What the fuck is going on in Ukraine?

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Didn’t see this coming. Was kind of grimly expecting them to make a move on Taiwan…

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/china-restrict-financing-russia-ukraina-invasion

Chinese banks restrict lending to Russia, dealing blow to Moscow

Beijing draws line on support for Moscow after invasion of Ukraine

“some time later…”

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-tells-chinas-xi-that-russia-is-ready-talk-with-ukraine-kremlin-2022-02-25/

Putin tells China's Xi that Russia is ready to talk with Ukraine - Kremlin

• Like 2

Not sure it’s all that deep, especially because there’s videos of Putin speaking from years ago about all that’s happening now. 

If you all remember the shit that popped off back in 2014 in the Ukraine, where the USA literally acknowledged it was stirring the pot out there and helping replace Ukraines leadership. Previously Ukraines government was pro Russia. We helped replace it with one that wasn’t with promises to help them enter into NATO. Some of this even goes down the rabbit hole in that Joe Biden via Hunter we’re personally profiting from the regime change. This is what was driving Trump to threaten to cutoff funding the Ukraine if they didn’t cooperate in an investigation, which in turn was what led Congress to impeach him. 

In any case, besides a history that goes back hundreds of years of the region largely being unified, there’s obvious geo political reasons for it as well. Ukraine previously was a founding republic of the Soviet Union and part of the Warsaw Pact, which was the Soviet Unions direct response as a counter balance to Western Power being consolidated under NATO. Though the Warsaw Pact disintegrated with the collapse of the Soviet Union, Putin has been consistently vocal about his concern with NATO and Western power and influence in the region. Obviously he’s pissed when a country on his border, with deep connections to the former Soviet Union and territory in general is suddenly flipped with an anti-Russian government and NATO support, never mind discussions of it potentially being invited into NATO. Likewise you can see the advantage of the USA having a new best friend on Russia’s door step. 

This isn’t much different than the Soviet Union being BFF’s with Cuba. USA wasn’t having it, so JFK invaded which was the bungle we now know as the Bay of Pigs and is historically recognized as the closest we all came to nuclear war.

Anyhow, none of this is really secret stuff. There’s literally news reels of most of it, including Putin calling out the USA in 2014 for meddling in the Ukraine. 

Unsure exactly on the timing, but I’d bet that the Biden administration is desperate to get attention off the shit show the USA has been the last two years and it’s a fairly common tactic, historically, for governments to push out war when their population is about to boil over. In this case, it would deflect attention, possibly unify the country and likely kick start the economy in the short term. Plus gives them someone else to blame for shit, something we’re already starting to see. 

BCB37FFB-F70F-4CE3-B060-D7C0D8ACC2D3.webp

• Like 2

Honestly the big surprise to me has been how weak Russia appears. Granted we’re just coming off that disastrous withdrawal out of Afghanistan (which I’d like to think is very representative of our tactics and capabilities) but damn… Would have though Russia would have steam rolled through them in less than 48 hrs. Instead I’ve seen a bunch of footage of their planes being shot down, tanks running out of fuel and some other rookie shit. Not at all what I would have expected. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cacbzs_ujnk/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 1

8 hours ago, misteraven said:

If you all remember the shit that popped off back in 2014 in the Ukraine, where the USA literally acknowledged it was stirring the pot out there and helping replace Ukraines leadership. Previously Ukraines government was pro Russia. We helped replace it with one that wasn’t with promises to help them enter into NATO. Some of this even goes down the rabbit hole in that Joe Biden via Hunter we’re personally profiting from the regime change. This is what was driving Trump to threaten to cutoff funding the Ukraine 

it's right to bring some of this up, but you're leaving out a lot:

- both russia and the west (nato, probably cia) had their thumbs on the scales during euromaidan. russia essentially ran berkut during the revolution as a loyalist gestapo. most of them later defected to russia. 

