Shoes?

Fugazi

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Wore some newer sb dunks today , I miss the puffy tongue pink box ones . . that first run in ‘02 with mulder/forbes/supa/gino ! Wish I didn’t skate my pairs :classic_sad:

gonna grab some of the new pairs and start rockin em again . reverse Forbes wheat colorway is tight 

The marnells are dope , the wheat/choco colorway is fresh . Sad he’s gone . Was a ripper & good human for sure , he deserved all that Nike $$$ . Cool of them to release that shoe years after he passed and donate to diabetes research in his memory .

The dunk silhouette is just too clean , you can rock em with jeans / chinos / shorts . .

I think I’m going dunk crazy again

• Like 1

@luhemyeah, I wore them to work one day and this guy at the entrance is like "yo where'd you get those!?" "I had those back in 05" I was like yeah they re released. 

What do you think about these? 

1430848093_https_2F2Fhypebeast.com2Fimage2F20172F122Fnike-sb-dunk-low-pro-camo-1.jpg.5a1ba9d0ac68d287a6a02f96066847fb.jpg

They released a minute ago, I like em but I just haven't been able to pull the trigger. 

• Like 1

@massgraff Yo those are raw ! Saw em as I was scoping out some websites just now . Digging the olive / camo hints (not a fan of kicks drowned out in camo) + black swoosh / gum sole . Get em !

Settled on these myself - figured a standard colorway would do the trick in resparking my Dunk spree , found a pair in 9.5 for $70 ~ 

C4BFE667-065C-4013-A927-B757C5B41122.jpeg

1 hour ago, luhem said:

@massgraff Yo those are raw ! Saw em as I was scoping out some websites just now . Digging the olive / camo hints (not a fan of kicks drowned out in camo) + black swoosh / gum sole . Get em !

Settled on these myself - figured a standard colorway would do the trick in resparking my Dunk spree , found a pair in 9.5 for $70 ~ 

C4BFE667-065C-4013-A927-B757C5B41122.jpeg

I had these in mids back in 07-08 if my memory serves me . Gumsole with the blk/white classic. I dont do dunks anymore but I wore them on n off for a good decade.

• Like 1

React 87s are the hot shoe right now..I cant say I like them..at all. The way they point in the front isn't for me. I like that they're see thru though that's really cool. Wasn't Espo the first to make a see thru shoe with Nike? Thoughts on the Reacts? 

180620_02.png

• Like 1

@luhemthat's what's up. Went to the skate shop today and they had finally sold out of the camo dunks ? 

Saw these today tho 

Screenshot_2018-07-27-18-45-50-1.png.37219915786c0b0b8e571b8950d64d46.png

???  

From there I went to HOH and wouldn't you know it they were restocking their cool grey 11 lows, so I copped those.

@Kultsnot feeling em. Not feeling the majority of new Nike's Jordan's models. I feel myself sounding like one of those bitter sneakerheads that just automatically likes anything older better, BUT, I think a lot of this stuff is genuinely ugly. Or at least built for performance over style.

• Like 2

@massgraffdamn , can prolly still find a pair for retail online if ya look around a bit .

those are hard ! I’m looking into picking up a white pair myself , saw these (the 2015 tokyo rerelease) but can’t find a new pair anywhere in my size . . gonna keep searching til I do - so far only found one site that has em @ $200 . . 

DB6467A7-E899-441B-B42F-B2E9849807E9.jpeg

3 hours ago, massgraff said:

@Kultsnot feeling em. Not feeling the majority of new Nike's Jordan's models. I feel myself sounding like one of those bitter sneakerheads that just automatically likes anything older better, BUT, I think a lot of this stuff is genuinely ugly. Or at least built for performance over style.

Well said. A lot of newer designs I’m really not feeling. I’m over Jordan’s completely. Most of the recent models Nike put out are definitely very tech wear looking or overworked. The last pairs I’ve picked up have all been stuff reissued from the archives. Maybe we’re just getting old. 

• Like 1

Went for a shop today to check out some new sneakers. Nothing really in mind, but just something simple, mostly black or white and not $600. I returned empty handed. Everything was either chunky dad shoes or futuristic af. Might just go back to staple vans or nikes....any suggestions of what else might be worth checking out? Keen on minimal classic sneakers...

haven’t tried skating or chilling in the regular busenitz or team classics . Once I got decent at skating in jrhigh/hs (first pair of skate shoes were banana yellow puffy DC’s in 4th grade followed by countless vans models) , I would skate og sb dunks and lakai Manchester’s til I eventually switched to strictly blazer lows/busenitz vulc .

Dunno how they feel while skating but outta those three I would definitely pick the grey/white/green ones in the middle to chill in . I’ve heard the regular busenitz are super comfy on and off the board once broken in .