Shoes?

Fugazi

I just find it so hard to get into anything that Nike or Adidas drop. 100% don't understand the hype behind the mars yard, I get he is a designer but they look like some karrimor climbing shoes or some shit.

Real disillusioned with the sneaker scene, just a bunch of hype shit being dropped.

The Afew x Kangaroos release was a beauty though.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
27 minutes ago, Decyferon said:

I just find it so hard to get into anything that Nike or Adidas drop. 100% don't understand the hype behind the mars yard, I get he is a designer but they look like some karrimor climbing shoes or some shit.

Real disillusioned with the sneaker scene, just a bunch of hype shit being dropped.

The Afew x Kangaroos release was a beauty though.

Its a Nike Field Boot sole with a lifestyle upper, pulltabs and fleece innards. Not hard to see why they are unique and lusted after. Also, the classic Tom Sachs/NASA colors and was co designed by ACTUAL rocket scientists to wear in their aerospace labs. Beats a run of the mill jogger any day.

7 minutes ago, Decyferon said:

See the back story of it does nothing for me when it looks the way it does, but each to their own. I'm glad my likes are different as I end up coppig stuff in sales or rare older stuff 

For sure. We seem to have completely different tastes. I dont fuck with Asics, find em too basic. Youre kinda lucky youre not into the hyped stuff, def makes it easier.

6 minutes ago, Decyferon said:

Yea man I don't really look much outside Asics, Saucony, Puma, Diadora, Karhu and a few smaller companies 

It can be a blessing sometimes don't have to pay crazy resell or be up ready for release 

I envy you that. As a Nike guy I catch the L all too often.

• Props 1

Interesting to see companies like Hi Tec producing some dope looking kicks but 130quid is too high I think, they are quite at that price point yet

Do like these Saucony, they've got an embossed Hop on the tongue. I'd have designed them differently myself as they're for Oktoberfest so would have Made the blue more like the Bavarian blue,  but i see the lederhosen influences.

Screenshot_20180920-193736_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20180920-122517_Instagram.jpg

Just now, Decyferon said:

Arc originals and Sneep Crew are 2 smaller independent sneaker brands that are producing pure fire 

They def have a cool take on the classic look you guys are into. I like that the grip protrudes on the front of the sole like that last pic.

• Props 1

September pickups :

AM1 Anniversary Edition (original AM1 colorway from 30 years ago)

B39A2FEC-815C-47EC-BECC-9C51125A6A60.thumb.jpeg.6602314a7d1633994f9ddaef6b7428bd.jpeg

AM1 Centre Pompidou Pack (colorways inspired by day / night look of the Pompidou centre in France - building that gave tinker Hatfield inspiration to expose the air bubble cushion in the sole)

4DB5DAEF-B15E-448F-B9C4-7E41EE07A3CA.thumb.jpeg.1b7cd266a1010acb6ef53b741aabf30c.jpeg

Nike x CDG Nighttrack (will swap the glitter laces for the jet black alternates they came with - gonna rock these during wedding season/fancy dinners)

Yeezy Boost 350 creams (ridiculously comfy , possibly the comfiest shoe I’ve copped in years but these feel like something someone from Tron would wear , don’t think I can pull them off but I’m glad I got the pair for my collection)

4B64E5B6-AE16-4F3F-84E9-189651D5BD9E.thumb.jpeg.34055948cf367bd9d9da242fff8e07e1.jpeg Last but not least , shoe of the year for me , Nike SB x Humidity Skateshop Dunk Hi “Trumpets” (will wear em without the bow tie / possibly with the black alternate laces)

870C26C1-2F87-47E2-A20B-833C7BF11C96.thumb.jpeg.e7db43da8bbdfa8f0e0550dbedd32055.jpeg

Next pair will 100% be another Trumpet dunk so I can have a pair on ice ? . not rocking the ones I got til I get that second pair in , just so I can stock the nicer of the two

After that I plan on venturing into Jordan 1 territory with either the J1 Shadow , Black Yin Yang or Triple Blacks . Will report back with news from that expedition 

• Like 1
  • Props 3

They’re pretty fly on foot . 99% of the time I wear my black Levi’s Skate jeans (501’s - got em in black/shades of blue) with a clean black or white tee . 

Sometimes I’ll rock Stan Ray’s or dickies (blacked out ofc) for bottoms and throw on a black hoody or my black Patagonia jacket if it’s real cold out . I usually stick with simple monochrome fits , don’t really wear logo tees unless they’re clean and minimalistic or a homies brand .

Just gotta let the kicks be the crux of your fit and they are an awesome look .

Definitely the wildest shoe I have but I love it so much ! 

Made up my mind on the J1’s - gonna cop the Shadow’s . Super hyped ~

Edited by luhem
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 3:45 PM, Kults said:

M2K Tekno dropping Pure Platinum version this October. I hated these when LV used them in their spring show but they're growing on me

nike-m2k-tekno-AV4789-004-3.jpg

Was looking at these on snkrs yesterday. The brownish plumish pair. Probably wouldn't cop but. They are coolish.

• Truth 1