12ozProphet Forum App - Beta Program, feedback etc.

misteraven

Finally had a chance to move around the app last night. The only thing I noticed immediately is there is a 3-5 second lag once I tap forum thread or the back arrow or next page arrow. Basically any movement from one page to the next there is a short lag before the next page loads. 

All that said, I just tested it again right now and it seems to be working fine. 

Love that it works really well, and looks and feels just like the desktop version. Nicely done @misteraven!!

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Coolest part to me is seeing a push message pop up on my feed home from @Joker   

Keep in mind that the experience after this next upgrade, again should be later this month, will be on another level. If that goes right, plan is to submit to the Apple and Google Play store, so that should be really cool. 

IMG_3237.png

• Like 6

A couple times now - while inputing text to post, the beta has sort of glitched out and i end up in a different thread, prior to hitting submit reply. 

Idk how to better explain it - this has only ever happened with the app. 

18 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

A couple times now - while inputing text to post, the beta has sort of glitched out and i end up in a different thread, prior to hitting submit reply. 

Idk how to better explain it - this has only ever happened with the app. 

Sounds similar to what has been happening with My Safari as I was deleting a load of Contacts and initially they were not all appearing, then those I deleted never appear in the bin, yet I think I will just delete My entire Google account given I have no use for it nor the binary constructs that appeared as people I once knew who chose to fuck Me over for no reason beyond them being jealous cunts.

I think you guys are simply seeing lags. Whether it’s the network (WiFi or cellular) or the app or device I’m unsure. Hopefully the big update I keep mentioning later this month is a bit better in terms of obvious feedback but reality is our resources are a laughable fraction of what I’m sure most apps have (especially the big dogs making the apps you probably spend the most time using) so doing my best with what help I have available (very little). 

Hang tight and hopefully there’s a big jump in experience with this next update. I’ll give you all a heads up as we draw close. 

• Like 4

Calling this the One Man Banned Tweak... Cut the post merge feature in half, so it's now one minute instead of two. Balance between everyone's desire to shit post and keeping these tidy, especially when it comes to spam.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

27 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

@misteraven can that be segregated between new posts and new threads? Traditionally,  spam is a problem in the new threads, everywhere facet, they rarely flood existing threads with posts 

So you're advocating to get rid of the feature?

Surprised so many don't like it.

I like it as a feature for stopping someone from creating threads by the dozen. This makes modding those spam floods way easier. I don't mind it personally as I don't post enough anymore to have even had it take place for me. I'm neutral to it in posts I suppose.

I don't care for power posting just to get enough posts to get your name on a t-shirt despite having ZERO posts that date back more than twelve months prior to the announcement of said tshirt  (you know who you are, you fucking knob).

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Noob users should not be able to make threads.

My experience with the merge is that it has merged more non related posts with messed up spacing (all squished together) than the one or two times it merged a post that made sense being merged. I then have to go edit the spacing or post “merge deez nutz” to make myself feel better.

• Truth 2

9 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

I like it as a feature for stopping someone from creating threads by the dozen. This makes modding those spam floods way easier. I don't mind it personally as I don't post enough anymore to have even had it take place for me. I'm neutral to it in posts I suppose.

I don't care for power posting just to get enough posts to get your name on a t-shirt despite having ZERO posts that date back more than twelve months prior to the announcement of said tshirt  (you know who you are, you fucking knob).

Can't they just reissue the last shirt with no amendments as that way noobs would be prevented from trying such things?

9 hours ago, Mauler5150 said:

Can't they just reissue the last shirt with no amendments as that way noobs would be prevented from trying such things?

I mean probably, but I'm saying there is one name on the og shirt that got there by behaving as I described. 

I like the merge post, specially when it's relevant to one's point.

If anything, I think the merge is something nee we have to get used to but also may need critiquing as it evolves. 

23 hours ago, LUGR said:

Noob users should not be able to make threads.

Definitely this! ^^  @misteraven this roadblock would be great for those who visit the site to create and account for the purpose of spam.  

However,  the thread, "Learn Photoshop Quackly" is an exception. 

• Truth 1

30 minutes ago, misteraven said:

I can't make it that granular. I can make it so that when you register, you need XX posts before starting a thread. In some ways its easier to identify spam when its a new thread, than a new post.

I thought so too as after thought to those who sign up to start a thread for uploading photos of Graff after my post.  

When you say 'granular' do you mean it may be too much trouble to separate the 2, Graff threads and channel zero threads where you have to have so many XX amount of posts to create a thread in channel zero and the likes versus one wouldn't have to have XX amount posts to start a Graff related thread? 

Or is what I am suggesting falls under the definition of granular?

7 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

I mean probably, but I'm saying there is one name on the og shirt that got there by behaving as I described. 

breh….u still mad I power posted my way into the top 200 posters of all time?

6FE64D59-D647-47EA-9F2D-F17EF7D44F1C.gif

It is annoying as fuck when some heads power post walls of text - also the farming of props via using 15 posts to post 20 flicks. 

But whatever its the internet - idgaf

The feature makes sense with reasonable logic applied. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

18 minutes ago, misteraven said:

@ndv By garnular I mean I can't make a rule that is only for that thread or a rule that is for the forum as a whole, but excludes a specific thread.

It's either a universal function or its not.

This is what I thought.  Just wanted to make sure I was understanding you correctly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

It is annoying as fuck when some heads power post walls of text - also the farming of props via using 15 posts to post 20 flicks. 

Shots fired!

56C53B01-7926-4375-B37B-A0DE12915A7C.gif

• LOL! 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

@T.T Boy the app you've been dreaming of!

@Fist 666Cool! So it's a PWA, which works fine and dandy. Going to try and ruin my life by installing it. Launching a full mobile app for iOS and Play is a heavy lift and dealing with both companies can be a huge fuck show. PWA is not a bad way to start.

Now realizing my input on things in 2024 is a bit different than in 2000? 2001? 99?

• Like 1
  • Props 1

I've had the app for a couple days now and I gotta say it's pretty dope.. I think because my brain is kind of subconsciously wired already to just open up apps and browse randomly having the app makes it easier to just pop on in and engage rather than opening up chrome finding the 12oz tab and scrolling from there.. there is a subtle lag when going back to the home page or between threads but nothing too crazy i dont mind it.. plus given how complicated the process can be with getting the app to the right specifications and also onto the play store I'm sure in due time everything will look and run better than ever..

Got this bad boy right on the homescreen.. also I have an android btw and it works flawlessly.. can't wait to see what improvements are in store..

• Like 3

Issues with uploading .png and even .jpeg at times - the picture will show as "done" and the uploaded image is blacked our. 

Weirdly if I open Brave the same image format will upload fine - also a screenshot of the image will tend to work the 2nd time I try it in beta. Maybe a file type issue idk.