I've fuckin had it with rap

Godzirra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iron Maiden is damn good. The Number of the Beast album is so amazing!

The first few Ozzy albums are good too... Blizard of Oz and Diary of a Madman. You really can't go wrong with either.

The Jam... anything by the Jam. It's not 80's rock but damn good music to get pumped up by.

Slayer - Reign in Blood should be a staple for any person into metal.

Any Kiss album should knock your socks off, but if you want to get started just get Kiss Alive!

Van Halen's self titled debut or Women and Children First is by far great rock music. Can't be beat.

I feel ya. I gave up in the early 90's because I was so sick of the gangsta rap phenomenon. I just couldn't take that crap and walked away from it. I have yet to hear what I would consider to good rap since. (Before anyone gets heated... that is my opinion) But switching up may not be the answer. Maybe you just need to delve deeper into hip-hop and find a new sound within.

joker,

one of these days i should put together a little mix cd for you. i think i could impress you.

why stop wiith 80's metal?

new metal (not numetal)

everytime i die

shread of hope

still breathing

hopesfall

unearth

eighteen visions

autumn to ashes

cave in

evergreen terrace

as i lay dying

shai hulud

poison the well

snapcase

starkweather

racetraitor

haste

cream abdul babar

7 angels 7 plagues

avenged sevenfold

bury your dead

on brokenn wings

norma jean

the agony scene

dillinger escape plan

wings of scarlet

now granted, most of these bands are skinny little angry white kids, but the shit is hardcore and thats all that should matter.

i would like to thank 'ecire' or whatever your user name is, for putting me onto hopesfall a few years ago, begining my whole slide into metal.

it wouldnt have been possible without you bro!

keep rocking!

thank you, good night!

well i personaly love the cheesy scandinavian synthesizers and the never boring double bass drum:

at the gates

cradle of filth

year of our lord

dark funeral

dimmu borgir

others i like:

lamb of god, high on fire, catharsis etc.

murder city devils is always good.

Originally posted by seeking

[bhopesfall..

shai hulud...

poison the well.....

[/b]

I really plan on looking at alot of those other hardcore bands, and the ones in the hardcore thread, but seriously had it not been for some of the good folks here on 12oz, I would have a gap in my life unfilled by some of these righteous...(yes i said it) bands. they utterly rock. My friend Kind of sorta knew about some of this stuff, but from hearing about these guys from Rage, Glik, Ethreadz, (+ many others) I really got some great music.

yeah man, homeboy that put me onto hopesfall should get a percentage of their sales. infact, through his suggesting them to me, and then my nonstop touting of them as being the greatest band ever, 12oz has generated them an assload of new fans.

i should write them and tell them they owe us a thankyou.

:)

I agree, 12oz has put me onto a lot of bands I would never have even heard on my own. Though most of those bands seeking listed are a little too hardcore for me. 12oz did get me onto From Autumn to Ashes, who are my new favourite band......

My friend Ryan was raving about hopesfall, but I never took any notice until all the 12oz rats started saying how good they were. Then I saw them live with Snapcase, and I was blown away. Defintely one of the best.....

Originally posted by Joker

Iron Maiden is damn good. The Number of the Beast album is so amazing!

The first few Ozzy albums are good too... Blizard of Oz and Diary of a Madman. You really can't go wrong with either.

The Jam... anything by the Jam. It's not 80's rock but damn good music to get pumped up by.

Slayer - Reign in Blood should be a staple for any person into metal.

Any Kiss album should knock your socks off, but if you want to get started just get Kiss Alive!

Van Halen's self titled debut or Women and Children First is by far great rock music. Can't be beat.

I feel ya. I gave up in the early 90's because I was so sick of the gangsta rap phenomenon. I just couldn't take that crap and walked away from it. I have yet to hear what I would consider to good rap since. (Before anyone gets heated... that is my opinion) But switching up may not be the answer. Maybe you just need to delve deeper into hip-hop and find a new sound within.

<span style='color:black'>Nah its not all rap. I like my older stuff, i wanna say pre 95. I'll take some gangster rap any day over this nonsensical crap they are making now. There are a few cats that hold it down but they are few and far between.

I always liked metal i just put it on the back burner and forgot about it for the past 12 years. Haha. Im not really into the sound of "Alternative" rock. Is that what the kids are listening to now? haha. Any way thanks to everyone for all of these suggestions. </span>

how could i gorget.....

children of bodom!!!!

melodic and sometimes comical skandinavian black metal at its finest.

btw:if those bands from seeking's list are too hardcore don't bother looking up most those bands i mentioned.

At the Gates was a little too much for me. Same with Meshuggah. Well, I absolutely love the drums in Meshuggah but after about two songs I need to move on. Everyone keeps telling me to check out a band called Mortis. Some warlock looking guy? Swedish death metal or something like that...

Seeking, you can make me a mix cd any day.

Originally posted by shaolinmasta

Through the lights cameras and action, glamour glitters and gold

I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe

When I'm deceased, by then the beast arise like yeast

to conquer peace leaving savages to roam in the streets

You ≠ :king:

Originally posted by Joker

At the Gates was a little too much for me. Same with Meshuggah. Well, I absolutely love the drums in Meshuggah but after about two songs I need to move on. Everyone keeps telling me to check out a band called Mortis. Some warlock looking guy? Swedish death metal or something like that...

Seeking, you can make me a mix cd any day.

you should give At The Gates's "Slaughter of the Soul" album a good, hard listen or two. it shouldn't be "too much" to anyone who listens to metalica, let alone slayer. every song is excelant but the title track in particular is mindblowingly intense. IN MY OPINION, IT WAS THE BEST METAL ALBUM OF THE 90'S. some have called it the "reign in blood of the 90's." the earlier stuff less concise, maybe that's what you heard.

• 4 years later...

Archived