1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Same Sex Marriages

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Joker, Jul 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joker

Joker Dirty Dozen Crew

Same Sex Marriages

Discussion started by Joker - Jul 31, 2003

First, if you have nothing intelligent to say, please refrain from saying anything at all in a response.

I'm sure most of you have seen or heard about President Bush and his next opposition... banning gay marriages. In his first response to the media he even quoted lines from the bible as to why he feels that same sex marriages is wrong. Now... my two cents...

Why does he care? Why is the President of the U.S. concerning himself with the personal lives of people? It's none of his business who a man or a woman sleeps with. Or is married to. And quoting the bible? Since when is the President allowed to force his personal religious views on the country to get what he wants? Why is the Catholic Church getting involved in his decision? What do they have to do with our laws?

I always thought there was suppose to be a seperation of Church and State. Maybe that applies to something else within politics, I don't really know since I'm not that politically minded.

Though I do know that the bible says you should not involve yourself in the wars of men. Which Bush certainly has. So why does he see fit to ignore one quote from the bible but not the other?

Personally, who cares who sleeps with who. If you can truly find someone to love, be it a man or a woman... I say go for it. Finding someone to love and who will love you in return is almost impossible. (You kids will giggle and laugh, but when you get older, you'll see where I'm coming from with this) There shouldn't be laws telling people who they can love... that's rediculous.

Joker - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  2. Sickboy

Sickboy 12oz Member

Sickboy - Replied Jul 31, 2003

Seriously, If bush jsut heard what you jsut said, he'd be speechless. Joker...well put.

Sickboy - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. Hank Parker

Hank Parker 12oz Senior Member

Hank Parker - Replied Jul 31, 2003

Why does anyone care? Cause same sex marriges could lead to the downfall of society as we know it. Look how far gays have evolved within the last 50 years. They get more and more "popular" so to say. Think of the next 50. Your son and my son could be packin each other on the sidewalk and no one would care cause "it's okay...they're different, give them their space"
    I think people should be able to fuck who'm ever they want. But the marrige thing should not happen. End of story.

Hank Parker - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

MrChupacabra - Replied Jul 31, 2003

I had a decent reply to a thread like this in the past, but i'm having some trouble finding it, so i'm just going to agree with joker here.

MrChupacabra - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. Don't Panic

Don't Panic 12oz Member

Don't Panic - Replied Jul 31, 2003

I think he might have noticed his support waining, and decided it was time to take a shot at building up his base. He pushes for the right-wingers, and hasn't been coming through for them that well (namely on civil issues such as these). I think he is making an appeal for their support.

I've only heard one short mention of this, so I haven't followed it, and have no background info.....I can only speculate.

Yes, it is complete bullshit. It's none of his or anyone else's business. That simple. The seperation of church and state is a complete fabrication these days, and has been for sometime.
    Damn shame.

Don't Panic - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. Don't Panic

Don't Panic 12oz Member

Don't Panic - Replied Jul 31, 2003

Re: Re: Same Sex Marriages

That is the stupidest thing I have read in a while. You playing devil's advocate or just genuinely ignorant?

Don't Panic - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. Sickboy

Sickboy 12oz Member

Re: Re: Same Sex Marriages

Well that story sucked. How can you be for gay sex but against gay marrige. Explain.

8. Hank Parker

Hank Parker 12oz Senior Member

Hank Parker - Replied Jul 31, 2003

Sex and marrige are two different things. That's just my thoughts.

Hank Parker - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

-Rage- - Replied Jul 31, 2003

If you asked Dubyah what 'Church and State' is he'd most likely give you directions to just that. Church and State.

Dumb as a doorknob, and one who should not get a second 'turn.'

-Rage- - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  10. Sickboy

Sickboy 12oz Member

Ok...so if your son was sticking his dick up some guys ass your ok with that, but if he sticks a ring on his finger your not ok with it. Makes sense to me.:rolleyes:

11. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

MOOGLE? - Replied Jul 31, 2003

you also have to think about the legal issues that apply to marriage.

imagine two straight guys getting married just to get his friend a greencard

MOOGLE? - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  12. CRAMPS

CRAMPS 12oz Senior Member

CRAMPS - Replied Jul 31, 2003

first off...RAAAGGGAABBLLGRRAAAGLLBRAAAWWW!!!!!

ok, now that thats of my chest. that pisses me off to the piont of screamming silly words.

bush shure is a desperate and stupid man....going for the right wings...thats sooo low.....why right wingers?....why?

this is why we should ban all people from the south from becomming political offishials.

biggots-n-hicks:mad:

CRAMPS - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. mr_president

mr_president Banned

mr_president - Replied Jul 31, 2003

*screams at top of lungs*

im sick and tired of labels... white, black, popular, preppie, wigger, ghetto, gay, straight....

fuck some labels...

:spent:

mr_president - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  14. mr.yuck

mr.yuck 12oz Veteran Member

mr.yuck - Replied Jul 31, 2003

Sex and love are two different things too. I think that it should happen. Every one deserves to be included on their spouses medical insurance regardless of if they are gay or not as well as be privy to all of the same things that straight marraige entitles people to.

The first thing that came to my mind was separation of church and state. I don't know why they keep doing this shit but the government always trys to put the bible on people. I've heard of the 10 commandments being posted at court houses and what not and that is not right in any manner either but that is an entirely different thread.

mr.yuck - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  15. Joker

Joker Dirty Dozen Crew

Joker - Replied Jul 31, 2003

Huh? Imagine that people have been doing that for years and years. Women and men have been marrying for greencards for years. What would be the big deal if two straight men did it? Nothing. It's for a greencard, nothing else. You're basically saying it's okay for a man and a woman to falsify their marriage for a greencard, but not two men... or two women.

Joker - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.