- yanukovch was not a good dude. pick through the trove of documents retrieved when he and his crew fled that shows how he and friends hid, moved, and spent hundreds of millions of dollars. his electoral opponent was poisoned just before the election. a nakedly corrupt figure: https://www.occrp.org/en/yanukovychleaks-national-project/

- this is who trumps campaign manager paul manafort worked for, for ten years.  manafort was charged in the mueller investigation and was pardoned by trump for some of this work

we're getting into the russiagate stuff here and i don't really want to/that's not what this thread is for. but it is worth pointing out that all these dudes just moved dirty money around eastern europe and got rich doing it. in a just world manafort would be in prison for it. trump was fine with it, if he even knew how deep it ran. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

1 hour ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

it's right to bring some of this up, but you're leaving out a lot:

- both russia and the west (nato, probably cia) had their thumbs on the scales during euromaidan. russia essentially ran berkut during the revolution as a loyalist gestapo. most of them later defected to russia. 

- yanukovch was not a good dude. pick through the trove of documents retrieved when he and his crew fled that shows how he and friends hid, moved, and spent hundreds of millions of dollars. his electoral opponent was poisoned just before the election. a nakedly corrupt figure: https://www.occrp.org/en/yanukovychleaks-national-project/

- this is who trumps campaign manager paul manafort worked for, for ten years.  manafort was charged in the mueller investigation and was pardoned by trump for some of this work

we're getting into the russiagate stuff here and i don't really want to/that's not what this thread is for. but it is worth pointing out that all these dudes just moved dirty money around eastern europe and got rich doing it. in a just world manafort would be in prison for it. trump was fine with it, if he even knew how deep it ran. 

no doubt, it’s all fucked. Lot of people were taping Ukraine or using it to launder money. yeah suppose the main point I was making is Putin warned everyone back in 2014 that he wouldn’t tolerate a nato / west sympathetic country on his door step and we pretty much engineered exactly that. 

really it’s the timing that I’m wondering about… Though I’m speculating now, it makes sense to me that the USA really wants to eat the dog right about now, but I’m wondering why Putin picked now to get riled up over it all. It really is a shock to me how weak Russia has come off, so the fact that Biden is beating his drum and mobilizing significant money and force when Ukraine has largely handled itself far beyond anyones expectations is suspect AF (and supports my assumption that the Biden admin is psyched to have a diversion). Crazy days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

no one's hands are clean and i regret how power and money and influence move around in that region. it is deeply undemocratic and fucks over the vast majority of the country no matter their allegiance 

99.99999% of Ukraine & Russia have clean hands. War is governments exploiting their own populous to benefit the 0.000001% that run the state. Any other root cause of war has always been an intentional illusion.

Edited by Mercer

2 hours ago, misteraven said:

really it’s the timing that I’m wondering about… Though I’m speculating now, it makes sense to me that the USA really wants to eat the dog right about now, but I’m wondering why Putin picked now to get riled up over it all. It really is a shock to me how weak Russia has come off

this has been strange to me too, sort of unsettling. putin doesn't really fuck up like this to my knowledge. the invasion was always going to be unsustainable and too hard to maintain longterm but they didn't follow the overnight strike playbook either and have done a really poor job destabilizing the country before invading. it's ham fisted for a country that is a real threat, for the most part, on theintelligence front. 

the ground reports are sketchy right now (and uniformly ukrainian) but they all point to a significant ukrainian defense and/or outright losses by russian forces. they're very well armed of course (by us) and i don't doubt there are americans in there already, somewhere. but with sanctions the ruble has collapsed, the screws are turning. i don't see what his play is here except for halting a lot of commodities (oil, gas, coal, wheat) to the rest of the world 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

i don't see what his play is here except for halting a lot of commodities (oil, gas, coal, wheat) to the rest of the world 

Still a nuclear power. Hopefully he isn’t crazy enough to play that card, but yeah this isn’t making much sense. All coverage points to the Russians being straight amateurs and have a real tough time buying that.  

• Like 1