Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 12/04/2023 in all sections

1. As a guy in my mid-fifties, it's interesting to read some of these. Mostly because I went through most of these same concerns/thoughts in my mid-thirties. Back then I made bike racing a focus, lost a bunch of weight, started saving for retirement (wayyyyy too fucking late to be doing that, BTW), started teaching myself DIY home remodel stuff (something that has always scared the hell out of me but I've now learned it's not as scary as I made myself believe), decided to travel more - even if that's just a local weekend getaway, and spend more time with my wife. Other than bike racing, I still make most of these a priority all year long. I'm not much of a resolutions person but I have been thinking a lot about either cutting way back on alcohol consumption or cutting it out completely. Granted, I'm not a huge drinker, like maybe six drinks a week and usually only on the weekends, but I think I can cut that back even more. That will be a goal for 2024. And I'm going to give cyclocross racing next fall/winter one more go before giving in to being the weekend warrior bike rider guy. Art wise... I'd like to do more art, not necessarily for art shows but more just for the fun of making art. I kinda miss those days. I'd also like to spend a little more time creating three dimensional Graffiti pieces. And finally, spend some time learning animation on Procreate. I love drawing characters but they're always so rigid and 2D so teaching myself to bring them to life could be fun.
    6 points
  2. growing up with abandonment basically leads me to always think Im not good enough- I am going to do more to live up to my (personally perceived) potential and also stop being so hard on myself for me thats an important one.
    5 points
  3. 1) stay clean and sober , I've been doing good for the most part staying clean for like the past 3 years or Soo aside from beer which I feel isnt an issue for me atleast, but went a little off the rails when I lost my 9 to 5 delving back into drug use and wasted alot of time and money i wont get back all due to my lack of self esteem. 2)work to assure a better future for myself with my LLC I have started as well as find another 9 to 5 just to stay afloat and buy more equipment needed for my company. 3) start jogging more and get on my phone less 4)read and pray more for my mental health 5) maybe paint a little less and put a little more focus into buying some land and building a place for myself to grow old in out in the woods. 6) get a dog 7) get a camera and start documenting more of my life all angles
    5 points
  4. I dig the wishlist resolutions @Schnitzel This year has forced me to SLOW THE FUCK DOWN and I’m just gonna carry that through into 2024. I move without thought and it’s causing physical pain as I age. GETTING FIT is the goal to help prevent further pain. I’m a fast walker. Fast mover. Fast worker. Even at work some people say-you’re always walking fast-not this fucking year. I also feed my dopamine monster without thought. I’m learning to curve that fix by thinking it through. (Do I really need/want this?….will this benefit me just for now or also in the long run?) If I woulda known was feeding a dopamine monster all these years I would have probably saved a ton of money and /or fat cells. STOP people pleasing. Period. BOUNDRIES. Continue to set them and work harder at controlling them THERAPY of some sort. Meds don’t work.weed isn’t it. (I still love its only benefit right now is to help forget). I need to deal and I need a safe place to talk. My mental heath is at stake and it jumped to a top priority. make side money. write more, also @fat ralphy resolution wishlist Ride the bike Get comfortable with getting in a kayak or something and getting in the water. I’m terribly afraid. Go fishin. Take the Fall drive we have been talking about since we moved here. Even if it’s by myself. Good luck everyone and thank you for being a beam of support in my half ass structured life
    4 points
  5. Drop weight and be more active - last year I had periods of doing well and then shit hit the fan when my brother got fucked up. So that is my biggest priority. With that goes Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - shooting for 3x a week next year because I really need to get this black belt. Hopefully before I turn 45 which gives me 2 years. I want to write more this year- either shorts or something longer. Or shorts that all relate.
    4 points
  6. I'm pretty anti weed for this very reason. it's not harsh enough to really obviously fuck you up like meth, heroin etc. but dammit some people act as bad as smack junkies for weed. I aint seen you for two years we're meeting up to paint before I get on my flight in 4 hours and you're late? But we've still gotta wait around before we start for mick who's bringing the weed? Priorities man..
    4 points
  7. We’ve come a long way since a kid posting drawing of cows on the forum. Crazy to see the evolution of technology and culture represented on this board.
