Same Sex Marriages

Joker

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willy.wonka
Originally posted by Sickboy

Seriously, If bush jsut heard what you jsut said, he'd be speechless. Joker...well put.

no he wouldnt..."ARREST THAT MAN!"

Re: Joker

Originally posted by blame

Basic science will tell you that:

A: The only reason we have sexual desires, is purely to reproduce.

Or... on the flip side... what about the PROcreationists... yep... I'm talking about Mormons... They believe in polygamy, but for some reason the US says that's wrong and against the law, even though that is exclusively heterosexual and results in LARGE families...

So, does science tell us to accept it all, or outlaw 2 options for the biblically supported 3rd (NEVERMIND that other peolpe have religious justifications as well!)?

in Oklahoma, dont ever move here, they just repealed a law this year which made it illegal for 2 people of the same sex to be ingaged in any sexual act, THIS YEAR. its fucking 2003 and we still have people who are to close minded to except people for who they are. And this being the bible belt there are some church org's trying to get the law put back on the books. And any form of "oral" sex is still illegal in this state. religion has way to much influence on our government. I think that they should let people marry who ever they want, 2 guys, 2 guys and a girl fuckit, its not going to hurt me. look at it this way, gay people cant fuck up marrage any worse than straight people have. what is it half of over half of marrages end in divorce?

Guest BROWNer

But man you gotta look at the big picture here. I mean think about it.Basic science will tell you that:

A:The only reason we have sexual desires, is purely to reproduce.

how about this for a big picture: SCIENCE IS NOT ABSOLUTE.

one great thing about the bush administration is that they are teaching our generation a very important lesson. VOTE.

I recently had an awkward expierence that i'll share with you people. By my screen name, you should be able to tell i'm from a small town. My aunt, also from the same town, moved off about 20 years ago to a pretty decent sized city. well I went with her to a board meeting and it came up one of the guys there, a close friend of here, was gay and had aids. well fastforward a few months down the road, i'm hanging out with her and she brings up how she isnt going to shop at walmart anymore because they added a new policy to allow gay couples to be on the same insurance plan. First she says its because she thinks they should be married, but then i bring up my girl could have put me on her medical insurance at her job. well then its because their gay and it would bring up the cost of everyones insurance cause you know all those gays have aids... well I bring up that it would be a great thing for that reason alone, it would mean more money would go into AIDS research and help everyone as a whole. so later i'm thinking, here her friend is, dying with AIDS and she doesnt think he deserves healthcare.

Maybe bush is trying to discourage gay activity because the AIDS issue, but what i cant understand is if we can drop so many BILLIONS of dollars "liberating" a country then why not take that money and put it towards saving the world.

As far as gays go, i just mentioned this in another thread, but look back in time, This shit is aint anything new. it was done in the BC and theres nothing new in 2003AD.

and as far as the seperation of religion and state go, check the words in the pledge of allegence, "one nation under god." i know there was talk about changing that, but did it ever happen?

Guest BROWNer

just to clarify, i'm not challenging the prevailing doctrine that

male/females have sex and procreate etcetry..

just the overall shenanigans of the science world..it's a fluid

thing...

blahbloaohb

Re: Re: Joker

Originally posted by Smart

So, does science tell us to accept it all, or outlaw 2 options for the biblically supported 3rd (NEVERMIND that other peolpe have religious justifications as well!)?

science doesnt have a stance on marriage. well, unless you consider psychology as a science.

what hes saying is that sexual feelings are embedded into human instinct for the sake of reproduction.

but what basically happens (and heres where psychology comes in) is that the gratification from sex is so strong that people just like the feeling it brings and arent necessarily doing it for its intended purpose.

thats why we have forms of birth control. and we have oral/anal sex and masturbation..we want the stimulus.

its kinda like how food is just there so people can live..and hunger is designed to tell us we need food. but people like the taste of food so much they eat when theyre not hungry.

any see jon stewarts take on it last nite....

he said they way he hears it, it scares him...does this mean that everyone is gonna have to marry gay???....because he says that this is the the only reason why people would give a fuck about gay marriage...

i cant make it as funny, but he was right on....

who cares......

people in 100 years are gonna laugh at us....

Originally posted by mental invalid

any see jon stewarts take on it last nite....

"maybe Bush doesn't hang out with many gay people...

but the log doesn't go in there George."

Separation of church and state doesn't apply to Bush. He not only wants to ban gay marriages but isn't he trying to bring prayer into the public school systems? What gives him or anyone else for that matter the right to tell people how to live their lives? 90% of my friends are gay and lesbian. Some of them have partners they have been with longer than most straight couple marriages. Are they hurting anyone? I know this gay couple who have been together for over 50 years now, they unofficially adopted a couple of sons and both have grown up to be 2 of the most musically talented, artistic, and intelligent people I have ever met. I can't speak for the entire gay population, but the gay friends and acquiantances I do know would never maliciously hurt anyone, they just want to know that they have the same rights that straight couples do. It makes me so angry when people are judgemental and so cruel to their fellow mankind. What the fuck is it Bush if 2 men or 2 women want to engage in sexual activities? It doesn't matter if people think it's wrong, no one is forcing you to watch or approve of it, next thing you know Bush and the repulican cronies are telling us to only date within our race, taking away one right then another, when will it stop? Asshole!!!! Arrrrrrggggggggggggg!!! He's such a closed minded moron, I would love to kick his fucking ass. So what it biles down to is that yeah I'm all for same sex marriages, it's not hurting me or you or anyone else. Let them adopt children and raised them just as good, if not better than straight couples can. And contrary to some imbicile's belief, they will not force their children to grow up gay.

im all for marriage.

what im not all for is hooched out yuppie whores. boo for hooched out yuppie whores. and boo for sexually irresponsible hooched out yuppie whores that spread std's and live a life of shallow sex and pointless drama.

funny how sexual gender is really irrellevant on my view point.

Guest blame

Re: Re: Re: Joker

Originally posted by mapo returns

its kinda like how food is just there so people can live..and hunger is designed to tell us we need food. but people like the taste of food so much they eat when theyre not hungry........

exactly! and homosexuality is like a food that serves no nutricional value whatsoever and dosent fill you up at all, although to some it might taste nice, it dosent serve its purpose.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Joker

exactly! and homosexuality is like a food that serves no nutricional value whatsoever and dosent fill you up at all, although to some it might taste nice, it dosent serve its purpose.

I think that this is a very warped way to look at the subject and I disagree with you because LOVE and SEX are two different things. You can love some one and not have sex with them, whether it be man on man or man on woman. Sex is a way to reproduce, yes, but it is also a way to conect and show your love physically with the person you are in love with. I don't think this is an issue about a bunch of horney buttfuckers that just want to fuck each other in the ass and get married. There is more to life than sex. But this seems to be the only point that you are basing your arguement around.

my number one complaint with "gay" culture is the sexual irresponsability....ie...Aids epidemic.

therefore....i think marriage is just what gay culture needs.....

shit my ex came to seen me.....im like fucking being single.....good thing im not stacked with cash right now women....two months is to long...lets go to the cathedral.

but at the same time...i love my crew like my girl you know? edit- and what i mean by that is i love them as people that i hold close to my heart so dont go putting this in undertones motherfuckers... i give them hugs and shit and care for them...but im not into sexin with men.

oh yeah...im catholic to.....better get to confession for advocation of gay marriage and birth control.

Guest blame

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Joker

Originally posted by mr.yuck

But this seems to be the only point that you are basing your arguement around.[/color]

There isnt really much of an argument man. I'm not "Anti Gay" but i do think homosexuality is an illness and society makes it very acceptable acceptable.

This debate will be going on circles, and arguments for and against homosexuality have been taking place for centuries and are is not an issue that can be settled on an online message board.

we have to agree to disagree on this one.

first of all.. homosexuality IS normal. its seen in many different animal populations. some scientists have hypothesized that homosexual tendencies develop in a population to curb that population's growth. so it would kind of make sense that on a planet with 6 or 7 billion people, especially with limited resources, a certain *small* percentage of the population is homosexual.

as for gay marriage.. a bunch of people have already said it. there is NO good reason gay marriage should be illegal, it's just an old-fashioned view that marriage should be the union of a man and a woman. there is no legitimate argument one can make for the illegality of gay marriage.

part of me honestly believes this issue is just a sign of the times. eventually we will have a less radically fundamentalist puppet as president, and hopefully we will continue to be progressive in accepting homosexuality in american culture. i know there's a long way to go, but a lot has been accomplished already.

the whole issue of gay marriage just exposes a lot of hypocrits. people like president bush who say gay people should not be discriminated against, because they have the same rights as other americans. however, this IS discrimination, and a case in point of them not having the same rights.

its funny how republicans want government out of people's personal lives, except when it works in their favor, then they're all for an imposing government.

it's just extreme hypocrisy. i believe eventually gay marriage will be legalized, we've just got too many 'old-fashioned' people in power right now for it to happen right away.

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by Joker

Finding someone to love and who will love you in return is almost impossible. (You kids will giggle and laugh, but when you get older, you'll see where I'm coming from with this) There shouldn't be laws telling people who they can love... that's rediculous.

I read your post, and thats it.

I didnt bother reading everyone elses

post, (sorry guys, Ill read them after I

post this.) I just wanted to state how I felt

about this without any influence.

There shouldnt be a law saying who you can

and cant love. Thats unjust. Totally agaisnt

the laws and beliefs our country was founded on.

Finding someone to love you back, the way you

love them is almost impossible. So why make it harder?

There are so many players out there, its sometimes

not even funny. So, why put barriers on who a person

can and cat love and be with. Its hard enough as it is.

I dont want someone telling me I can love this girl..

or that girl, and that once weve both fallen in love,

we cant get married. Funk DAT!

Guest willy.wonka

Back in alexander the greats day, everybody was gay...women were just breeding tools..lets hope that it doesnt go back to that.

i'll be the only straight man on earth if it does.:D

Archived