The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

put on a almost brand new setup yesterday, new 8.25 board, practicully brand new independent wides, kept my independent bearings, and pig tall boy 58mms. 8 just didnt seem wide enough anymore and my trucks where destroyed, my wheels were down to like 52mm from like 56 i believe.. now i just need new shoes and i'l be golden.

never had pig wheels, interested to see how they hold up. and these ipaths i've been wearing kinda bummed me out. the sole completely seperated from the shoe pretty quickly. now when i do feeble and shit i can feel my foot slide out the side of my shoe..

also, someone told me the other day Ipath is now owned by Timberland, and Vans is owned by Jansport.. didnt know that.

also, someone told me the other day Ipath is now owned by Timberland, and Vans is owned by Jansport.. didnt know that.

Its too simple to say Jansport ... They are both owned by VF corporation. Full List of VF brands

IPath - Timberland is more simple.

Its Billabong that is buying up the world .... They just bought RVCA and all the West 59 stores in Canada. So they now own Element, PlanB's distribution rights, VonZipper, RVCA ... Its crazy.

put on a almost brand new setup yesterday, new 8.25 board, practicully brand new independent wides, kept my independent bearings, and pig tall boy 58mms. 8 just didnt seem wide enough anymore and my trucks where destroyed, my wheels were down to like 52mm from like 56 i believe.. now i just need new shoes and i'l be golden.

you, my man. know what the fuck is up.

i just copped a creature deck the other day, and so far it's working out awesome. tons of pop, feels great, and for once i can land varial flips on a fucking 8.25, all is well.

oh yeah, you know anything about this dealie where they want to build a skatepark in allston? i don't think that shit'll happen, but i hope it does.

Told you nigs Creature was the real deal . :lol::cool:

One of few brands from NHS I ride . Creature & Emergency...stopped riding regular Black Label a few years ago , the wood is warped and terrible . Truly sad because Black Label was the company I fell in love with after Santa Cruz in the early 90's .

oh yeah, you know anything about this dealie where they want to build a skatepark in allston? i don't think that shit'll happen, but i hope it does.

a park in allston huh? havent even heard of it but im gonna ask around now. hopefully they go through with it and its a decent park.. or hopefully the finally work on the charles river park.

bought these yesterday, pretty good so far.

m_circa_men_8track_shoes_blackwhiteblueplaid.jpg

took a couple good spills yesterday though haha, theres still streams of dried blood on my arms and legs, still picking sand and smalls pieces of gravel from my skin and scalp, and im sore as shit. i know if i go skating today, which i probably will, all my wounds are gonna get twice as worse, fuck it, thats what makes us skateboarders right?

a park in allston huh? havent even heard of it but im gonna ask around now. hopefully they go through with it and its a decent park.. or hopefully the finally work on the charles river park.

Haven't heard of that, but there is a new mini at Orchard's new location down the street from the new Kelly's Roast Beef.

And that fucking Charles River Skatepark is never being made. They were suppose to break ground in 08...then 09...then 10...

This is the final design that's going to happen if they ever make it:

grindline1.jpg

grindline2.jpg

I went to all the public meetings they had for the design of the park. I even helped raise money for the fucking thing, working events (like the gay BoomBoomHuckJam shit, though i did literally bump into Bob Burnquist, which was neat). I, and others, strongly pushed for them to mimic current and past skate spots. But the city and others pushed for a more traditional "skate park" design. Looking at the above pics, looks like they listened at least a little -- check out the recreated Boston Medical Center Volcanoes (RIP), and things similar to Metals!

I think i still have old design concepts they almost went with...

*Edit: Found one pic on an old hard drive:

Rs82Z.jpg

Thrasher Skate & Destroy Boston '96

Awesome video! Some great old spots in there. You can see the aforementioned Volcanoes at 4:15. And Vanik Hocobian actually helped a lot in getting the ball rolling on this skatepark. Saw him at some meetings and did demos in Eastie i believe.

that thrasher video was sweet, theres a few spots in that video that arent around anymore.

in regards to the park, i've been saying someone who was in on all the plans or whatever should try and get a hold of the larger donaters and have them see whats up with it, i'd be real fuckin bullshit if i dropped 75+ thousand on a park almost a decade ago and it wasnt built. shit they could even go to a news station, theres gotta be one that would eat that story up.

maybe not though.

I figured you East Coast guys would see some spots in that Thrasher vid , that are most likely long gone . I never really got to skate Boston , New Jersey , hell only a handful of times in New York . I always wanted to check out Maine because of all the weird spots Dan Drehobl skates when he films at home .

That Brent Atchley video fucked my computer twice, and i really want to watch it. Froze everything but the sound was playing. Weird.

cant find it on you tube yet, but heres a bunch of footage ive never seen before. including a full part from a long time ago.

lots of other dudes too. SICK ENDER

full part