The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

anyone try out theeve trucks?

my buddy got some recently and hes says they're pretty good but the other day his kingpin just loosened and his bushings fell right off as he was riding.. kinda odd.

been thinking of putting a pair of indys i've had sitting around on my board, my venture are pretty rugged these days, the kingpin is almost completely flat ha.

Thunders are fucking rad too . :cool:

The only trucks I don't care for are Krux , Royal , Venture & Grind King . I had a few pairs of Gullwings decades ago because Jason Jessee & Jeff Phillips rode for them...but they were heavy as fuck . :lol:

If you want to see some RAAAAADDD pool skating....fuck, even if you dont, you need to watch Lance Mountains part from the most recent Flip video. Its so cool to see a dude whos been ripping that long still completely destroy a real pool, and even add in some new innovative type stuff. And the song goes great with it as well. That dude is a true role model in skating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SmGhRDgvhw

LOL..I felt the same way 3 years ago when I turned 30 . I quit smoking going on almost 6 months now , and I can feel the difference skating . Hell , I barely drink anymore , figured I owed it to my body to have a " Vacation " for a while .

:lol:

i love skating pools, bowls, and parks of that nature.. oregon seems like my idea of a heaven with all those sweet ass parks they got. i can skate street but my chest is more on the big side and my blance is all sorts of fucked up, so if i cant get a flow going im just gonna eat shit all day skating street. i'd rather try to rip around a park.

i have what i like to call Cardiel Syndrome, i need to go fast at all times to try and get a flow going or theres more of a chance i'll get hurt. atleast when your going fast and you fall you just kinda tumble and roll like a ragdoll and usually end up jumping back on my feet haha, as opposed to falling like a sack of bricks like when i try and skate ledges rails and stairs.

edit: hallelujah is out now correct? anyone seen it yet?

Swiss are the only bearings worth a damn.

I didn't even know Indy made bearings.

i didnt either until i bought them haha, figured i'd give them a shot though. i went to a small shop and those were litteraly the only bearings they had. they didnt have shit for decks, shoes or anything else either.

edit: that front board to front hurricane at 2:30 is fuckin SWEET.

so was that nollie front nose 360 shuv. at 4:00

I had forgotten how ridiculous that geoff rowley part is. There's also an ad for Flip that keeps showing up on the berrics of david gonzales 360 flipping into that bank that rowley's ender is on but falling at the bottom. It's still one of the gnarliest things i've seen in a while

Found said ad: