The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
5 hours ago, morton said:

Maybe Korean style with seafood pancake and the new fangled Korean Fried Chicken. Or Chinese style green onion pancake with some spicy chicken.

But for sure American style the waffles ridges, and ease of eating with hands makes it the superior choice.

I like rice and gravy more than mashed potato and gravy for chicken though, just a what you were raised on kind of thing.

I have been making fried chicken more or less the same way since I was a child, I try other methods and am generally convinced that they are either inferior or not worth the added work. In the back of my mind though I am interested in trying this North Carolina dipped fried chicken, I saw a blurb about it on the television and it looks pretty proper, but for sure more work than my normal approach.

You fried your own chicken since you were a child?

I bet you fry some legit chicken.

• Truth 2

I just fried some sub par joints. Fuckin frying chicken is a never ending battle of methodology. Sometimes I nail it. Other times like tonight its trash. I never really measure anything out when it comes to the flour mix and I’m pretty sure that’s my problem. Too much flour and not enough seasoning. Rule of thumb is if you cannot see it in there its not right. That shit changes when you’re doing bigger batches so maybe eyeing it out is the wrong move idk. 

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I just fried some sub par joints. Fuckin frying chicken is a never ending battle of methodology. Sometimes I nail it. Other times like tonight its trash. I never really measure anything out when it comes to the flour mix and I’m pretty sure that’s my problem. Too much flour and not enough seasoning. Rule of thumb is if you cannot see it in there its not right. That shit changes when you’re doing bigger batches so maybe eyeing it out is the wrong move idk. 

i don’t fry chicken ever pretty much but I’ve heard it really helps to dredge->flour three or four times 

• Truth 1

2 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

Can anybody explain what's so hilarious about Ohio?

My kid keeps talking about Ohio memes and I don't get it.

It's a place so horrid that the river once caught on fire.  When you cross its border you gain 10 pounds.  Crosby Still Nash & Young made a song about it, then nothing really happened again until Drew Carey.  Fast forward to last week and a NS train derailed there with a few tankers of chemicals.  Responders burned off the chemicals in a black toxic cloud that spread and wreaked havoc.  After that another NS train went on the ground, but no big deal.  Oh, and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is in Ohio.  They also make shitty candies called buckeyes that suck.

• Truth 4

5 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

Can anybody explain what's so hilarious about Ohio?

My kid keeps talking about Ohio memes and I don't get it.

Australian children talking about Ohio memes!?

That’s awesome!

Can you ask him what his impression of Ohio is and share his perspective with us?

• Truth 2

11 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

It's a place so horrid that the river once caught on fire.  When you cross its border you gain 10 pounds.  Crosby Still Nash & Young made a song about it, then nothing really happened again until Drew Carey.  Fast forward to last week and a NS train derailed there with a few tankers of chemicals.  Responders burned off the chemicals in a black toxic cloud that spread and wreaked havoc.  After that another NS train went on the ground, but no big deal.  Oh, and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is in Ohio.  They also make shitty candies called buckeyes that suck.

all true but bone thugs are from here so it’s chill

• Like 3
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

ohio is a meme because it's had mostly bad press for like 50 years. large swathes are pretty poor. it's equal amounts post industrial (the side my family is from) and rural. lots of people who can, leave— it's been affecting brain drain for decades. 

however it must be said... people who shit on ohio are actively trying to forget that indiana, kentucky, alabama, idaho, arizona, and oklahoma exist. 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Like 1
  • Truth 3

😂 😂 😂 

😂        😂 

😂        😂 

😂        😂 

😂 😂 😂 

😂 

😂        😂 

😂        😂 

😂 😂 😂 

😂        😂 

😂        😂 

😂 😂 😂 

😂 

😂 

😂 

😂 😂 😂

😂 

😂 😂 😂 

😂        😂 

😂        😂 

😂        😂 

😂 😂 😂

20 minutes ago, ndv said:

Whats the back story on this?

It's a small amusement park in Indiana. There were always commercials for it with that crow yelling "there's more than corn in Indiana!" Then they closed down the park thus the joke now there's only corn left lol.

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

It's a small amusement park in Indiana. There were always commercials for it with that crow yelling "there's more than corn in Indiana!" Then they closed down the park thus the joke now there's only corn left lol.

I laugh with on this becuase I feel the story in relation to when Astroworld/Waterworld closed down in HTX.  All we have is concrete now. 😞

• LOL! 1