What the fuck is going on in Ukraine?

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was going to abandon this thread because it was looking like all the Russia/Ukraine stuff was just US media hype (propaganda).. but my curiosity still wasn’t satisfied.

Here is some backstory that I found that isn’t being included in the narrative we have been bombarded with over the last few months. Two articles from 2019, I have no idea what these sources are so there’s that…

https://sofrep.com/news/operation-sickle-and-hammer-ukraine-prepares-to-take-back-donbass/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/sofrep/

(US military news)

87FC0396-E228-466D-A819-AFA90868C05E.thumb.jpeg.2f27d37a51fed8e3021a36a6aa4fc95b.jpeg
5CCF6BEA-E06A-4591-8F8C-72C37319A3C5.thumb.jpeg.e3f99cd5ec9562c1c101d41ce9603848.jpeg

7FF33A31-8186-4856-A3D2-3EE3E0C9D9A3.thumb.jpeg.0b57cea6775c25bfac7b99f10f1fdda0.jpeg

https://www.unian.info/war/10472820-ukrainian-army-ready-for-offensive-operations-joint-forces-commander.html

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/?s=UniAn
(Kiev state media)

46BBB370-D7AE-450F-B4EF-34DCD01F3FB3.thumb.jpeg.1bf5d6b06ae7102da1829f764baa98b5.jpeg

15AF2484-4E83-4827-BC8C-1F8414FB18F9.thumb.jpeg.80b008b36ecd72594b4d1139c333716a.jpeg
6D797396-A207-402B-A65C-0CEFB414EA92.thumb.jpeg.5565c27a9800349bdbead7ceb474049c.jpeg

All this tension over a region named Donbas… ive never heard of Donbas before so I looked into that as well 

1AE869D9-8162-45D1-8130-336640B5FDBB.thumb.jpeg.3f38a46e20dfe3538a63fe837db6bc81.jpeg

Luhansk and Donetsk are two regions that have claimed independence from Ukraine 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donbas

In March 2014, following the Euromaidan and 2014 Ukrainian revolution, large swaths of the Donbas became gripped by unrest. This unrest later grew into a war by pro-Russian separatists affiliated with the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk "People's Republics", both of which are recognised by Russia[13] but not by any other member of the United Nations as legitimate,[14] with support from Russia, including supply of arms and ammunition and participation of military and security services, mercenaries, and volunteers, against the government of Ukraine.

• Like 1

So, my dog brained interpretation of all of that is this - region of Ukraine wanted to go back to being Russian, Russia likely backed the separatists with cash and gear, Ukraine said “hol up we aren’t giving up that land like that, we are taking it back”, russia is now saying it’s a humanitarian issue - even though they likely stoked the flames of the separatists?

my big take away- FUCK EM ALL AND STAY OUT OF IT!!

• Truth 4

On 2/20/2022 at 8:36 PM, Mercer said:

It's really weird how supposedly smart people in charge thinks the U.S. could stop Russia somehow, or that intervening would lead to a desirable outcome. I'm just here hoping the Northern hemisphere of Earth remains habitable.

i do think we could put up a good show against russia in a ground war BUT ~ extremely ~  doubt we'd be able to create a desirable outcome in any kind of "hot" intervention 

9 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

So, my dog brained interpretation of all of that is this - region of Ukraine wanted to go back to being Russian, Russia likely backed the separatists with cash and gear, Ukraine said “hol up we aren’t giving up that land like that, we are taking it back”, russia is now saying it’s a humanitarian issue - even though they likely stoked the flames of the separatists?

this is my understanding too, basically. russia has nothing to lose by backing separatists in ukraine — worst case nothing, best case schism, mid case he gets to mock NATO and cause them agony and/or create a plausible scenario for russian "peacekeeping" 

12 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

We are literally the most blind splitting nosey ass country in the history of the world. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

BASICALLY WHAT RUSSIA DID WAS PLANNED TACTICALLY BUT NOT STRATEGICALLY. WHAT IS RUSSIA ACTUALLY GAINING BY INVADING ALL OF UKRAINE VS. WHAT IT STANDS TO LOSE WITH SANCTIONS? RUSSIA IS NOT A FUNDAMENTALLY WELL-RUNNING COUNTRY. ITS ECONOMY IS POORLY DIVERSIFIED, IT'S PEOPLE HAVE BAD LIVING STANDARDS AND AREN'T HAVING CHILDREN AT POPULATION REPLACEMENT RATES, AND YOU'RE SPENDING (YOUNG) BLOOD AND TREASURE TO INVADE AND POSSIBLY OCCUPY A FULL COUNTRY? WHEN YOU PROBABLY COULD HAVE JUST ANNEXED A PORTION WITH WAY LESS TROUBLE?

THE US AND  NATO KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN , WHY DIDN’T THEY DROP THE SANCTION HAMMER EARLIER ?

BECAUSE ULTIMATELY THAT WASN'T GOING TO STOP PUTIN AND ONLY HURTS THE OPTICS/PR WITH RUSSIAN SYMPATHIZERS-----THEY NIXED THE GAS PIPELINE FROM RUSSIA AS A WARNING SHOT BUT PUTIN PAINTED HIMSELF INTO A CORNER WITH ALL THE CHEST THUMPING HE'S DONE AN UPFRONT SLAP OF FULL SANCTIONS COULD BE PERCEIVED AS AN ESCALATION BY THE US BUT PUTIN HAS GOTTEN OUTMANEUVERED HERE SEVERELY IT'S CLEAR RUSSIA DOESN'T HAVE ACTUALLY HAVE A PLAN NOW. IT'S ALL REACTION AND THEIR HEAD HONCHO PUTIN IS ON SOME HEAVY MACHO SHIT, POTENTIALLY HAS A TERMINAL ILLNESS, AND IS EMOTIONAL

Edited by Boris The Butcher
  • Like 2
  • Truth 1

Stability's price just went up, everybody wants it now, and only Putin can provide. Not in his interests to occupy Western Ukraine but he's successfully demonstrated he can destabilize it, and thus Europe at will. No matter the signals MSM send from here out, the game just switched to the fate of Putin's gas pipes, and bargaining for stability. So in other words, if the dust settles, that's going to be a check & mate for Putin.

• Like 1