Ford F150 Lightning

Mercer

Just now, diggity said:

also wanted to mention that its interesting how much attention this guy spent on the background for his video but then didn't bother to iron his shirt. i know thats some weird petty, been working in TV too long but its distracting as fuck for me.

you're not alone, check the comments

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 minutes ago, diggity said:

also wanted to mention that its interesting how much attention this guy spent on the background for his video but then didn't bother to iron his shirt. i know thats some weird petty, been working in TV too long but its distracting as fuck for me.

Now I have to rewatch. lol

3 minutes ago, Kults said:

I don't think you're the target consumer for this. Just get the F150 proper or the Lightning for all that. It's def a city oriented truck for lighter work

Much like a popular writer with an army of biters, you gotta tow them toys.

Just now, Mercer said:

Much like a popular writer with an army of biters, you gotta tow them toys.

or like the legal eagle that thinks he’s got the game on his back while the more agile and mobile bombers cover the city 

• Truth 1

5 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I don’t understand what the maverick is supposed to be. Didn’t they just bring back the ranger as their light duty truck?

From what I can tell its the Hybrid engine and the future forward tech that sets them apart, also the price

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I don’t understand what the maverick is supposed to be. Didn’t they just bring back the ranger as their light duty truck?

I think the ranger has more of a "fun" light duty like 4x4 capabilities, ability to tow jet-skis/ATV's etc. while this one is strictly business, solid fleet light duty work vehicle.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

city dweller here, would totally drive the maverick. i'm not buying a car yet but this is at the top of my list. that hybrid is a big deal. especially with a bed cap? and not a fucking 20" tv inside, some analogue buttons? i love this and hope they sell millions. i feel like aftermarket will come in to fix things like the grill. the interior can be dealt with, maybe ranger or f150 seats can be swapped in. they almost certainly went cheap on those 

the ranger should have been a lift/trim package based on this, imo 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 2:14 PM, mr.yuck said:

My initial reaction to the lightning was hard pushback simply based on vehicle range and charge time back to full. I don’t know why I was pushing back so hard. I don’t drive my van 230 miles on my worst day... or two. The pluses are I could stop dragging my generator around with me and start running my job sites off of the truck. Stop relying on the generator for hurricane season when we lose power to the house the most.

Pretty hype about this actually

The 300 miles on the the 150 is with a max payload (I think).  I think your looking at 400-450 miles with minimal cargo.

Also, write off the truck on taxes and get some potential $$ from the state for having an e-vehicle.

• Truth 2

• 7 months later...
On 6/7/2021 at 12:20 AM, fat ralphy said:

That opinion is based on the Sport - which I agree is a bitch made vehicle.

The full size shits are looking ill and crazy options too.

yo I have finally seen some of those full size Broncos. Within the last month or so. Awesome. Shit talk recanted!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

yo I have finally seen some of those full size Broncos. Within the last month or so. Awesome. Shit talk recanted!

Now check out the Raptor version they unveiled yesterday. They shoulda kept the original Warthog name though 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Whoa! I’m on board with that. I had been considering a Rubicon for like an off road type vehicle but this thing shits all over any jeep product. I am always hesitant to buy a brand new model vehicle. I bought the Colorado when it first came out and had all kinds of weird issues with it.

• Like 1

@T4M* I kinda view trucks for their utilitarian purpose so all the bells and whistles never really mattered to me. I’ve always bought my trucks base model + automatic transmission and then upfit  them aftermarket. I was hella surprised when I walked onto fords lot and saw an F150 for like 70k.

• Truth 1

@mr.yuck I agree, trucks have a purpose, extra features that do not up the power of the truck we can all live without.

The lighting truck is a game changer.  IF the IRS approves the truck, you can get up to $7K back for driving this vehicle.

Inside looked very spacious,  no doubt a comfortable ride. The trunk in the front (sounds stupid saying it) was pretty big, but not all that practical.  Think about it, groceries can't go there,  unless you plan to park your car away from everyone,  I do it for other purposes. 

Wanting to see someone put Car audio in the front, changing the meaning of "pop the hood" 🤣

• LOL! 1

@mr.yuckat this point you will probably be getting a 2023 at minimum if you ordered….plenty of time to iron out any issues.

There is a baseline model at work and I will say it looks hella underwhelming without some fat tires. I saw a kitted out Bronco the other day and that shit looked dope.

I was pricing them out at like 49-51k for what i wanted.

• Truth 2

8 minutes ago, ~KRYLON2~ said:

I have 3 more payments on the mustang and would like to have a newer truck for a daily. My issue is I could just dump a bunch of money in the jeep truck and have a pretty capable work/recreation vehicle with out dealing with monthly payments. 

Being payment free is the dream!

• Truth 2

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@T4M* I kinda view trucks for their utilitarian purpose so all the bells and whistles never really mattered to me.

1 hour ago, T4M* said:

@mr.yuck I agree, trucks have a purpose, extra features that do not up the power of the truck we can all live without.

We rarely seem to get the options or add ons we really want anyway..

75292736-069C-4F4F-B6AD-B3EDD0DDEC55.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 2