    4 points
  8. I've been deep digging into my past on this site. Some of its cringe as fuck some of its hilarious and this post just inspired me to write an adventure book loosely based on the life and times of Mr. Yuck.
    3 points
  9. Find out if he needs a joint roller. Tell him I am super trust worthy and will never get high on his supply bc I don’t smoke that shit. Roll a mean ass toke stick tho.
    3 points
  10. 3 points
  11. These are solid and relatable. I have to do something about my screen time also as priority # 1.
    3 points
  12. Feeling the sobriety @nicklesndimes talk. Was a life long weed smoker/weed entrepreneur. Smoked almost religiously from morning to bed, think most of it was from quitting cigarettes and replacing it with weed. I think it's been an entire year now that I haven't smoked, last time I remembered doing it was a Christmas party we threw here. Seeing shit much clearer now, moved up into a leadership position in an electrical company after taking a couple years off crypto rich. Now I'm in a high stress, high responsibility management role in a fire alarm outfit since August. Wouldn't have been possible if I smelled like weed with red eyes. Still get the urge, but I want to keep my piss clean just incase. Now I'm at the point where I see people struggling because they're constantly. Gives me the urge to dole out unsolicited advice and be like "have you thought about quitting weed?". I don't say anything though, but it sucks because some of them have families to provide for, and they could be earning much more, but they can't remember basic shit being high all day so their family won't ever get that bump in resources. Most of them "need" it but would be better off long term going clean & sober, or on non-SSRI psych meds.
    3 points
  13. AS PER USUAL lose weight Paint more have more fun. be a better parent and as usual I'm going to achieve these all with varying degrees of failure. wishlist resolutions shark cage diving neptune islands with great whites sitting on a bench somewhere in paris watching panels run ditto with copenhagen ditto with hamburg turn 50 and have loads of friends around
    3 points
  14. pigeon poop in a coop next to not enough people for a group?
    2 points
  15. Heh heh. If you pop your balls lifting weights you're doing it wrong.
    2 points
  16. I've found some pretty funny/cringe/embarrasing things by a number of people while delving through the oontzin of Oontz past.
    2 points
  17. 2 points
  18. 2 points
  19. For me I can be that way with interests - I think that behavior also closely relates to ADD. Get into something- go all out and then the next year Im like not really into it and its just sitting in a corner. But I probably am like you are describing to a degree- The only hobby I really have or what I would consider a hobby is jiu jitsu and I have been at that consistently for over 10 years.
    2 points
  20. 2 points
  21. a female mechanic with a huge ass bending over and looking at the engine of a mustang, she is holding a big yellow funnel and looking back over her shoulder and winking There is no way this shit is taking over the world - at least not at this point.
    2 points
  22. That's mine from last year. Crushed two (fucking was A+ this year and I read 40 books), did okay on one (through intermittent fasting I've e lost around 15 pounds) and wholly missed one (couldn't find my shoes and only went to a gym once, didn't even touch my mountain bike.) This year I'm gonna aim to fuck even more, lose another ten, and start painting (not rap letters) again.
    2 points
  23. Lose weight (I'm up to 200 lbs. again and should be at 175-180). I got there this year hitting the gym at 5am every day, but the new job kicked my ass. Last year I think I had the same resolution after getting Covid, and hearing fat boy style out of breath breathing in videos I shot with my phone when I was just walking. Lowest point was I couldn't hike up a mountain, literally turning back after 10 minutes. I was at 220 lbs in November 2023. Either way, gym membership still valid for now. Anyway, what's your struggle, goals for next year?
    1 point
  24. @fat ralphy Potentially revealing identity but here is my girl's uncle's sound system. I haven't met the guy just yet, but if Ido, there may be a possibility I will get to hear this system which I will be pretty excited as I am curious to know what a million dollars sound like. The guy in the video, is jot her uncle btw.
    1 point
  25. The games today mid af
    1 point
  26. Woah, bro! Car accident?
    1 point
  27. Not bad so far. We had one winter storm and snow gone in two days. My birthday weekend coming up looking good so far.
    1 point
  28. 1 point
  29. We all know Steven. Some of are Steven. Either way, the important question is "Who the fuck is fucking Steven?"
    1 point
  30. We all know Steven. Some of are Steven. Either way, the important question is "Who the fuck is fucking Steven?"
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00