun. I can also do several weird pressure flip under flip variations. I used to do them on the pyramid hip alot. Just one of those things that I was the only one I know who could do them at any kind of speed or height.

Pretty fun, I should make a vid of them one day.

when you wrote this, you were talking to yourself. you're like that guy who's just there, and chimes in at the end of the conversation and drops something like this, and when you're done talking it goes all quiet and awkward and everyone is thinking to themselves "who the fuck is this guy kidding ? he think we care ... or ... ?"

you may not feel the need to prove anything, but you sure feel the need to let us all you know you're the baddest dude around who's best friends with every pro mentioned in this thead :rolleyes:

I said I ollied a 12 stair.

and that was the biggest I ever ollied, and that mikemo switch flipped it. I was just pointing out it was a huge 12. It took me a really long time just to man up and ollie it, and dude switch flipped it.

I've never thought I was super good at skateboarding, i was okay, I've said what I've done but I don't think I've ever bragged about being good at it. Sometimes when I skate again I'll be excited about some of the tricks I've done so I posted it in this thread, The Skateboard Thread. I thought that that's what it was for, no?

I think your mistaking what other people said about me bragging about shit and putting it in here as some form of acceptance, like you've seen it too. But you picked the wrong thing, and that's cool that you want to to do that, I don't mind, I just don't feel you're right. I've always been really, really, very humble about skateboarding. Yes I do get excited when I realize that I can still be okay at it, but I've never said I could of gone pro. I skated with a lot of these dudes because we grew up in the same city and went to the same school, or because they went into the skatepark that I worked at.

These people are real people and it's not impossible to meet them.

I never said anything about ollieing down 18 stairs, I can't do that. I've never said I've done any of those tricks you mentioned, I think you're just putting the fact that you can't do simple flip tricks on me, because I made a post about how I skated a month ago and still managed to throw together a nice line of tricks.

^

I was actually being fecitious dude, and just rambled some shit off the top of my head.

I quoted you for ferther elaboration.

edit: and I'm not really projecting. I skated pretty decently when I was younger, now I just do it for shits and giggles in my warehouse at work in my downtime, so that doesn't really bother me. I was just saying you're pretty full of yourself, and that nobody really cares, and that you might want to get over it. :shrug:

for instance:

when you wrote this, you were talking to yourself. you're like that guy who's just there, and chimes in at the end of the conversation and drops something like this, and when you're done talking it goes all quiet and awkward and everyone is thinking to themselves "who the fuck is this guy kidding ? he think we care ... or ... ?"

you may not feel the need to prove anything, but you sure feel the need to let us all you know you're the baddest dude around who's best friends with every pro mentioned in this thead :rolleyes:

We were talking about those PJ pressure flips. I'm sorry that I don't feel the fact that I can do these weird dumb ass pressure flips and other people can't a huge deal. You know what else I can do? Jerk off 10 times a day. You know what I can't do? Hardflips.

I can do them switch, but give me a regular hardflip and I couldn't do one to save my life...

You're right man, the fact that I can throw together a couple of really random pressure flips (who the fuck cares about pressure flips? they're silly) means that I think I'm a bad ass skater...

I'm sorry that skating in LA and working at probably the best indoor skatepark in the country means that I've met some pros, and that I shared it in THE SKATEBOARD THREAD.

Like I said, the fact that you want to jump on the hate eastbay bandwagon is cool with me, you just didn't choose the best subject...

I've never said I've met every pro in this thread, thing is, alot of the pros people bring up are just the most famous ones. Of course I've met Chad Muska, of course I've met Bam Margera, of course I've met Tony Hawk. Or they just lived right next to me and I went to school with them and shit...

of course I've met P Rod. I knew him when he was skating for 118 boardshop. The fucking dude lived 15 minutes away from me, how was I not supposed to meet him?

If someone brings up a person that I've met, and I feel I have something to say about it, then I will. I don't see what the big deal is since this is a thread about skateboarding.

On a side note, I played the new Tony Hawk game on my homies Xbox earlier this week. I normally enjoy the Tony Hawk games more or less, but this one is the largest pile of canadian moose splatter-shit I've ever played. Of any game in history. I tried to make a character, and was limited to a choice of "urban", "punk" and "kid". What the fuck is this. I can essentially tolerate any sort of retarded trick-combo-manual-revert-jimmyleg-backflip-1080 bullshit while skating in a fucking alien spaceship, so long as I can play a pseudo-version of myself. I must be too old for their target market, because I have no desire to skate wearing stupid plaid punker pants or a giant gold medallion and stunna shades. Fuck this shit forever. This is worse than the American Wasteland one. I'd like to line up each and every person responsible for making this game and making skateboarding a mockery of itself and give each and every one of them the hugest tiger uppercut in the history of the world.

I'd also like to say that I can't wait for a passably real skating game so i can have the satisfaction of landing a 360 flip once more. I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never land one in real life again.

I wasn't jumpin' on shit, the way you post is pretty callous and I just wanted to see some footage is all.

Like I said, I pointed you in the right direction, if you check some of the videos that those people post you can find me, but I'm not gonna be like,"Oh this is me, first name and last..."

I think I'm getting a Sony HardDrive camera I could probably put a little video together soon...

Don't see why I would lie about who I know or how I skate though.