The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
so i mentioned in my previous post that my cushions in my trucks ripped...

i've never had this happen before, but i know it does happen. despite the fact some people say

you gotta ride the board for a week or so and break the trucks in, and then tighten them, i've never

had to do this before. just poor quality? bad pair of cushions, and should opt to buy some replace-

ments? info? wow i sound like a newb

first off.. theyre called bushings.

you dont gotta ride em for a week to break em in. i just depends of the hardness of the bushing ( i think its durameter or some shit)

plus if you try riding them super tight and land from a drop and have to surf out super hard, thats prolly whay they broke

• 1 month later...
first off.. theyre called bushings.

you dont gotta ride em for a week to break em in. i just depends of the hardness of the bushing ( i think its durameter or some shit)

plus if you try riding them super tight and land from a drop and have to surf out super hard, thats prolly whay they broke

woah there mr. pro skater calling them bushings... people call them different things like bushings,

cushions, or donuts for that matter. besides, my word choice clearly got the point across as you knew

exactly what i was talking about.

eh, anyway, you may be right, you may be wrong.... all i care about is taht my truck are riding fine

now adays

/outershellforcefieldline

So last night while I was waiting for Wii, I broke out the board...

I always amaze myself how well I retain my tricks, like I don't have the consistency that I used to have, but it's always nice being able to break out my lofty kickflips and what not.

So I was skating along, and from one end of the line to the front I did a line that went like this,

Kickflip, tre flip, nollie back bigspin, switch frontside pop shuv, half cab heel, frontside heel, switch backside pop, then I popped a switch manual on the little pad out there...

It felt good. My knees are hating me today for it, but I'm glad I can still do it. I just wish I didn't fuck my knees so bad when I was younger.

i went out to the Active contest this weekend in rancho kook-amunga,

just watchin the ams throwing shit down makes me envious on how resilient kids are.

they just get smashed up and get right back up and try it again.

ive long forgotten the days when i could just throw myself down a set of stairs,

land flat on my feet, and not get a hot pocket...and do that for another 10-20 times.

check out my skate vid! my homey archie is on the board and i did the soundtrack and editing. this was my first vid i ever made. the first time i evevn ever used the program!! oh yeah and the 3rd song is from "revenge of the nerds!!

Wtf. Do you have one of those huge ass shoulder VHS camcorders? Looks like a super long badly made gif from the 1920s. Flipping video so that the viewer has to do a handstand to watch is super lame.

Hald-cab heels were so fun for me. I hearted them muchly.

Though people always thought it was a hardheelflip.

And eastbay, that's a sweet line to just jump back into.

Yeah I was pretty impressed. I mean I was just kinda skating around. And I was gonna turn around when I missed a trick, but I kept not missing.

Half cab heels are like, shove its to me. I have a hard time missing them.

i only read through a few pages and did not see any mention but the new Chris Hall video is fucking banger... edited real good.

getfam.com

should be out soon. i was lucky enough to get a copy from my man who has a part in it.

yeah i mentioned on a couple posts up.

but yes, worth another mention.

real good shit.

the wheat pasting intros were kind corny tho.

A pretty well known pro came into my work tonight. I told my homie who he was and he was like "naw that aint him, he's just some fag that comes in here all the time with his boyfreind". I said "that's probably his dad you dick" and bet him money it was him and told him to ask. Turns out I was right... and so was he. Dude was with his boyfreind calling eachother "baby" in an affeminate tone of voice. I've actually met this cat before and he didn't talk nor carry himself as a fag AT ALL. there's no way in hell I'm gonna blow up his spot by mentioning his name though. He seems like a cool cat and I'd feel too bad wrecking his career like that. I'm just venting my dissapointment I guess.