The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I've heard this from more than a few people .

Josh Kalis is an alright in person .

on the contrary....my boy that worked at uprise for a few years told me that Kalis is mad cheesy....dudes all about bragging about what new after market part he's put on is car.

clyde was super hype and having an all around good time with everyone. again...this was in 96 or so. however...i know dude hits the ba-ba pretty hard....black out steelo....so i could imagine him rubbing people the wrong way. n/h

on the contrary....my boy that worked at uprise for a few years told me that Kalis is mad cheesy....dudes all about bragging about what new after market part he's put on is car.

Your boy is just hating.

I know Kalis and I can't think of a single person who would have anything ill to say about dude.

clyde was super hype and having an all around good time with everyone. again...this was in 96 or so. however...i know dude hits the ba-ba pretty hard....black out steelo....so i could imagine him rubbing people the wrong way. n/h

I'm pretty sure dude was sober when I almost fought him.

on the topic of meeting pros, i met most of the dudes on zero about 6 or 7 years ago. mumford and rattray were super fucking nice dudes, so was adrian lopez.

went to a toy machine demo that same summer and sat outside the park and smoked cigs and bullshitted with diego buchieri for like a half hour. i think he was just stoked to take a break from a shit ton of little kids shoving posters and stuff at him to sign. ed also seemed pretty nice, from what i remember.

• Like 1

ha, i've kicked it with bucky lasek, one of my boys uncles opened a small chain food taco joint with him. have also kicked it with danny garcia, and ryan gallant, pj ladd and jereme rogers many times (when the 3 of them were still on Coliseum living in MA)

met keenan miltons brother while skating a couple weeks after the dude died, he just came up to us and started kicking it and after about 20-30 mins he was just like "ya know i had a brother who was real good at this shit, he was on some teams and stuff, you guys ever heard of keenan milton?" we were just like hell ya dude your brother was ill, sorry to hear about that shit.

also met jason dill when i met danny garcia, dill seemed like a huge douche.

A couple friends and I went to a World demo way back when and we were dorking out with Rodney Mullen skating flatground. My friend had late varial heelflips (right?) and Rodney Mullen was super stoked on it. He was real cool to a bunch of teenagers.

Aaron Suski is a real cool person, too.

Black Label team 1999 in Cleveland was fun as hell . Getting drunk with Jim Gagne 2 days straight , going to horrible strip clubs and watching John Lucero " make it rain " . :lol:

Meeting Thomas Morgan in Toronto skating around 1993 , he was super nice .

The worst I've talked about before , and that was Steve Berra . Fuck him . He was skating for Birdhouse , and got choked out by a local for being a douche bag .

ya somethng about berra rubs me the wrong way, same with koston.

i was sliding 180 switch smiths the other day, but popping out is whats getting me, im not good at switch or nollies. completely pulled them outta my ass too. but its probably because i've been trying a lot of hurricanes, and 180 switch willys and shit.

speaking of which what exactly would you call that? is it an "over willy"? or is it just a 180 switch willy, cause i've heard mixed things, i noticed one of those creature dudes did one down the rail the other day.

I've met a lot of pros who are cool, but Colin Mckay wins it as far as I'm concerned.

Many years ago, my board got stolen while I was taking pictures at the X games. Colin McKay, who I had literally just met, went to the trunk of his rental car and grabbed Danny Way's board (which DW had won the vert event with earlier that day). He handed it to me and said "if Danny sees you with this, you didn't get it from me!" and then lit up a joint and passed me that as well.

And that's how I started riding larger setups.

ha thats awesome. i've been thinking im gonna start riding bigger boards lately, i usually ride 7.75s but they've just been feeling kinda weird lately. years ago my friends would shit on me for riding 7.75s cause that was "big" and they were all riding 7.5s and whatever, if you had over 7.75 kids were like ????? but now almost everyone rides nothing under a 8. i think the biggest board i had was like a 9. and that thing got ran over by 2 cars, and survived many people trying to snap it but it just held out through everything, bitch was a tank. it was a mark appleyard board with a neon light apple on it.

i've heard geoff rowley is real nice dude. the person who told me that was about to get their cars towed while they were out filming and rowley went running over and paid off the drivers to leave the cars there another hour and promised they'd leave, he said hes just generally a cool guy.

I've met a lot of pros who are cool, but Colin Mckay wins it as far as I'm concerned.

Many years ago, my board got stolen while I was taking pictures at the X games. Colin McKay, who I had literally just met, went to the trunk of his rental car and grabbed Danny Way's board (which DW had won the vert event with earlier that day). He handed it to me and said "if Danny sees you with this, you didn't get it from me!" and then lit up a joint and passed me that as well.

And that's how I started riding larger setups.

Best fucking story ever .

in my years of filming ive been lucky to meet mad cats that

i grew up watching and some newbloods as well...

but some stand out more than most,Prod is def

one of the humblest dudes, Kareem Campbell is hella down

and mad nice..I kicked it with Stevie Williams at his shoe

premiere dude was mad nice as well...Frost is funny dude

PJ Ladd is chill..Mikey T and Berra are just some down to

earth dudes..but the pro ive had the most fun with is

Mike Rosa, man those dudes at "The Way" are grimmy,

and them FL boys can party..but i just love the whole

skate culture, from CO to LA its like one big happy fam...

pj is a ill dude, a couple years ago when he was getting big transworld sent Atiba up here to take flicks of him at some skatepark mini ramp. he refused and blew off atiba, and when they asked what the fuck happened he said he was "too busy skating" i've heard of that dude getting more shit from his sponsers cause hes "too busy skating" than anyone i can think of.