The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
could someone explain to me why Tony Hawk has put his name on such garbage? i was in kmart or wallmart or some mart the other day, and i was looking at their "skateboards". theres a couple different quality levels available there, but none of them are near that of a skateboard youd buy at an actual shop. At least most of the boards had metal trucks, unlike some of the shitty Variflex's i rode growing up, and at least they are shaped somewhat like a real skateboard, but the wood theyre made of is garbage, along with just about every other part of the board.

Variflex was one of the first " Skateboard Companies " to sponsor skateboarding , as well as have a Team . Shit , a lot of greats skated for Variflex . I hear what you're saying because a lot of dudes my age had Valterra " Meltdowns " and Variflex setups as their first skateboard . Jeff Grosso rode for Variflex , good enough for me . :cool:

How about "Mr. Punk Rock Skateboarder " Kristian Svitak being on Airspeed Shoes now....Mike McGill's fucking super gay company Airspeed you see in KMart or Target ? I saw that shit listed as " Industry News " and laughed my fucking ass off .

:lol:

I don't know how you could walk into K-Mart and expect to find anything other then utter trash as far as skateboards go. Seriously?

We all know you've got to go to BIG 5 for the dank gearz bro.

Pfft.

PS. Svitak still rips... everybody sells out at some point or another. At least he doesn't ride for Paul Mitchell.

You don't need to send me a link about his skating , I've met and skated with him years ago . :cool:

I just thought it was wack in terms of Airspeed . I mean seriously ? 88 Shoes were awesome when they were around . And the majority of those guys went on to be on Vox , one of my favorites .

god im so bored watching skating lately.

everyone else, im sure it was all switch and super tech and im an idiot for not being blown away but i was bored. i gotta quit watching videos.

I hear you.

It's like everything is so next level that it's over my head and I can't even relate to it anymore.

It all just becomes one big blur of WTF.

Variflex was one of the first " Skateboard Companies " to sponsor skateboarding , as well as have a Team . Shit , a lot of greats skated for Variflex . I hear what you're saying because a lot of dudes my age had Valterra " Meltdowns " and Variflex setups as their first skateboard . Jeff Grosso rode for Variflex , good enough for me . :cool:

How about "Mr. Punk Rock Skateboarder " Kristian Svitak being on Airspeed Shoes now....Mike McGill's fucking super gay company Airspeed you see in KMart or Target ? I saw that shit listed as " Industry News " and laughed my fucking ass off .

agreed...my first board was a variflex. shit was sweet.

anyone remember the nash nightmare with freddy and jason on the graphic...

.,....hahahaha

I hear you.

It's like everything is so next level that it's over my head and I can't even relate to it anymore.

It all just becomes one big blur of WTF.

for real, i'll take something like a huge smith down a rail over a nollie big heal noseblunt on a flat ledge any day, not saying that i dont respect that shit for being crazy, i just prefer what id consider "style" over crazyness. but i mean its all circumstantial i guess.

basically... im more of a misled youth person.

yeah i didnt realize that Variflex was a real company at one time until a couple years ago when i saw some old pro model boards they had out. By the time i had one, they had gone completely KMart style. plastic baseplates, shittier wood, and that fake grip tape that i honestly thing is just spray painted sand paper.

I remember reading about McGills skate shoe company awhile back. His defense was that he was trying to make the least expensive shoes that were skateable for kids and people who dont have much to spend. As somebody who grew up shoe gooing, duct taping and stapling my shoes back together because i could only get a new pair every 6 months or so, i can kinda get behind that. It sucks that the way to make a cheap shoe is to have it made overseas, and sold through Walmart. Ive seen the shoes in person, they look alot like old high top vans, although the soles look cheaper.