What the fuck is going on in Ukraine?

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
10 hours ago, misteraven said:

Pretty incredible but at least explains why the Russians are coming off so weak…

Starting to see a lot of buzz that most are new conscripts and not real soldiers and that many have no clue they were invading. They’re claims they were told it was all a training exercise. Again, makes no sense… Seems like a weak strategy from a historically brutal leader to think a show of force would have people in the Ukraine turning over. And even if that was the strategy, why do it with fake soldiers? Again, nothing here is making any sense at all. 

Also to think Russia can’t actually wage war at their door step or fight for 10 days and then run out of munitions seems ludicrous on its face when we’re wrapping up two decades in Afghanistan on top of patrolling most of the planet. 

Anyone actually seeing any feeds or outlets from the Russian point of view?

They can't be playing rope-a-dope?

18 hours ago, misteraven said:

@6Pennies  @Mercer  @Kults  @Elena Delle Donne

best explanation of all this I’ve found so far…

Ukraine’s Deadly Gamble

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/ukraines-deadly-gamble

Bumping this because it’s by far the best breakdown I’ve seen about the situation. If you haven’t read it yet, it’s worth the couple minutes. 

Ukraine’s Deadly Gamble

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/ukraines-deadly-gamble

What’s the fucking point of even pretending we’re thinking anymore if every stance is 100% pre-determined by party.

It literally took less two days for this issue to polarize into camps, that have a strong & predictable preference on if it’s red or blue team fucking their ass. This country totally deserves what’s coming to us.

Americans always think their greatest enemy is their fellow countrymen, and they are unable to think clearly anymore.

• Truth 2

It's interesting when things first pop off, before an issue is politicized when people bother to think for themselves. The same polarization pattern keeps emerging making every hot take predictable, and fucking dumb in 4 easy steps.

1. First, team blue's pimps preemptively choose wrong, but better optics for their bottom bitches to parrot on social media, and top bitches on MSM.
  2. Team red, with their much weaker pimp hand makes it's decision by letting bottom their bitches choose the opposite of team blue, not what's right according to their own ideology.
  3. Team red's pimps are left playing press secretary, for terrible optics, thinking there's a conspiracy why they're losing. Excusing Russian dick in the mouth, instead of a knee on a neck this time.
  4. Everyone suffers because both teams of  modern morons are so passionate about their own countrymen as their worst enemy.

This shit would be hilarious if innocent people didn't face unimaginable consequences as a result of 99.9999% of people unable to think for themselves.

Edited by Mercer
more swear words
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

Sounds like a ton of global hardship for years to come just for a few years of cooling.  What happenes 10 - 15 years later or after the soot is gone (falls to earth)?   I mean we would still process what we still need for sustainability  and at the same time probably burn more coal for heating for the longer winters.  So I would imagine we would cause some kinda atmospheric tensions increasing pressure from the atmosphere, soot, and the bottom layer being the new layer of greenhouse gas.  Then the other question is going to be, air quality, what kinda oxygen levels we gasping for now?

That's wild tho.

10 minutes ago, ndv said:

Sounds like a ton of global hardship for years to come just for a few years of cooling.  What happenes 10 - 15 years later or after the soot is gone (falls to earth)?   I mean we would still process what we still need for sustainability  and at the same time probably burn more coal for heating for the longer winters.  So I would imagine we would cause some kinda atmospheric tensions increasing pressure from the atmosphere, soot, and the bottom layer being the new layer of greenhouse gas.  Then the other question is going to be, air quality, what kinda oxygen levels we gasping for now?

That's wild tho.

shits vast. and wild. and not kool.

• Truth 2

20 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

They elected a comedian and got a president. 

Been working the other way around for us the last few decades. 

Not saying he doesn't have a right to, but he's been provoking Putin in public, and private for years directly threatening his personal wealth. IMO both leaders have failed their people. Don't get it twisted though, I'm not some idiot Trumptard trying to justify Putins because the bots told me too. IMO he is for sure the bigger piece of shit here.

I just think dude should have been working to avoid this, instead of intentionally trying to provoke it. When I look at a war and see one side as virtuous, and the other side as the opposite, that's a clear sign the lens I'm looking through is cloudy. There's just way more virtue in quietly avoiding a war, and none of us knowing his name/face, than him executing a near flawless PR campaign now.

• Truth 1

@Mercerit definitely would’ve been better for his people if he’d successfully avoided this, if he could have. failed leadership there. A career politician probably would’ve not gone down the roads that led to this. 

If he is really declining evacuation by other govts and staying in the city center with his people though, that’s impressive. Even though I doubt he would really have much of a choice. If he left his country to hide somewhere til the dust settles he would never be able to go back and would be an embarrassment. 

The Ukrainian side of this war is definitely getting a PR boost and it’s very weird. Kiev being called Keeeeev all over the place for the first time I can ever remember hearing, a lot of emphasis on “they aren’t nazi, their pres is a Jew!”, only combat footage showing Ukraine successes, “fuck you russian ship” story turns out fake, “ghost of Kiev” ace fighter pilot also probably fake… and who knows what else popped up today. 

again, I really just hope we just stay out of it and I feel fine not really having too much to say on this war because it’s so far removed from my world knowledge. I have no idea what is going on between these guys other than it goes back hundreds of years (thousands?) 🤷‍♂️ I wish cristo-f was still around because the way he explained things was easy for me to grasp and I’d like to know what his thoughts are on this whole thing. 

Ukraine is probably gonna fall and hopefully Putin stops there.. if he keeps moving onto other countries or China makes a move on Taiwan I’ll start to get spooked.